Rumored song, "Stop (The Poverty)"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
cjboog said:

I don't just accept everything they throw out there, I despise Zooropa. My Zooropa CD could snap into a little tiny pieces and I wouldn't care!

:| okay, just don't make a thread in EYKIW talking about this... or people will cut you into little tiny pieces! :wink:

RademR said:
:wink:
ya that's true....and a song called "Love and Peace or Else"

Actually I think Love and Peace or Else is a great title! If it would be just "Love and Peace" then I agree, it would be damn cheesy. But by adding "or Else" it gives a whole new perspective. Very ironical, a little paradoxical in a good way, cool title.

Zootlesque said:

:| okay, just don't make a thread in EYKIW talking about this... or people will cut you into little tiny pieces! :wink:

one of these days...:macdevil:

if you were going to make up a fake song you probably should try to do a better job next time this one really sucks

yea how dare you waste our time on these precious threads. (seriously I don't care. It's fun to discuss ludicrous things)

oh i heard boner say in a recent interview, that he is writing on a new song called 'The Owls Are Not What They Seem' and that The Edge did some heavy monster guitars running amok to that lines. maybe they have another PRFV album* in the pipe. that would be so great. :up: :sexywink:

*Punk Rock From Venus

brau you're an idiot.

i hope there is punk rock from venus album.

the owls are certainly not what they seem, ask J.K.

theu2fly said:
There are a few U2 sites that are saying Bono has started writting a song about the conditions and progress of Africa, I found these lyrics and I don't know if it's true...

For the hearts that bleed
Relief can't come sooner
We're tired of excuses
An answer is all we need

Put an end to it all
Solve and offer a solution
We need unity
We can stop the poverty

Discuss...

No Fucking Way. Period.

EDIT : I shoulda read the rest of the thread and guessed it was a blatant case of bullshit.

lol this reminds me of those fake Miracle Drug lyrics I made up ages ago and managed to convince heaps of people they were real. FOOLS! :wink:

Last edited:
it's possible it's real.

afterall, bono did american prayer.

that was an AWFUL song loaded to the brim with teenage cliches.

nothing really surprises me with u2 anymore, so this wouldn't either.

Zoomerang96 said:
it's possible it's real.

afterall, bono did american prayer.

that was an AWFUL song loaded to the brim with teenage cliches.

nothing really surprises me with u2 anymore, so this wouldn't either.

yeah, but Bono didn't have the rest of the band to stop him for American Prayer :wink:

no way this song is real, and if it is, it ain't gettin past Larry

MrBrau1 said:

I like Edge's signature sound.

Me too. It's glorious and sends a little chill down my spine everytime I hear it take off. Maybe one day Edge will soar over a stunning rhythm section centred song which has had it's knobs twiddled by both Lillywhite & RJD2, and is not afraid to take advantage of absolutely every talent and tool the greater U2 machine has at their disposal, if it so fits the needs, purpose and inspiration of the song. It will sound like everything U2 have done before, but nothing like anything they have ever done before, and not quite like anything you and I have ever heard before, but it will definitely feel like an old friend. You and I Brau will hug.

i just found more lyrics to it:

look at this child
his stomach so empty
let's make him something mild
like peanut butter and jelly

mikal said:
i just found more lyrics to it:

look at this child
his stomach so empty
let's make him something mild
like peanut butter and jelly

That's not a U2 song.

That's a poem Sally Struthers read during one of those "Save The Children" tv commercials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom