Rumored new compilation album due out this year!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
from u2log.com

We are told the following information comes from Universal Brazil, from their release list for fall/winter 2003. File under speculation?

The Rest of 1980-2000

01 ? OUT OF CONTROL
02 ? TOMORROW
03 ? FIRE (NEW MIX)
04 ? WIRE
05 ? A SORT OF HOMECOMING
06 ? IN GODS COUNTRY
07 ? EXIT
08 ? HEARTLAND
09 ? GOD PART II
10 ? ACROBAT (NEW MIX)
11 ? LOVE IS BLINDNESS
12 ? YOUR BLUE ROOM
13 ? PLEASE
14 ? WAKE UP DEAD MAN (NEW MIX)
15 ? KITE
16 ? NEW YORK

Interference posted this story first today :) Please remember to check the U2news forum, or watch the scroll :)

The 3 album Best Of contract is a reality. Now that their with Interscope - wasn?t it their farewell-parting gift / fulfilling any outstanding record contract obligations to Island Records? I?ve always thought that the next one would be the Best of 2000 ? 2010. Or the third one would be a Best of Live U2. Yet - if they went ahead with this project there?s a lot of great material to work with!

Out of Control
Electric Co.
11 O?Clock Tick Tock
Gloria
Tomorrow
Two Hearts Beat As One
A Sort Of Homecoming
Running To Stand Still
One Tree Hill or In God?s Country
Heartland
God Part ll (new version?)
The Fly
Zooropa (radio edit)
Lemon
MOFO (new version?)
Please
Elevation
Walk On
New Song?

There's no way those songs in their entirity would make the cut....

It would be more like,

1) Out of Control
2) Gloria
3) Two Hearts Beat As One
4) MLK
5) Running to Stand Still
6) Bullet the Blue Sky
7) One Tree Hill
8) Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
9) Lemon
10) Please
11) Mofo
12) Walk On
13) Elevation

But we all know that would make a horrible compliation, so my guess is that there isn't a plan for a comprehensive 1980-2000 rest of the best package. It would be too uneven and loopy.

However, if their contract required a third Best of album I believe they'd opt for a Live: Greatest Hits, similar, yet more widespread to "Hasta La Vista: Live from Mexico City". It would be a fitting double album, full of their greatest hits, and a must have for all hardcore U2 fans.

AchtungJedi said:
Stop. Making. New. Mixes. Of. Good. Songs.
:yes:

have they forgotten their own words? "you glorify the past when the future dries up." no i'm not saying they're running out of ideas, but i'm saying they should focus more on making NEW songs, not new mixes of old songs. they've yet to make a good one (i'm going all the way back to the sweetest thing here) and i just wish they'd stop trying to be a U2 cover band. this album keeps getting delayed, and i'm sure that they keep making new mixes doesn't help.

KhanadaRhodes said:

:yes:

have they forgotten their own words? "you glorify the past when the future dries up." no i'm not saying they're running out of ideas, but i'm saying they should focus more on making NEW songs, not new mixes of old songs. they've yet to make a good one (i'm going all the way back to the sweetest thing here) and i just wish they'd stop trying to be a U2 cover band. this album keeps getting delayed, and i'm sure that they keep making new mixes doesn't help.

Nicely put. :up:

I wish they'd glorify the past further with a ZooTV Sydney DVD complete with more bells and whistles than we could ever imagine.

As long as they're procrastinating on the new record and all. :mac:

Back
Top Bottom