Rush vs. Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

govikesU2

The Fly
(10-12-2005) Rush vs. Bono -- Salon.com*
Rush vs. Bono

Rush Limbaugh seems intent on trying to bring down Bono: On his show on Tuesday, he launched into a long tirade against the new übersexuals, including Bono, and then started claiming that the U2 frontman has a mistress, despite being married for 23 years. When a caller asked how Rush could possibly know this, he said, "You people are just going to have to trust me on this."

--Salon.com

What is everyone's take on this? Other than Rush Limbaugh should go pop some more pills and shut the fuck up.

oh man, for a minute there I thought this thread was gonna be about the canadian progressive rock trio challenging bono to duel......

Here's another quote:

HUGHES: What women really want is the great guy. If you read what the ubermale [sexual?] is really supposed to be, I think Bono fits, because not only is he madly in love with his wife, capable to keep up a commitment, he's passionate about causes. He's outside of himself.

RUSH: He also has a mistress! They conveniently leave that out. That his wife knows about. She's cool with it. I guess that's part of being an ubersexual. Okay, and the final bite, Roker said (interruption). It doesn't (interruption). No, no, no. The ubersexual definition does not include having mistresses. That's the point. Bono snuck one in on them and they don't know about it, or they do and they're ignoring it.

"You people are just going to have to trust me on this."

a.k.a, "I have no proof but just feel like making some uninventive bullshit remark just because I can" :happy:

govikesU2 said:
the U2 frontman has a mistress, despite being married for 23 years. When a caller asked how Rush could possibly know this, he said, "You people are just going to have to trust me on this."

Funny, b/c people have posted the same thing on the guestbook of my website (see sig), and "swear it's true!" but won't offer ANY sort of proof.

yeah....right :rolleyes:

I always delete those posts.

actually Rush is right...i am bono's mistress, but keep that on the down low

Chizip said:
actually Rush is right...i am bono's mistress, but keep that on the down low

I thought I was, however we all know who it really is.................:wink:

AtomicBono said:
what the fuck is an übersexual? someone who is...really...sexual?

Based on the different descriptions and dozens of examples that don't seem to have anything in common (Donald Trump - Jude Law), as far as I can tell, it's just another word for a heterosexual man :shrug:

Uber, in German means over (part of my limited vocabulary, uber die Bruke meaning over the bridge)...
Over sexual...? - Sounds a bit like jealousy... or maybe Rush is just a nutcase.

His mistresses must be Guggi and Gavin...'cos he seems to spend his time with them when he's not with his wife.....

MsGiggles said:
His mistresses must be Guggi and Gavin...'cos he seems to spend his time with them when he's not with his wife.....

He probably saw Bono and Guggi from far away or behind....Guggi with his long blond hair...

Let's face it: Rushmadigga has issues with the fact that Bono is a sexhsay baby at 45 while Rush is..old, balding, tired, and completely repulsive to any female with eyes.
Rush Limbaugh loves to make definitive statements just because they suit whatever purpose he has in mind. And I rather doubt he knows whether Bono has a girl on the side or not.
And my final point? Yes, Bono has a mistress. His career. Just like Rush Limbaugh and a few million other men who work.
Flaming idiot.
Does the idiocy never end?
By the way, didn't this spate of ridiculousness start when some supermodel or other blew a kiss at Bono some years back? With his wife at the show with him? Who didn't seem to mind one iota?
Eesh. Some people just find it hard to believe a rocker can remain faithful.
Besides, if anyone has seen a picture of Bono's wife..I find it hard to believe the man would /want/ to have extras. If I were male, I'd drool. That woman puts all supermodels in the shade.

Devlin said:

Besides, if anyone has seen a picture of Bono's wife..I find it hard to believe the man would /want/ to have extras. If I were male, I'd drool. That woman puts all supermodels in the shade.

:lol:

For those who haven't seen a picture of Ali...

photo1.jpg
2b5d0197.jpg

Re: Re: Rush vs. Bono

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Funny, b/c people have posted the same thing on the guestbook of my website (see sig), and "swear it's true!" but won't offer ANY sort of proof.

I am in Bono's age bracket and divorced so I am certainly not a bright-eyed naif. I would like to believe (and personally still do believe) that Bono doesn't have some honey on the side, but hey, my world is not going to fall apart if it is. A bit disillusioned, yes, I would be, but great men and women have had their personal failings all through history.

That said, WHEN the hell would he work in this supposed dalliance? For god's sake, when Edge is complaining about the pope interrupting them at the studio and Bono jetting down to convo with Condoleeza between sets, when the hell would he find the time for a mistress???

The man would seriously have a heart attack.

PopDaisy

At just about every show some drunken bimbo comes up to me and tells me this story or something very similar:

'Bono what a great guy - and would you know his wife Ali lets him have a woman, my girlfriend that I grew up with grew up in Ireland and she fucked Bono and his wife knew about it but was ok with it etc etc etc but i guess when youve got that much money you don't care anymore blah blah so how about it blah burp belch stank breath etc etc etc'

And the two clinching pieces of info that 'prove' their story: their supposed girlfriends live(d) in Dublin, and that Bono's real name is Paul Hewson.

Get away from me.

A mistress? Someone from PLEBA? ;) Seriously, we here on Interference know every little detail on these guys. There is NO WAY Rush is going to find out something we don't know! He's nuts! When I saw the thread topic, I thought it was going to be about him dissing his charity stuff, not the old mistress crap. Bono loves Ali, there is no evidence of a mistress, honk, go away.

Devlin said:

:up: agree 100%
vile Rush:madspit:

gabrielvox said:
At just about every show some drunken bimbo comes up to me and tells me this story or something very similar:

'Bono what a great guy - and would you know his wife Ali lets him have a woman, my girlfriend that I grew up with grew up in Ireland and she fucked Bono and his wife knew about it but was ok with it etc etc etc but i guess when youve got that much money you don't care anymore blah blah so how about it blah burp belch stank breath etc etc etc'

And the two clinching pieces of info that 'prove' their story: their supposed girlfriends live(d) in Dublin, and that Bono's real name is Paul Hewson.

Get away from me.

It always reminds me of that quote from the movie Spaceballs. The story always comes from someone's "father's brother's nephew's cousin's former room-mate"

which means,

"Absolutely nothing."

(10-12-2005) Rush Retracts Bono Mistress Comments - Interference.com*
Rush Retracts Bono Mistress Comments

Interference reader Wyatt has let us know Rush Limbaugh had this to say, finally, during his broadcast:

"Okay, it's half mea culpa time and half going-to-cover-my-bets-the-other-way time. The person who confided in me long ago about the extramarital status of the rock 'n' roll super crooner Bono has just now sent me a clarifying note saying, "Ah, maybe that was just speculation. I wouldn't say it on the air."

I said, "Well, thanks for telling me this so many years ago -- definitively." But nevertheless I will retract it since I personally don't know it.

Frankly, it's rock 'n' roll. I can't imagine anybody being surprised, but that's compounding my error, and so I take that back,

What a piece of shit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom