Rumored song, "Stop (The Poverty)"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

Edge, play the Walk On riff again!

:lmao: you win.

I see doctorwho has also found some lyrics for the next album...good job doctorwho :wink:

This just in, I've got the lyrics to a new song on the album. No title yet, but it's a rap song.

Yo, yo, check it
B-man in da house
Yeah, yeah
My name is Bono but I ain't got mono
I be rapping about stuff that don't rhyme with ono
I rap about my baby, his head smells free
I rap about my homies, edge and larry
Yo Adam, what happened to you?
I thought you was in this band called U2
But when I started rappin' you walked away
You just jealous I got so much to say
Larry, Edge, man where are you goin'?
Whaddya mean, my rhymes be blowin'?
I didn't get to the part about Africa yet!
Hey, wait, don't turn that off! I'm rec -

that's all I've found so far :wink:

AtomicBono said:

Yo, yo, check it
B-man in da house
Yeah, yeah
My name is Bono but I ain't got mono
I be rapping about stuff that don't rhyme with ono
I rap about my baby, his head smells free
I rap about my homies, edge and larry
Yo Adam, what happened to you?
I thought you was in this band called U2
But when I started rappin' you walked away
You just jealous I got so much to say
Larry, Edge, man where are you goin'?
Whaddya mean, my rhymes be blowin'?
I didn't get to the part about Africa yet!
Hey, wait, don't turn that off! I'm rec -

that's all I've found so far :wink:

Imagining that done in Bono's awful half Irish, half American accent is just too much. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stop the poverty

The weight is heavy
Heavy as a plate
That moves in mysterious ways
Underneath the crust

The gates are open
All we need to do is kneel
Our souls need more soul
To learn how to feel

All we can do is pray together
Cause we need to stay together
Elevate your mind and body
And stop the poverty

Listen to our brothers
Hear the cries of their souls
Grab a private plane and dig some holes
For water

All we can do is pray together
Cause we need to stay together
Elevate your mind and body
And stop the poverty

[guy from Your Eyes walks out on stage]

Ohhhhh weeeee ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh aiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Da da da da da da ollllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Ohhhhhh we oh aiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Nah nah nah nah nah

Stop the poverty

Ohhhhhh we aiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Da da da da dahhhhhh
Oh weee ahhh aiiiiiyeeeeee
Nah nah nah nah nah

This is one of the stupidest threads I have ever seen on interference, the thred starter is so clearly trying to start a rumour by writing a song. :|

jimjam said:
This is one of the stupidest threads I have ever seen on interference, the thred starter is so clearly trying to start a rumour by writing a song. :|

no way dude, all these lyrics are clearly legit.

The weight is heavy, heavy as a plate...:lmao:

AtomicBono said:

no way dude, all these lyrics are clearly legit.

The weight is heavy, heavy as a plate...:lmao:

i think the verse where bono raps about his baby and his homies is clearly a cornerstone in U2's career. we see them embracing a genre radically different from their own and taking it head on. the rhymes are premium material, especially the part that talks about adam's feelings towards the new material, where we first see some intra-band struggles publicly. also, the 'oh poverty, oh poverty' chorus is one catchy SOB. you'll be humming along to it before you even hear the song at all!

i like the new direction the band has taken, and cant wait to hear the new stuff! this is quiessential U2, a band at the top of their game and still kickin it.

all_i_want said:

i think the verse where bono raps about his baby and his homies is clearly a cornerstone in U2's career. we see them embracing a genre radically different from their own and taking it head on. the rhymes are premium material, especially the part that talks about adam's feelings towards the new material, where we first see some intra-band struggles publicly. also, the 'oh poverty, oh poverty' chorus is one catchy SOB. you'll be humming along to it before you even hear the song at all!

i like the new direction the band has taken, and cant wait to hear the new stuff! this is quiessential U2, a band at the top of their game and still kickin it.

:yes: I completely agree, this is U2 being experimental again, and based on lyrics alone I can tell it's going to be grand. Unfortunatley, some people already feel like U2 are straying away from what makes them U2, and wish they would return to the more simple songwriting of HTDAAB and ATYCLB.

I just found the lyrics to U2's next beautiful, tear-jerking ballad. :cute: :bono: :angel:

Start (To Kneel)

I once was a child;
Now I am a man.
I was born Irish,
But I think I'm American.
And I like to talk about Africa,
Plagued by this and that disease.
I decided the goal is soul,
So can we have your money please?

'Cause if you start to kneel (start to kneel)
You'll begin to feel (begin to feel)
Beautiful blessings that heal (blessings that heal)
Wounds from Africa's raw deal (Africa's raw deal)

The night is heavy,
But it's lit by blinding lights.
I'll sing about New York
And the declaration of human rights
But my soul is in Africa.
My soul is elevated but my knees kneel
Because they've forgotten how to stand
And when you kneel, blessings you feel.

One kneeling
One feeling
One soul
One goal

One kneeling
One feeling
One soul
One goal
Africa, Africa, Africa, Africa!

axver, those lyrics are so beautiful :sad: I think my favourite line is "I was born Irish but I think I'm American" because it tells us so much about Bono and his inner emotions and wants. I feel like we're really learning more about Bono than ever before on this record.

I feel so bad for Bono's knees, they can't stand, I think this may be a sign that next tour he won't run around anymore, I only go to U2 shows to see Bono run around so I probably won't go to any more U2 shows because I hate U2.

