Scalpers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
martha said:

In the long run, yes. The guy I sat next to at this last Springsteen show said he paid $25 under face for his ticket and there were many tickets still available.

Removing the market is the only real way to stop it. You can make it illegal all you want, and that will make it harder to buy and sell, but it won't eliminate it.

Yeah but how do you eliminate it? I mean the example you give sounds like the show didn't sell out, so of course then there is no market for it...

BonoVoxSupastar said:

What is stubhub? Does it have people who buy bulk and then resale like brokers?

They say it's a place for fans to buy and sell extra tickets. You set a price for the ticket, someone buys it, you get the money minus a cut stubhub takes for being the middle man. On the surface, it appears that you are buying from some random person but if you look at the shear volume of tickets they have, there's no way brokers aren't involved in it. I would suspect it's mainly brokers actually.

indra said:
I do have a sure-fire method for avoiding scalpers though -- never see a popular band in concert. :D

(hey, I didn't say it was a good solution! :wink: )

You know you might be onto something. I hereby declare I won't buy anymore U2 music. If everyone did this, they'd be playing 200 seater clubs in no time!!!!! :happy:

martha said:

People stop buying from scalpers.

No matter what.

Not everyone is willing to do that. That's why they can sell at inflated prices.

Ideally this would be great, bands would be playing to half empty arenas, but yeah it would be nice...

Back
Top Bottom