RUMOR: 2004 Boston dates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_acrobat

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Wasn't sure where to post this. But I found this at U2tours.com. Don't quote me on this, cause somebody posted this on their messages board. But I thought I'd share it with ya'll.

Hello,

"Is this true or not?" U2 is set to play in Gillete Stadium in Foxboro in June/July 2004?? Sources confirm that they're in talks w/ the Stadium trying to secure some dates on summer 2004""

I checked into it, and Gillette Stadium has a 60,000 capacity.

Yeah I seriously hope they don't pull off a POP and book the tour dates before the album is done, I hope they learned their lesson...

I think they dod learn their lesson which is why I'm trying to be patient in my going nuts. However having m ore time to save $$ for tour is always good.

yeah, they have to finish the album, but you can't organise a world tour in one week.

where does it say this on u2tours.com? :huh:

oh nevermind i found the forum. too bad that person doesn't list a source or website who made the speculation. for all we know it could be the poster him/herself.

i'm not holding my breath for arena or stadium or ANY Dates until the band says so! :scream: ....say so already! LOL

Last edited:
:shrug: I don't know...would it make sense to book a tour before the album is finished and released?

Also, some of those rumors say that Bono is handing the talks himself...doesn't their management book the tour venues?

U2girl said:
:shrug: I don't know...would it make sense to book a tour before the album is finished and released?

Also, some of those rumors say that Bono is handing the talks himself...doesn't their management book the tour venues?

Yes, it is always done in advance. The problem with Popmart was they didnt leave enough extra time between in case the recording process needed more time. The other difference is that they learned from Popmart to delay the tour if they do happen to run out of time, they forced the issue then. If they plan to tour next year they are already in negotiations with some venues and/or are working on logistics and the stage design at this time. I would imagine they have a time frame that the album needs to be done by and if it is not they could either cancel or delay the initial first leg plans. Tour scheduling and handling is done by Dennis Sheehan and other members of Principle. So if they are indicating Bono is doing it is false, he may have mentioned something about the tour and venues but he would not have anything to do with actual scheduling or booking of the venues.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom