RUMOR: U.S. Mini-Tour - February, 2002 (College Arenas)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by ~LadyLemon~:
Yes, I'm not too far from Michigan...only 45 minutes from Ann Arbor!

I'm in Michigan too. Anyone wanna start a U2 Michigan club?
wink.gif

Hahahah.. muther fuckers.. rumor or not.. We all know that my School has already had a nice home front concert.. What better.. THE Irish Band at the Holiest and Most Irish place on Earth.. outside of Ireland that is!

CHeers and Go ND!

L. Unplugged

Originally posted by spanisheyes:
I know that this is just a rumor, but is it a good idea? I, for one, think that whenever U2 plays live anywhere it is a great idea, but what do the rest of you think?

I think these shows will be just as successful as the handful of club gigs that were supposed to be in early-mid December. (Remember, the crew were told not to make plans to go home until December 18th or so?) Plus, I think as a whole college arenas are crappy places to hear a show (although wouldn't mind SEEING the band in one) So I too tend to doubt the legitimacy of this statement. What would be the point, it's not like the band can't afford to fly home and back again in 3 weeks' time.

Amy

Originally posted by HeartlandGirl:
*spoken with blind faith and hope*

The University of Oklahoma is ready and willing! I saw a Tori Amos concert at the Lloyd Noble Center and the acoustics were just fine. We'd love to have the band stop by. They can stay at my house if they need a place to hang out.
wink.gif

HG--you're a Tori Amos fan? I LOVE her! Did you see the Fall 2001 tour? I missed the show I had tickets for due to my best friend's death a few days before. He turned me onto Tori and I couldn't bear to see her again without him.

Anyway, I really hope the rumours are true--I just can't get too excited about another stadium tour and to have the opportunity to see U2 again in a small arena would be heaven.

I can't believe I didn't see this 'til now!
OH MY! What do I think? I am doing cartwheels while screaming at the top of my lungs, WOW!
This would be amazing, U2 again!?! HERE? In just a few weeks....?
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Salome:
I also heard the rumour that the new U2 album will be more like POP and because of the disappointing POP sales will not be released in the U.S.

apparently people who will try to import it will be fined severely

This really made me laugh for some reason...

Haven't they already played the U.S. quite a lot on this tour??

I would be delighted if they came near where I live again (Vancouver would be the closest, but U.S. Northwest would work too most likely) but really, Australia deserves to see them, maybe some more dates in Europe and other places too...if they took the mega-expensive Popmart show all over the place, why not this one?

------------------
Love was never a single emotion

-ACROB@T

Originally posted by UCLAforU2:
C'mon, if they play anywhere in LA, it better be Pauley Pavillion here at UCLA!

biggrin.gif

Make you a deal UCLA, if they go there you help me get a ticket, if the come here (USC) I'll help you get a ticket. So do you think we can put our differences aside?

------------------
Long live the lemon!!!

I would prefer to see them take some time out to do the new album, I really think they should work at making the next one another corker, otherwise the momentum gained with ATYKLB will have been lost. They need to keep upping it to another level, the next album has to be good.

ben.scot

Originally posted by spanisheyes:
A source working at a well-known U.S. university tells U2tours.com that Clear Channel Entertainment is in negotiations for U2 to play a series of live concerts in the U.S. in February. We're told the plans are for about 12 shows across the country at college arenas, with dates planned in between the Super Bowl performance on Feb. 3rd and the Grammy Awards on Feb. 27th.

I know that this is just a rumor, but is it a good idea? I, for one, think that whenever U2 plays live anywhere it is a great idea, but what do the rest of you think?

Chris

[This message has been edited by spanisheyes (edited 01-25-2002).]

Well I;m not from the USA.....but I'd like to see them do it for reasons other than the fans.....
With teh Elevation tour, U2 only had to do an extra 3-7 concerts (depending on how large teh venue) to have the highest grossing tour in Nth America of ALL TIME! That's larger than teh Rolling Stones tour of 94/95/96....and this was done in ONE year.
Oh well, we shall see.
But personally I think you guys have had more than your fair share of u2 and now you're hoping to have even more.
But I'm just being bitter.
I'm not against you, I'm jsut a little envious that you got so much of U2 and we got none
frown.gif

I'M STILL FOR U2 TO TOUR THE USA AGAIN THOUGH.
Mixed message don't you think?
Bless ya!
WHYWHY

Well I;m not from the USA.....but I'd like to see them do it for reasons other than the fans.....
With teh Elevation tour, U2 only had to do an extra 3-7 concerts (depending on how large teh venue) to have the highest grossing tour in Nth America of ALL TIME! That's larger than teh Rolling Stones tour of 94/95/96....and this was done in ONE year.
Oh well, we shall see.
But personally I think you guys have had more than your fair share of u2 and now you're hoping to have even more.
I'm not against you, I'm jsut a little envious that you got so much of U2 and we got none
frown.gif

Bless ya!
WHYWHY

no no no! if they come to LA they have to come to Biola University. Sure, we are small, but we love u2 and Bono himself is an honorary member of our Johnny Cash club. Our school's got u2 connections, let me tell you...

alison

------------------
It doesn't matter what songs we sing. I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me. - Larry

Well, they have to have something to do from the 3rd through the 27th. I've heard reports that they will be in Salt Lake for at least part of the Olympics. The University of Utah will not be on their tour itinerary, though, because it's in the "security corridor" and will be basically shut down for the month
frown.gif

The Olympic organizers are trying to get U2 to play at the Olympics Medals plaza in February. They are having mostly big named artists playing each nights after the Medals are presented. Word is U2 will be in town anyway for "a private party" so the organizers are trying to get them for one nigh. The only night with the band TBA is Feb 10 so we shall see.

The only way to get tickets to any of the concerts is through scalpers on Ebay. 80% of the tickets were not available to the general public and the 20% that were were given away free with a lottory system. So anything people get on Ebay is pure profit.

Originally posted by WHYWHY:
Oh well, we shall see.
frown.gif

Bless ya!
WHYWHY

Hahah.. Did we Americans ever say we were guilty of overindulgence.. Just the other day, I went to a steak restaurant with some friends et al, and we all ended up ordering 40 oz prime Ribs... only in America.. Only in America.

BOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Clear-Channel has just denied the rumors. Oh well it was fun while it lasted. Besides it's true, the U.S. is spoiled, give the other countries a chance. I've been saying this since the 3rd leg was announced, but at the same time I'm not their tour manager and if they feel like stopping by again, hey I welcome them with open arms.

------------------
Long live the lemon!!!

U2Tours.com says:
"January 28, 2002: A spokesperson for Interscope Records has denied the rumor from three days ago that Clear Channel Entertainment is negotiating for U2 to play a series of shows at college arenas across the U.S. next month."

Dammit FizzingWhizzbees!! I was just going to post that, but you beat me to it. BLARG!

On a side note, this development makes kari somewhat happy because it will save her money.
smile.gif

my rumor hasn't been denied yet

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Originally posted by Salome:
I also heard the rumour that the new U2 album will be more like POP and because of the disappointing POP sales will not be released in the U.S.

apparently people who will try to import it will be fined severely

Bono said the new album is gonna be punk.
And my sources tell me the new album will be sold only at Target, so you better be nice to me.
tongue.gif

Originally posted by FizzingWhizzbees:
U2Tours.com says:
"January 28, 2002: A spokesperson for Interscope Records has denied the rumor from three days ago that Clear Channel Entertainment is negotiating for U2 to play a series of shows at college arenas across the U.S. next month."

yay, hopefully they will try to stay focused on recording the new album. Really, we dont need another tour right now, we need more NEW U2 music! Isn't that ultimately the greater good, especially for Americans who have seen so much of U2 in the last year, I'd rather have a new album, and the sooner the better!

Back
Top Bottom