Rumor has it that all of U2 might be at the Concert for NY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2utah

The Fly
I sure hope the coworker who is supposed to tape it for me remembers!

Source: Launch

LAUNCH has obtained a tentative song list for the Concert For New York City, the all-star benefit show that takes place at Madison Square Garden tomorrow (October 20). The tentative list includes a few surprises--the four members of U2 will all be on hand, not just Bono and the Edge, as had been advertised; and there will be several unannounced duets, with U2 joining Destiny's Child, and Billy Joel performing with Elton John, apart from all their individual performances.

Other notable news from the rundown sheet is that the Who has the longest individual set, with four songs, while Paul McCartney will be on stage for five songs--his own three-song set, as well as the two scheduled encores.

The song list includes (subject to change):

David Bowie: "This Is Not America" and "Heroes"

Bon Jovi: "It's My Life" and "Keep The Faith" (with a choir from Harlem)

U2: "Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of"

The Goo Goo Dolls: "American Girl" and "Iris"

Billy Joel: "New York State Of Mind" and "Miami 2017"

Destiny's Child: an unannounced gospel song, "Emotion," and "What's Going On" with U2

Eric Clapton: "Hoochie Coochie Man" and "Crossroads"

Backstreet Boys: a medley and a second unannounced song

Marc Anthony: "You Sang To Me"

Melissa Etheridge: "Come To My Window" and "Born To Run"

The Who: "Behind Blue Eyes," "Who Are You," "Baba O'Riley," and "Won't Get Fooled Again"

Mick Jagger: "Salt Of The Earth" and "Miss You"

Macy Gray: "Help From My Friends"

James Taylor: "Fire And Rain" and "Up On The Roof"

Jay-Z: "Izzo (H.O.V.A.)"

John Mellencamp "Peaceful World" and "Pink Houses"

Five For Fighting: "Superman"

Elton John: "I Want Love"

Elton John & Billy Joel: TBA

Janet Jackson: TBA (via video)

Paul McCartney: "I'm Down," and the new songs "Lonely Road" and "From A Lover To A Friend"

First Encore: "Yesterday"

Second Encore: "Let It Be"

-- LAUNCH Staff, New York

My friends always make fun of me and U2 when they team up with pop crap like Destiny's Child. U2 by themselves is the way it should be, Larry should drop the gauntlet on who they team up with!!!!

[This message has been edited by bu2iful (edited 10-19-2001).]

Originally posted by bu2iful:
My friends always make fun of me and U2 when they team up with pop crap like Destiny's Child. U2 by themselves is the way it should be, Larry should drop the gauntlet on who they team up with!!!!

Oh come on! Like you wouldn't do Beyonce!

------------------
"I'm gonna start a day care!"-Bono

This is driving me crazy!!! WHAT is this concert? Who's putting it together? WILL IT BE ON REGULAR TV (not cable)??? Will it be booted up to the web somewhere??? Ack!!
eek.gif

So ALL of U2 will be there???
biggrin.gif

Tell me tell meeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

gotta know Disco

Jay-Z?!?!?!?!? W. T. F. is that?!?!?!
mad.gif

------------------
I couldn't take it anymore so I went back to the sea...'cus that's where fishes go when fishes get the sense to flee...

Originally posted by bu2iful:

I seriously have to believe Larry covers his face in embarrasment whenever things like this happen-Destiny's Child?!
tongue.gif
Only Bono has come out to say that he likes them (*cough-Beyonce-cough*)...I think if all 4 members were to have a say in collaborations we'd see a lot of cooler stuff than this kissy-up to the popstars crap that we're seeing now.

*folds arms, gets pissy look on face*

btw, it'll be cool if all of U2 were there tomorrow.
smile.gif

------------------
Proud Owner of Larry's Stick!!!

~*April*~

*~The Official POP_Whore of Interference~*

(AIM-POPLemonGirl)

Glad to see the Who performing so many songs, proving once again that Saturday Night's Alright.
smile.gif

I'm also glad to see so many relevant songs on the probably set list: "Stuck", "Heroes", and Jay-Z's "Izzo (H.O.V.A)".

SERIOUSLY, can ANYONE explain what "Izzo" is about?

------------------
- Achtung Bubba

I believe in truth, beauty, freedom, and -- above all things -- love.

I demand to see Larry in a G-string, doing a 2 hour drum solo.

I expect nothing but the best from my boys!

------------------
Proud owner of Larry's Drumstick!

Still Elevated...

Yep, just the thought makes me smile (huge smile), hehehehe.

biggrin.gif

------------------
Proud owner of Larry's Drumstick!

Still Elevated...

I thought they were performing with David Bowie...?! What's all this now about Destinys child?? *in chock*

jezebel, you're going to be 3 hrs. early.
smile.gif
It's airing at 7pm Pacific time. Er, um, unless you have satellite or something.

[This message has been edited by pub crawler (edited 10-20-2001).]

Originally posted by pub crawler:
jezebel, you're going to be 3 hrs. early.
smile.gif
It's airing at 7pm Pacific time. Er, um, unless you have satellite or something.

[This message has been edited by pub crawler (edited 10-20-2001).]

hahaha pub crawler! Yes, I DO have a satellite (satellite of love) Everything I get on the VH-1 feed is Eastern Time!!

So there! Want me to post anything early??

*puts his tail between his legs* Heheh.. wish I had satellite.
wink.gif

Hmmm, I'm debating as to whether I should look at any "spoiler" threads prior to the show (I always have looked in the past). I'd post if I were you. There will undoubtedly be folks who want a real time account of what is going on.

I'm excited to see U2 team up with Destiny's Child... A duet with David Bowie would be interesting too but I would prefer Destiny's Child just b/c the strangeness of it all is just so much more interesting. Beyonce also has a nice voice too.

What I'm surprised at is the possibility that U2, which is considered up there with the Who, the Stones, etc. in terms of relevance is actually only singing one of their own songs. I mean its great that the Who get to sing 4 songs, but I thought U2 could at least have a more prominent showing, but then its not their show and i guess I'm getting to political in terms of show issues. Don't want U2 to go Don Henley on McCartney. Oh well.

------------------
~ "You can't resist her. She's in your bones. She is your marrow and your ride home. You can't avoid her. She's in the air; in between molecules of oxygen and carbon dioxide." ~ RC

Does anybody know if there will a webcast of the concert?
If so, would you mind posting the link here, so that the outsiders like me will be able to see it?
Thanks

Originally posted by follower:
Does anybody know if there will a webcast of the concert?
If so, would you mind posting the link here, so that the outsiders like me will be able to see it?
Thanks

follower!!!! They just said on the Vh-1 preshow that the concert will be webcast on Vh-1's website and also on AOL. No commercials either!!!! YAY!

They also haven't mentioned anything about U2, Bono, Edge, etc. though. Hmmmm. Making me slightly nervous in light of those rumors that Bono might not be able to make it.

Originally posted by Mirrorball Girl:
They also haven't mentioned anything about U2, Bono, Edge, etc. though. Hmmmm. Making me slightly nervous in light of those rumors that Bono might not be able to make it.

But Bono & Edge were just mentioned in the list of musical guests just before they cut away to commercials.

"plus special guests" ????????

Originally posted by jezebel:
follower!!!! They just said on the Vh-1 preshow that the concert will be webcast on Vh-1's website and also on AOL.

Thank you jezebel! You made my day
smile.gif
Just checked AOL Brasil website, the webcast begins at 9 pm here
smile.gif

------------------
Seu pa?s ? lindo. Seu povo ? lindo. Suas vozes s?o lindas. N?o esqueceremos voc?s. - Bono - S?o Paulo - 01/31/1998

Back
Top Bottom