SATS - New Mix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: I love it!

jick said:
Much better than the original mix.

Agree. I don't know why people are lamenting the loss of "effects" when there seems to be more psychedelica in the new version, especially the end which is a lot better than the originals.

The chorus part where Bono sings and Edge does backing harmonies has a very Bon Jovi feel to it - kinda like how Sambora complement's Jon Bon Jovi's vocals.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Re: I love it!

jick said:
The chorus part where Bono sings and Edge does backing harmonies has a very Bon Jovi feel to it - kinda like how Sambora complement's Jon Bon Jovi's vocals.

Cheers,

J
The King Of POP

Exactly. :huh: :eeklaugh:

I finally got to listen to the new mix of STATS. I like it. I read that a lot of people didn't like it, which is strange. I'm glad it turned out the way that it did. U2 said that SATS was one of the songs that was "unfinished". I think the added drums, backing vocals, and guitar effects really help to round off the song. I'm glad that it was not some crazy-ass dance version of the song. Don't get me wrong, I like re-mixes, but not on a "Best of" CD. I still think they should release the "The Remixes 1980-1990" and "The Remixes 1990-2000". Edge has always said that he would love to go back to some of the old tunes and work them over a bit. That would kick ass!

See ya.

Back
Top Bottom