RTÉ 2XM played the NLOTH B-Side Today (Discussion Only)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is any truth to the hype we have hearing about this album, what we hear tomorrow should be one of the top 7-8 songs U2 have recorded since Achtung.

Right?

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:
There's no way you'll like the new album with that attitude.
Your expectations are set impossibly high. You're listening to a
brand new U2 song entirely out of context and expecting it to be
as good as the Fly or One or UTTEOTW.

What if No Line and Boots end up being your two least favorite tracks on the
new album? What if those songs only work when heard in the context of the whole album? Would anyone think Us and Them or Money came from one of the greatest albums of all time without listening to the entire Dark Side of the Moon album in one listening?

I'm in Pop mode baby. I "expect nothing".

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:
There's no way you'll like the new album with that attitude.
Your expectations are set impossibly high. You're listening to a
brand new U2 song entirely out of context and expecting it to be
as good as the Fly or One or UTTEOTW.

What if No Line and Boots end up being your two least favorite tracks on the
new album? What if those songs only work when heard in the context of the whole album? Would anyone think Us and Them or Money came from one of the greatest albums of all time without listening to the entire Dark Side of the Moon album in one listening?

I'm in Pop mode baby. I "expect nothing".

And I expect nothing, but the best!!! :hyper:

Is it really a leak if it's being "advertised" and on a commercial radio station? 'Cause I've vowed not to listen to any leaks but this is "sort of "official, right? :shrug:

I don't see any leak story on Cross's website--if it does leak they better have plans to sell it on iTunes immediately--that would be a smart thing to do--

Have to say, I think I will love this record, but am concerned about the reception for these reasons:

--5 years is an eternity in today's landscape
--Boots tanked BEYOND belief
--people love to tear stuff down
--I think ticket prices will create a HUGE backlash in today's economy. I really hope they don't go crazy on this front--it will lead to their demise in the mainstream (not that that's a bad thing)

Well, judging from the 45 seconds I've heard (which I admit isn't a lot), people will like NLOTH better. Maybe not on the radio, but I think people will review it better.

this is pretty cool. it's about 10 P.M. here in California, and I have a paper to write, so I'm just chillin...I'm just starting the paper and it's due tomorrow so I was destined to be up all night anyway, but now I have something incredibly exciting to look forward to....6 more hours! :drool:

U2.com seems to imply that the song being played will be the version of NLOTH appearing on the GOYB single. So in other words, this would be the alternate version of the title track, correct? I hope so because I really don't want to hear the album version until I listen to the album for the first time.

U2.com seems to imply that the song being played will be the version of NLOTH appearing on the GOYB single. So in other words, this would be the alternate version of the title track, correct? I hope so because I really don't want to hear the album version until I listen to the album for the first time.

This seems more likely anyway.

On a side note: Television, Drug of the Nation just came on... which is really funny to me because I have just been listening to ZooTV shows randomly.

Dudez. It's real simple. The single's coming out in a couple of days, the DJ has the CD, so he's gonna play the B-side, because the whole world is U2-starved right now. It's not an official "release". It's like when they played Are You Gonna Wait... shortly before the Vertigo single was released commercially. No deep dark conspiracy theories going on, ok?

Dudez. It's real simple. The single's coming out in a couple of days, the DJ has the CD, so he's gonna play the B-side, because the whole world is U2-starved right now. It's not an official "release". It's like when they played Are You Gonna Wait... shortly before the Vertigo single was released commercially. No deep dark conspiracy theories going on, ok?

Nice one; yeah, I'd forgotten about "Are You Gonna Wait Forever"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom