Rumoured new album title

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From our friends at u2log.com:
-------------------------------------------

March 08, 2003
New album working title: "The Ordinary Land"?
Well, chalk this up under ?big fat rumour that could be a load of bollocks? ? but we wouldn?t want to keep it from you. From our mailbox - quoted verbatim, grammar-issues and all:

?A friend of mine met Bono in a new york restaurant called ?Caf? des artistes? a week ago. He is such a fan and had the courage of waiting him outside to be with him. Bono was leaving the place with unknow friends and almost running to a car outside. But tell my friend that this record has a provisory title called ?the ordinary land? and the band needs 4 new songs to complete it. He said that the band has been listening old bands such as The Who or The sex Pistols but also the new records of new bands such as coldplay. The last track the band has been working is inspired by coldplay?s Clocks, said Bono.. with a combination of a ?metal piano? (played by BOno, which is strange, i think..) with the ?edge?s mad guitar?? Lyrics are inspired by the Aids campaign. ?

Probably a load of BS.....

.....but U2log.com just posted this article.

New album working title: "The Ordinary Land"?

Well, chalk this up under ?big fat rumour that could be a load of bollocks? ? but we wouldn?t want to keep it from you. From our mailbox - quoted verbatim, grammar-issues and all:

?A friend of mine met Bono in a new york restaurant called ?Caf? des artistes? a week ago. He is such a fan and had the courage of waiting him outside to be with him. Bono was leaving the place with unknow friends and almost running to a car outside. But tell my friend that this record has a provisory title called ?the ordinary land? and the band needs 4 new songs to complete it. He said that the band has been listening old bands such as The Who or The sex Pistols but also the new records of new bands such as coldplay. The last track the band has been working is inspired by coldplay?s Clocks, said Bono.. with a combination of a ?metal piano? (played by BOno, which is strange, i think..) with the ?edge?s mad guitar?? Lyrics are inspired by the Aids campaign. ?

rumours...bah....

oh great, i said "bah"...now i sound like headache!! hehehehe

I have it on good authority that the next album will be called Larrytown.

Dorian Gray said:
Well... I don't imagine "The Joshua Tree" sounded that great either the first time it was announced.

Likewise with Boy, October, War, The Unforgettable Fire, Rattle and Hum, Achtung Baby, Zooropa, POP, or All That You Can't Leave Behind.

The Ordinary Land sounds like some bland, standard issue British act album name. They probably got it from the same guy Travis gets their album names from.

Eh, whatev. I don't expecially like it, but hey, it's better than Bikini or Titanium Soul. ;)

I don't know, maybe the guy misheard him. Maybe Bono actually said: "The Ordinary Band! :sexywink:

Bono might have said The Ovary Gland.. hrmm

Still, none the less, The Ordinary Land sounds about as silly as calling an album The Joshua Tree!

i tend not to beleive album title rumours until i've started to hear release-dates. confirmed release-dates and not rumoured ones, cos even those can get pushed back and even then the album title can be changed

'The Ordinary Land' is about two hundred times better than 'Sound.'

Of course, neither of those will be the title.

U2 Live
from a very small show on their night off during their tour of Australia.....
:)
that would be good.
They keep us guessing don't they?

How about .... Rock On ?

"the ordinary land"

with a title like that, it gives critics a way too easy of a time to say "the ordinary land is exactly as its title indicates - ordinary."

or

"indeed, the new u2 album is anything but ordinary."

i hate journalists, and if i ever see one again im putting a bullet to the back of his head.

Yeah, there are some U2 albums that critics took and ran with.

"BOY, this album sucks!"

"The Unforgettable Fire is a forgettable album."

"Rattle and Hum....you might as well listen to the rattle and hum of a washing machine...it's more entertaining!"

"Pop is nothing but poop!" They left themselves wide open on that one!

"The ordinary land...........more like the ordinary band!"

Achtung Baby, Joshua Tree, Zooropa, All that you can't leave behind.......where are they gonna go with those? NOWHERE!

If they called the album "Fuck you critics", then that would leave the critics in an odd position. HAHA, love it.

The_acrobat said:
All that you can't leave behind.......where are they gonna go with those? NOWHERE!

ummmm:

"All That You Can't Leave Behind is an album that should be left behind." Plus every variation on that. And those critics were right...

mug222 said:

ummmm:

"All That You Can't Leave Behind is an album that should be left behind." Plus every variation on that. And those critics were right...

(shakes first like Homer Simpson)

I'll leave YOU BEHIND!!!! ARGH!! :mad:

:laugh: haha, just kidding. Your opinion is cool with me. I think ATYCLB is amazing in the first half, and the 2nd half drags. Hopefully the next album will kick our asses......especially yours!!! WHY YOU LITTLE!!!! :mad:

i like that ovary gland one that david suggested... hows that for an album name?

better than ordinary land... and yeah.. way to easy for the critics

Back
Top Bottom