S.O.S. : Help me to not get screwed out of tickets.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Johnny Swallow

Bad Daddy Johnny
(I would put this in the tour forum but I need replys ASAP)

I just got this email and need to reply to it as soon as possible:

...Due to the popularity of the floor-General Admission area, we are not able to accommodate all the ticket orders for this price range.
You have two options:
1. A refund (we will return your original form of payment)

2. An Upgrade

If you wish to upgrade to the top price tickets, please carefully read and follow the directions below.

a.) You need a certified check or money order for $85 per ticket, made out to:
Propaganda

b.) You must e-mail your reply by Thursday, October 4th @ 6PM Eastern Standard Time. You must state that Chicago is your city of choice.

We are sold out of all General Admission tickets for all cities and dates on this tour.

Best Regards, Propaganda

But what should I do, I already sent them $100 dollars for my GA tickets I wanted to get, do I send in another $85 per ticket or just the extra $35??? Help me, this sucks.

------------------
This post brought to you by: Medea. "And women, though most helpless in doing good deeds, are of every evil the cleverest of contrivers."

AIM: JuanSwallow

Blah Juan.
frown.gif

This sucks!

* waits by her mailbox for bad news.

------------------
props are not people too. ?

Oh and the email came from the address: U2fantx@aol.com . I thought that seemed strange.

???

Wouldn't the email come from a propaganda address? Like 12345@Propaganda.com ?

Johnny if they say to send the $85 do so. You will then be refunded your $100 for GA. Just let them know that you need your change. Its probably easier for them to do it that way rather than trying to total all the remainders.

Does Prop have a phone number to ring?

Originally posted by Johnny Swallow:
Oh and the email came from the address: U2fantx@aol.com . I thought that seemed strange.

???

Wouldn't the email come from a propaganda address? Like 12345@Propaganda.com ?

that is their e-mail! I e-mailed them about my damn form being sent in late.... and they answered quick! It is odd that its @aol.com though!

And about your ticket situation, mand that really sucks!!! I guess it depends on how bad you want those GA!

------------------
"Were one but we're not the same... some us like the POP LOOK!" - ME!

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Damn. That really sucks.
frown.gif

I'd go ahead and send the money order for the $85 dollar seats, I assume they'll have a way of refunding the money order to you.

And they're sold out of all floor GA tickets for all shows this leg? I hope that my ticket order went through before that happened then. *getting worried*

Btw, when did you mail in your order form, Johnny?

The 85 bucks is probly an upgrade to GC seats.

I hope.

mad.gif

Originally posted by Juan Swallow Daddy:
If you wish to upgrade to the top price tickets, please carefully read and follow the directions below.

a.) You need a certified check or money order for $85 per ticket, made out to:
Propaganda

Thats right bitches.

------------------
mad.gif

[This message has been edited by Deathbear's Fly Girl (edited 10-02-2001).]

That does suck! It sounds like you send 85.00 and this will be in addition to the 45.00 for an upgrade to the 130.00 seats.

The aol email address is the address that was on the Propaganda order form.
frown.gif

You could always try your luck for GA at the venue or on Ticket*astard .... I bought a GA for Boston 4, two weeks prior to the show online. Several people that were lined up at the ticket window at Fleet for nights 3 & 4 also were able to get GA tickets right before the doors open. Of course by then it is too late for the heart, but at least it is in the building at a killer price!

Seems to me that the $85 would upgrade you to a GC ticket. Weren't those the two main price listings on the Prop form (GA and GC)? I know they listed $85 in the main heading, but gave no prices for them in the city listings. Anyway, if I were you I would get my $$ back from Prop. If you are going to spend $140 on a ticket, buy from a broker and get a GA instead of spending the same amount and getting a GC. That is what I am doing for night 2 in Chicago.

------------------
Looking for U2 bootlegs?
www.geocities.com/u2trades

Sorry to hear about this--that's why I didn't want to try using prop for my chicago tickets. I got the GA party package instead. While I'm eating steak and drinking black and tans, popwhore will be saving room in the heart for me and my friends!! Let's give 3 cheers to popwhore!

------------------
Goonies never say die!

propaganda is "located" in NY and the ticket orders are being processed and mailed out of PA... perhaps this explains the email difference

Back
Top Bottom