rumored "Boy" remaster tracklist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

veber

The Fly
atu2 are posting the following rumored tracklist
for the remastered "Boy."

CD1
1. I Will Follow (remastered)
2. Twilight (remastered)
3. An Cat Dubh (remastered)
4. Into The Heart (remastered)
5. Out Of Control (remastered)
6. Stories For Boys (remastered)
7. The Ocean (remastered)
8. A Day Without Me (remastered)
9. Another Time Another Place (remastered)
10. The Electric Co. (remastered)
11.Shadows And Tall Tress (remastered)

CD2
1. I Will Follow (previously unreleased mix)
2. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock (remastered)
3. Touch (remastered)
4. Speed Of Life
5. Saturday Night
6. Things To Make And Do (remastered)
7. Out Of Control (single version - remastered)
8. Boy/Girl (remastered)
9. Stories For Boys (single version - remastered)
10. Another Day (remastered)
11. Twilight (single version - remastered)
12. Boy/Girl Live at The Marquee, London - (remastered)
13. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock (Live at The Marquee, London)
14. Cartoon World (Live at The National Stadium, Dublin)

It will be hilarious if "Saturday Night" is a Bay City Rollers cover. I think they used to play it.

That looks like an interesting tracklist for the second disc. It includes the U2:Three, Another Day and 11 O'Clock Tick Tock singles (including the B-sides). Also the B-sides of the A Day Without Me and I Will Follow singles (Things To Make And Do and Boy/Girl live) are there.
The previously (officially) unreleased tracks are:
- I Will Follow (previously unreleased mix)
- Speed Of Life
- Saturday Night
- 11 O'Clock Tick Tock (Live at The Marquee, London)
- Cartoon World (Live at The National Stadium, Dublin)

And yes, some of their studio demo's are missing, including Street Missions. So if this tracklist is true, it's a very good set, but it won't be complete.
Still... :drool:

Maybe Street Missions is Saturday Night

Since they've already released Street Mission as Street Mission in the iTunes Complete U2 thing, somehow I don't think it has suddenly become Saturday Night.

I hope this rumoured tracklist isn't true, because if it is, it's pretty weak and insubstantial, really. There are at least 15-20 unreleased pre-Boy songs, and it would be a travesty if Lost On A Silent Planet and The Dream Is Over are not on there. Especially if they've gone to the effort of remastering the dreadful Twilight demo! The Dream Is Over was recorded as Another Day's b-side and replaced at a later stage by Twilight in quite possibly the most baffling decision in U2 history. False Prophet and Lost On A Silent Planet come from the same session as that early version of Twilight and are markedly superior.

I'm still excited about this, don't get me wrong. But this tracklist, if true, barely scrapes the surface of what's there and could be used. I can understand why they wouldn't want to use the very earliest demos from April 1978, as things like Tonight and Inside Out are terrible, but the February 1979 demos and The Dream Is Over deserve a release, and it'd be nice to officially have the November 1978 demos (Street Mission, The Fool, SATT demo) in CD quality rather than MP3.

atu2 are posting the following rumored tracklist
for the remastered "Boy."

CD1
1. I Will Follow (remastered)
2. Twilight (remastered)
3. An Cat Dubh (remastered)
4. Into The Heart (remastered)
5. Out Of Control (remastered)
6. Stories For Boys (remastered)
7. The Ocean (remastered)
8. A Day Without Me (remastered)
9. Another Time Another Place (remastered)
10. The Electric Co. (remastered)
11.Shadows And Tall Tress (remastered)

CD2
1. I Will Follow (previously unreleased mix)
2. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock (remastered)
3. Touch (remastered)
4. Speed Of Life
5. Saturday Night
6. Things To Make And Do (remastered)
7. Out Of Control (single version - remastered)
8. Boy/Girl (remastered)
9. Stories For Boys (single version - remastered)
10. Another Day (remastered)
11. Twilight (single version - remastered)
12. Boy/Girl Live at The Marquee, London - (remastered)
13. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock (Live at The Marquee, London)
14. Cartoon World (Live at The National Stadium, Dublin)

The first was given here: U2Anothertimeanotherplace - U2 Another time, another place: like a song

:wave:

If Street Mission isn't on here it will be a travesty :tsk:

I know, because if its not on the disc you suddenly will never be able to listen to it ever again. ;)

The track list is about what I would expect. I'm looking forward to remastering of the early singles and B sides. I hope the October disc has A Celebration on it remastered. If so, then the early tracks I like are pretty much covered.

hey, really good tracklist if it's real but how come they're not putting them in chronological order like the B-sides were on The Joshua Tree? Wouldn't mind hearing Street Mission on there too since Beautiful Ghost ended up on The Joshua Tree after being released on the iTunes set.

Since they've already released Street Mission as Street Mission in the iTunes Complete U2 thing, somehow I don't think it has suddenly become Saturday Night.

I hope this rumoured tracklist isn't true, because if it is, it's pretty weak and insubstantial, really. There are at least 15-20 unreleased pre-Boy songs, and it would be a travesty if Lost On A Silent Planet and The Dream Is Over are not on there. Especially if they've gone to the effort of remastering the dreadful Twilight demo! The Dream Is Over was recorded as Another Day's b-side and replaced at a later stage by Twilight in quite possibly the most baffling decision in U2 history. False Prophet and Lost On A Silent Planet come from the same session as that early version of Twilight and are markedly superior.

I'm still excited about this, don't get me wrong. But this tracklist, if true, barely scrapes the surface of what's there and could be used. I can understand why they wouldn't want to use the very earliest demos from April 1978, as things like Tonight and Inside Out are terrible, but the February 1979 demos and The Dream Is Over deserve a release, and it'd be nice to officially have the November 1978 demos (Street Mission, The Fool, SATT demo) in CD quality rather than MP3.

Perhaps they spread out some of the material for the "October" second disk. I can't imagine there was a lot of extra material for those frayed sessions.

I know, because if its not on the disc you suddenly will never be able to listen to it ever again. ;)

The track list is about what I would expect. I'm looking forward to remastering of the early singles and B sides. I hope the October disc has A Celebration on it remastered. If so, then the early tracks I like are pretty much covered.

I tsk to denote sarcasm. But I will miss the song not being on there.

I feel like a remastered special edition should include the ORIGINAL cover, but :sigh: oh well.

you mean you don't want to hear TWILIGHT TWILIGHT TWILIGHT TWILIGHT TWILIGHT TWILIGHT TWILIGHT TWILIGHT TWILIGHT TWILIGHT TWILIGHT TWILIGHT TWILIGHT TWILIGHT TWILIGHT TWILIGHT :wink:

:lol:

This is why the version that appeared on "Boy" is masterful, because if you ever heard this version of 'Twilight' you knew anything had to be better than that version...:yes:

Back
Top Bottom