rumor: u2 filming movie special!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blindinglights

War Child
check out u2star.com, there's talk of u2 doing some kind of filming tomorrow in dublin involving a choir etc etc. hope it's true!

That would be more reasonable. But I don't want to hear anything but Bono when he reaches the 'when I siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing" part

I know, but SOJ suggested it may be part of a single mix. I think this song is entirely too personal for a choir. I can see it almost beginning like the Bone Thugs n' Harmony video "Crossroad" in the church at the funeral. (That was a sad video. Basically following the angel of death as it took their closest friends and family, but then ended with a big mountain-top send-off as they ascended to heaven). While I doubt it'd be that highly conceptual, it'd be a nice gesture. Either way, I don't want extra voices on the song itself

i didn't like the choir in 'i still haven't found what i'm looking for', and i would hate it even more if they put a choir in 'sometimes'. well, any song ever again, actually.

There was something on U2.com today about there being a filming December 13th. The poster on U2.com said it was in the newspaper there in Ireland?

Whatever it is/IF it is--I just hope I get to see it! :wink:

SYCMIOYO with choir: HORRIBLE IDEA.

It would make it so grandoise and cheeseball. It's a personal song about Bono's dad, not about Jesus, like ISTHWILF.

If they're doing a single mix, they wouldn't bring in a choir. That's not the kind of thing that would do well on commercial radio.

The Sunday World newspaper from Dublin had the original blurb about it which U2star.com picked up :

http://www.u2star.com/news/

If there are any of our friends in the Dublin area who can report back to us on what they find out tomorrow regarding this filming, that would be GREAT! :wink:

And let's not go overboard - we don't know what songs U2 are going to be singing tomorrow and for what purpose.

And if they choose to sing with a Gospel choir, I say MORE POWER TO U2! :up:

They can do what they want with their own songs and I will be satisfied.

Let's just relax and enjoy U2 - they know what is best for their music.

I WILL FOLLOW....:hug:

Or Maybe.....They're filming the new video for Yahweh!! They'll probably film in a church and have a backup choir!!!

Or it could just be a Christmas song for some special...

:shrug:

We definitely need some onsite reporting though! :wink:

Miroslava said:
Or it could just be a Christmas song for some special...

:shrug:

We definitely need some onsite reporting though! :wink:

Miroslava - do it! You know you wanna:wink:
we need new pictures

A choir performance of Sometimes could be a great thing. The Bono & Edge performance of One from the 46664 concert in South Africa last year featured a choir and was pretty good.

Miggy D said:
SYCMIOYO with choir: HORRIBLE IDEA.

It would make it so grandoise and cheeseball. It's a personal song about Bono's dad, not about Jesus, like ISTHWILF.

This is the reason I don't like Bono's latest habit of explaining his new lyrics. It creates the false impression that there's only "one" interpretation of a song, when I'm *sure* that if Bono were asked if a song can have more than one meaning, he'd readily agree.

And, even though we hardcore/psycho online U2 fans know the reasons behind SYCMIOYO, not everyone else in the world does. So, while a version of this song with a choir might seem cheesy to some of us, it wouldn't sound that way to the millions who don't know.

I preferred Bono's more cryptic explanations (or lack thereof) of his lyrics from the old days. It left more work up to the listener, which was cool.

Back
Top Bottom