Roth takes a jab at U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DreamOutLoud13 said:
The front end of it looks like it wants to eat babies :tsk:

But hey, if you're into that kind of thing, more power to you :shrug:

um eating babies is awesome

so

:rockon:

Kevin Bacon drives a Mustang™. 2005.

ntalwar said:

Not quite.

pfr.jpg

Good point.

But does playing a single show really count as a full fledged reunion ? To me a reunion means at least a full blown tour, if not indeed making a new album.

Hey guys, guess what?

SOMEONE SOMEWHERE TOOK A JAB AT U2. OH NOES!

Cue shock and horror NOW.

David Lee Roth always talks shit. He hasn't done something different in his whole life. He comes out of the freezer and talks about wanting to astonish people. I mean, where was he for the last 20-25 years? What have people like Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones and U2 themselves done for the last 2 decades? All he's saying has already been done. He quit Van Halen thinking he was the biggest rock star of the planet, and the only thing he produced were just a couple of videos with naked women jumping around like apes. No one remebers him, and now he comes and wants to teach how to make concerts? I think that his brain is so damaged, that he thinks that we still live in 1985.

COBL_04 said:
Is it just me or have there been a lot of over-reactions from people over derogatory comments towards U2 lately? :scratch:

Lately? Nah, I think it's always been like this.

U2girl said:

But does playing a single show really count as a full fledged reunion ? To me a reunion means at least a full blown tour, if not indeed making a new album.

For Pink Floyd, it's full fledged - hell froze over that day. And a full blown tour and new album would be incredible :drool:.

toscano said:

It's not a reunion without Michael Anthony

I agree.

I've actually met Anthony several times, super nice guy. There will be something missing from him not being there.

As for DLR......I did not take it as a burn to U2. IMO.

COBL_04 said:
Is it just me or have there been a lot of over-reactions from people over derogatory comments towards U2 lately? :scratch:

Mine, personnally, was against Roth's hero mania. I don't give a damn if he talks bad about u2 or whoever else............... :shrug:

COBL_04 said:

It would be one thing if they were actually derogatory comments (even then, who cares). I didnt think there were any from Roth here. Seems like people are looking to get upset even when its not there. :shrug:

ntalwar said:

For Pink Floyd, it's full fledged - hell froze over that day. And a full blown tour and new album would be incredible :drool:.

I would love to know how Geldolf (or Bono or whoever did it) managed to persuade them. Hell did freeze over but it would be a reunion - tour and/or album - when and if Gilmour and Waters are on good terms.

Aren't the singer and one of the Van Halens in the band on shaky terms ? How do they plan to endure a tour ?

Last edited:
U2girl said:

Aren't the singer and one of the Van Halens in the band on shaky terms ? How do they plan to endure a tour ?

It's part of the allure of Van Halen...they break up and make up with their singers on a constant basis. Roth was back with the band in '96, out before the end of that year, back in '99 - 00, out in '01...back in '02...out by mid-03...Hagar was back 04-05...and now Roth is 'officially' back in. I think it's a fun game they've created...:yes:

U2girl said:

Well, put it this way: I don't see them playing more than 4-5 shows.

Axver said:

Well, put it this way: I don't see them playing more than 4-5 shows.

I will take that bet. They will do several legs even if they arent getting along. So I think you will be wrong.

Eddie did several legs with Sammy in 2004 and they HATED each other most of that tour. Money talks. They seem to have bigger plans in mind though this time than in 2004. They wont have a problem touring. Making another album, THAT I'm skeptical on.

Back
Top Bottom