Axver said:
I just found the lyrics to U2's next beautiful, tear-jerking ballad. :cute: :bono: :angel:

Start (To Kneel)

I once was a child;
Now I am a man.
I was born Irish,
But I think I'm American.
And I like to talk about Africa,
Plagued by this and that disease.
I decided the goal is soul,
So can we have your money please?

The night is heavy,
But it's lit by blinding lights.
I'll sing about New York
And the declaration of human rights
But my soul is in Africa.
My soul is elevated but my knees kneel
Because they've forgotten how to stand
And when you kneel, blessings you feel.

One kneeling
One feeling
One soul
One goal

One kneeling
One feeling
One soul
One goal

:lmao:

This thread is the best! If I could rate it I'd give it 5 stars

Axver: Great job getting the lyrics. But you forgot Bono's scat singing at the end:

Africa...
the desire
the fire
fire in the sky...
to kneel
steal,
oh banana peel

I'm not quite sure if that last line is right. My headphones are a bit off sometimes.

doctorwho said:
Axver: Great job getting the lyrics. But you forgot Bono's scat singing at the end:

Africa...
the desire
the fire
fire in the sky...
to kneel
steal,
oh banana peel

I'm not quite sure if that last line is right. My headphones are a bit off sometimes.

They cut the scat singing out of the single version. :sad:

You mean they've already put out a single of it?

Then that means there are some b-sides right? :hyper:

bono_212 said:
You mean they've already put out a single of it?

Then that means there are some b-sides right? :hyper:

At the moment, this is the planned single.

1. Start (To Kneel)
2. Start (To Remix)
3. Start (To Elevate The Kneeling Remix)

Track #2 is basically Start (To Kneel) with Edge's guitar removed. typhoon will label it the "Fuck Edge Mix" and later pressings of the CD will feature the title Start (To Fuck Edge Mix), causing PLEBA to spontaneously combust and vanish from existence.

Track #3 is double the length of the original. This length is achieved by filling the extra time with an extended take of the scat singing referenced above by doctorwho. Except for a few cases, the only discernible words are 'Africa', 'elevate', 'kneel', and 'banana peel'. When played backwards, the message "Satan commands you to obey this backmask and join the One Campaign" is clearly audible.

Axver said:

1. Start (To Kneel)
2. Start (To Remix)

Track #2 is basically Start (To Kneel) with Edge's guitar removed. typhoon will label it the "Fuck Edge Mix" and later pressings of the CD will feature the title Start (To Fuck Edge Mix), causing PLEBA to spontaneously combust and vanish from existence.

Track #3 is double the length of the original. This length is achieved by filling the extra time with an extended take of the scat singing referenced above by doctorwho. Except for a few cases, the only discernible words are 'Africa', 'elevate', 'kneel', and 'banana peel'. When played backwards, the message "Satan commands you to obey this backmask and join the One Campaign" is clearly audible.

wow...I definently need to get a hold of this....Obviously it playing through twice only makes it even more touching and moving

Axver said:

:lmao: That was great!

Axver said:

1. Start (To Kneel)
2. Start (To Remix)

You're spot on with that info, but you're forgetting that U2 is making different versions of the single for different parts of the world... the single you speak of is only going to be release in Djibouti. I've got the info for the other singles, luckily. Bono told me, but don't tell anyone, he said it was a secret and then he gave me a copy of Mercy. But don't tell anyone that, either.

Here is the planned release for Europe:

1. Start (to Kneel) [Single version]
2. Start (to Kneel) [Hexidecimal 5000 Robots Don't Love Edge As Much As Hairy B Solar Plexus Ladies Mix]
3. Start (to Kneel) [Discotheque Do You Feel Loves Mofo If God Will Send His Angels Staring at the Sun Last Night on Earth Gone Miami The Playboy Mansion If You Wear That Velvet Dress Please Wake Up Dead Man Mix]

#1 is the single version of the song, which runs at a nice 2:03. #2 is an extended dance mix of the song that is approximately 20:06. #3 is the entire Pop album remixed to fit the new standard that is U2's hit Start (To Kneel), which is really what U2 wanted Pop to be all along.

This is the single they're going to release in America:

1. Start (To Kneel) [Radio Edit Single Mix ft. Kanye West, 50 Cent, and T.I.]
2. Start (To Kneel) [1 2 3 14 mix]
3. Vertigo (Save Africa mix)
14. Start (To Kneel) [Teaching Children Math Mix ft. Thom Yorke] (Special Hidden Bonus Track)

The radio version of Start released in America is about 1:06 and features the aformentioned rap superstars. #2 is the music of Start with the lyrics of Vertigo, while #3 is the music of Vertigo with the lyrics of Start. #14 is an educational track teaching young children how to count to 14 in Spanish as well as some basic math operations. This song is destined to become a fan favourite because it features a long-awaited collaboration with Radiohead's Thom Yorke, who explains to children why 2+2=5 by singing 50 pages of Orwell's 1984.

Finally, here's the single release planned for the rest of the world:

1. Start (to Kneel) [Album Version]
2. A Man and a Woman (Typhoon and If You Shout Siren Mix)

#1 is the album version of the song, which has a runtime of 4:38. #2 is Bono singing "A Man and a Woman," but Edge, Larry, and Adam are replaced with a loop of the elusive "siren" track from Zooropa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom