"Saints" full video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WOW , terrible video. Would of been happier if they filmed it all in studio.

I am enjoying all the moronic comments in that thread...makes this site look very tame by comparison...but one thing I can say is no matter how bad this site gets sometimes at least the majority have some intelligence, most of the people talking about the video in that thread have none, nore do they know anything about the original song or anything about U2 or even Green Day. Makes me wonder how they ended up watching it.

i thought that was pretty cringe worthy...first time i've heard the song, sounds alright.

:yawn: Boring! It needs more explosions, amazing CGI, bling and half-naked dancers in the background.

Just kidding. It's pretty much what I'd expected it to be as a video/song for charity.

Last edited:
I appreciate the OP hunting the video down :up:

It's a pretty good video - but what the fuck is up with the cloned CG choppers and Harrier jets flying over the Superdome? Sorry, but that pissed me off.

EDIT: Oh, and F-117 stealth bombers dropping food parcels. Sorry, whoever directed this is a fucking idiot.

Lancemc said:
Errr, I don't think they were ex actly going for realism there. :rolleyes:
Yeah, of course, but they didn't put a bunch of Formula 1 cars in the video for 'Cherry Pie', did they?

Im still enjoying reading all the comments....never ending source of entertainment.

Simple question , how did he-she anyone , got the full real thing already ?

Interesting enough nonetheless for me , the fatc is the 1st time I heard it with phones , so It's first time I'm really the basses of it

EDIT.: Indeed the whole planes US army thing was disgustin .......

The video was doin pretty great

I mean C'mon , I won't get in details how shit was the help bein done and all , I will only leave the question , WTF are The US troops go blessed and good job in the same scene , I hear Edge's explorer sounds , that's sickenin for me

Last edited:
Thanks for the link, finally got to see the whole video. Reading all of the Youtube comments was very entertaining also.

I didn't like it...love the song...but if you're gonna make a song about Katrina victims or music rising at least show whats really going on, don't add a bunch of CGI warplanes...it took so much from the video. Really didn't like the video!:madspit:

I thought the video made a great point about American priorities, but the director used the CGI military really poorly in some shots with the cloned jets and static backgrounds. Those news banners also bugged a little, too anvil-heavy.

Otherwise, I enjoyed it.

Last edited:
what really made me boil a little is someone believed that the rescues should have been credited to the Army when it was in fact the Coast Guard who doesn't get nearly as much recognition as the other branches...god bless the USCG, and god damn the director

image1jx2.gif

:laugh:

EDIT: These people will eventually be policing our streets,
managing my money,
protecting our peace,
and teaching my children :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom