Rumor: Best of 1980-2000 DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kariatari

War Child
I found this rumor at atu2.com:

Two sources which we consider reliable have shared the rumor that U2 is planning to release the next "Best Of" compilation during the 2002 calendar year. One source reported the compilation would be released in the first half of the year; the other reported it would be out in the second half of the year. UPDATE: This release is now rumored for November 19, 2002. In addition, it's rumored that U2.com will allow fans the chance to vote this summer for favorite A-sides and B-sides. UPDATE #2: As if that's enough, also rumored for release in late 2002 is U2: The Complete Music Videos 1980-2000 on both VHS and DVD.

How feckin' cool would that be?!
cool.gif

I hope that these predictions/rumours come true..... It's going to be a wild Christmas!!!.... I've convinced my wife that we should get a big screen TV and she's agreed.... It's going to be like having U2 perform at my house!

------------------
Music is Bombastic!
Visit: www.bombasity.com
i am CANADIAN

Every single U2 video ever made all on one DVD? I think I'm in love all over again!

That and voting for the best of stuff......SWEET!!!!

------------------
You Elevate My Soul!

Originally posted by Edgeman:
Every single U2 video ever made all on one DVD? I think I'm in love all over again!

That and voting for the best of stuff......SWEET!!!!

Minus the Red Hill Mining Town video.

Anyway, yeah..
biggrin.gif
This sounds great! I hope they do it.

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Popheart.org

that would be great especially if they honestly put on the dvd every video that was released to mtv and other music video stations. there are a lot of freakin U2 videos, ones that probably haven't been seen in years.

i wonder if they would put the live in australia versions of God Part II and All Along The Watchtower from the Lovetown Tour on it.

if... they... do... release... this...

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Originally posted by wertsie:
Wait...There's a Red Hill Mining Town video???!!!

Yeah, sort of....

The video exists but is locked in the vaults of the band and MTV. If I am not mistaken, a rough version was aired on MTV in 87 and has never been seen again. It was supposed to be the 2nd single from The Joshua tree but because Bono could not hit the high notes live it was scrapped. The video was filmed by neil jordan. This is all I know. If something is wrong, please correct me.

Peace.

------------------
Peace on Earth.

[This message has been edited by pop_mofo (edited 04-30-2002).]

Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes:
nope, everything you said is right! (at least as far as i know...)
biggrin.gif

Thanks. I wasn't 100% sure.

Peace.

------------------
Peace on Earth.

If they do a complete video collection, they should include the red hill video. I mean, we all know that Bono can't hit the high one's anymore so why keep it locked up. That would make the package.

"Every video ever made for U2......including the ULTRA RARE Red Hill Mining Town video never before seen ANYWHERE!"

Now that would sell copies
smile.gif

------------------
You Elevate My Soul!

HALLELUIA! I agree!!! What a great Christmas this will be...hopefully lots earlier!

Originally posted by Hallelujah Here She Comes:
That would be SO feckin' cool. If this AND the Slane DVD come out, I will just be beside myself with joy. God, I hope this is true.

this rumour has the overwhelming quality of sweetness.

were this alleed release to be accompanied by the popmart and zootv shows on dvd, the sweetness would send me up a tree.

That would be awesome!

------------------
Pink elephants and lemonade.
Dear Jessie, hear the laughter running through the love parade.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers: Emily's Wallpapers

Originally posted by Busiu:
I hope that these predictions/rumours come true..... It's going to be a wild Christmas!!!.... I've convinced my wife that we should get a big screen TV and she's agreed.... It's going to be like having U2 perform at my house!

Yes yes! You must do it! And while you're at it, get one of those Dolby 6.1 amplifiers too! My parents have that, so everytime I go back home, I take my Boston DVD along cuz it absolutel ROCKS when you play it on that kind of a system. My dad has more fun playing with it than I do, and he's not even a huge U2 fan!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by pop_mofo:
Yeah, sort of....

The video exists but is locked in the vaults of the band and MTV. If I am not mistaken, a rough version was aired on MTV in 87 and has never been seen again. It was supposed to be the 2nd single from The Joshua tree but because Bono could not hit the high notes live it was scrapped. The video was filmed by neil jordan. This is all I know. If something is wrong, please correct me.

Peace.

Rats! No wonder I haven't seen it. We didn't get MTV until the early 90s!

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

Originally posted by pop_mofo:

The video exists but is locked in the vaults of the band and MTV. If I am not mistaken, a rough version was aired on MTV in 87 and has never been seen again.

Wait, so it's possible that someone, say, taped this off of TV when it aired and thus it is possible that a copy of it actually exists? Has there ever been any word of this?

And they should SO include this on the DVD (if they release one). It could be an Easter Egg or some such thing.
smile.gif

Not to rain on anyone's parade....BUT

this is still a rumor

some of you act like it's gonna happen, no ifs ands or buts.

When christmas comes by, and there is no dvd(slane or video collection), don't be crying bloody murder.

I used to get all giddy for rumors, but too many times they turned out to be false. If this thing turns out to be true, then I'll have something to cheer about.

I just don't want to get my hopes up.

I'm not getting my hopes up. I think it would be cool (and probable, for that matter!). So many TV shows are being released on DVD nowadays, why not music videos?

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

I totally agree, it is just a rumor right now, but it would be sweet as hell if it happened.

Right now I'm fine with my Boston DVD.....gotta love that thing.

------------------
You Elevate My Soul!

A lot of bands are kind enough to their fans to release all their videos on VHS and whatever. NIN come to mind as well as The Smashing Pumpkins.

So U2 would eventually.

I don't see the problem, hell they'd probably make a lot of money off it.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

if all these DVDs get released... I think I will probably drop out of college spring semester and spend it locked in my basement making stills.
Uh-oh.
wink.gif

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
Success is not about how much money you have, the size of your house, or who you know. It's all about how cool your pants are.

Originally posted by david:
A lot of bands are kind enough to their fans to release all their videos on VHS and whatever. NIN come to mind as well as The Smashing Pumpkins.

So U2 would eventually.

I don't see the problem, hell they'd probably make a lot of money off it.

It's true -- with DVDs of Slane and Best of Vidoes, the cost would seem to be low--the material already exists.
Maybe will make enough money off the sale of these to help keep future ticket prices down.... ;)

Back
Top Bottom