Sad, but...I don't know but...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheU2

Refugee
Not sure if I should post this.....

but below is a link to a website that was run by Paul Battaglia, a victim of WTC. It gives you glimpse of Paul and what a great, amazing guy he was. I went to college with Paul (I'm a year ahead) but for some reason, our paths never crossed.

Particulary moving, sad, emotional, whatever you want to call it...is the guestbook that he had set up. Many people, strangers, friends, family have written many moving things. It has become an online memorial, so to speak. So, if you want to see another, different element of how this tragedy has touched all our lives, I recomend viewing the sites linked below.

Paul's personal website

Website set up after WTC by Paul's friends

Article from SA newspaper

Direct link to guestbook

Take Care....

CK

PS I've added a direct link to his guestbook. If you clink on just one of the links, click on the guestbook.
------------------
I will give you 2 GA's for 2 GC's!! Email or IM me or respond to the multiple threads I have concerning this. Help a desparate man out!!
Email:U2_Kennedy@yahoo.com
AIM: ckennedy77

[This message has been edited by TheU2 (edited 10-08-2001).]

The name sounds very familiar, and after seeing his picture, I believe I saw several of the "missing" flyers posted for him when I was in NYC, Sept. 19-22.

~U2Alabama

That's really really sad, but really sweet at the same time.
I have a 'nice' little related story from all the way down here in Sydney. My mothers best friend is an NY native. She moved here about 4 years ago when her husband landed a top executive job for American Express here. Anyway, she lost about 15 friends at the WTC, and felt even worse because she was so far away, still with great friends here, but not her NY circle of friends. She was holding up ok though, but about 5 or 6 days afterwards, she was in a supermarket and just caught the footage of the plane hitting the building again on a tv and she lost it in the middle of the supermarket. A complete stranger came up to her and took her through the register, paid for her goods, then took her for a coffee. During the conversation she asked what the complete strangers husband did for a job....'Oh he's a musician' He's Andrew Farris from INXS. (heh heh, who this 45yr old New Yorker had never ever heard of)

Whoa, TylerDurden! You almost brought tears to my eyes with that! Every story of condolence and vigils from international strangers has meant more to us than anyone will ever know. Thank you, Mrs. Farris!

~U2Alabama

Thanks for the info about Paul - guestbook is very touching. A good friend of mine lost an aunt, it has been very difficult for her to deal with - it is difficult for all of us to deal with.

------------------
u2achtungbaby.homestead.com

Come on take me away
Come on take me home
Home again

Sad but beautiful as well!

------------------
"Were one but we're not the same... some us like the POP LOOK!" - ME!

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

I wasn't going to look because I didn't want to be sad. But I did go and look. And he had pictures posted of his office, his desk and his view. Something that was once so exciting for him as a new employee, is just so sad to look at. So sad.
I just can't stop crying...

I just want to thank you SO MUCH for sharing that. Wow-I am sitting here like a blubbering idiot.

That truly brings home all of this. I can tell what kind of man he was by what he said on his site about not wanting to post his photo, etc. I saw his college grad. photo.

How unbelievably touching. I'm so grateful you posted it.

That is really sad...

I'm so sorry for all those who lost friends that day... It's still hard for me to believe that my friend we just said good-bye too last weekend is gone...

frown.gif

Shit...I did not even find out about this...

That guy was in my graduating class....I did not know him personally, but I had seen him around campus. He was from Brooklyn. I am from Brooklyn. He went to my college, Binghamton University. He was probably in some of my classes. He worked at our campus radio station.

I am just stunned and deeply, deeply, terribly saddened.

And I want retribution.

AJ

Back
Top Bottom