Rollingstone.com poll - best live band

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
JaraU2 said:

I haven't heard anything good from Radiohead since the mid-90's. I used to like them. Now you couldn't pay me to see them. It is beyond my comprehension how anyone could possibly consider U2 an "opening act" for Radiohead.

So therefore, I would appreciate it Wanderer, if you never posted at all. It would not hurt Interference in the least.

Thank you.

Ooopsy - time for the admins to close another thread as this one has become all "nasty." Blah...

This is not necessary. Please tone down the attitude.

JaraU2 said:
Last edited by JaraU2 on 07-25-2002 at 12:40 PM

Aww... why'd you take out all the shit-talking and name calling to The Wanderer?

I wanted to see him eat you alive. :lol:

JaraU2 said:
So therefore, I would appreciate it Wanderer, if you never posted at all. It would not hurt Interference in the least.

JaraU2, I dont know exactly what you said before you edited and I think I'm glad but if you can honestly say this about The Wanderer than you obviously havent been following his posts. His sense of humor and poetry are part of what makes interference a fascinating place to be. Im not calling you a newbie but he has been a contributor here a hell of alot longer than you and if he were to stop posting he would be sorely missed. I dont think anything that he said in this thread was worthy of such an attack.

As for Radiohead being a good live band or not, that is a matter of opinion. I have not had the pleasure of seeing RH live yet but I have heard numerous bootlegs and based on the glowing reviews I have heard from friends who caught them on tour last summer, I think they make an excellent live band. However, Im not gonna get all surly with you and suggest that you never post here again just because you disagree with me.

I really dont understand why some people are taking this so personally. Its just a stupid poll. I happen to think that Bruce Springsteen sucks, I dont like him at all but if someone here thinks he is good live then they are entitled to their opinion. I have no problem with that.

very amusing!

let me clear up something (I think Jara is probably the only one who needed me to actually state this), but my post to docwho was in mock anger, I love his posts in FYM (on just about everything but radiohead), he's very clever but with his radiohead rants he just sounds like one of those old geezers who sit there outside the barber shop and growl, "im my day, we didn't have these 'radioheads', we didn't have radios at all and if we wanted to have fun we just stared into the sun until our eyeballs burned out of their sockets and we said 'my god what have I done?' and that's the way it was and we liked it" :angry:

a lot of people here can't stand radiohead, it's not their "thing" for one reason or another, personally I would much rather see radiohead live right now than U2, and I am much more excited about the band and its future, and, ooops, I am not the only one who feels this way

but have a nice day anyway! and good luck in all you do :)

(and btw, if you wrote something and then didn't have the balls to keep it up for me to read, then you're an even bigger jackass)

doctorwho, youve appeared to be a decent guy in the past, so i will let this blunder of yours to go by.

as for the newbie, im making you my b**** from now on. you do not tell someone to leave when you yourself are of such inadequacy. do not ever do so again or i will get one of my upper-class friends to disect you.

ofcourse, that means remove you.

we are the ones in charge. earn your stripes.

radiohead is too confusing to many people, for a very simple reason. its above you. you cant relate to it because it doesnt revolve around three chords.

well, sometimes it does and you still dont get it.

go on and listen to your adult top 40, i really dont care.

the bottom line is my musical TASTE is better than yours.

thank you.

Zoomerang96 said:
doctorwho, youve appeared to be a decent guy in the past, so i will let this blunder of yours to go by.

as for the newbie, im making you my b**** from now on. you do not tell someone to leave when you yourself are of such inadequacy. do not ever do so again or i will get one of my upper-class friends to disect you.

ofcourse, that means remove you.

we are the ones in charge. earn your stripes.

radiohead is too confusing to many people, for a very simple reason. its above you. you cant relate to it because it doesnt revolve around three chords.

well, sometimes it does and you still dont get it.

go on and listen to your adult top 40, i really dont care.

the bottom line is my musical TASTE is better than yours.

thank you.

I have made no blunder, so there is nothing to forgive. Do not be so arrogant - you have no reason.

And you know nothing about this newbie, so don't be presumptuous. Sicy said that no one should threaten banning another person. Therefore, do not ever threaten to ban another person. You do not have the authority, approval or support to make such a claim. In fact, if you threaten this again, it might result in your own banning. No, that's not a threat from me - but it might be from one of the admins.

I feel that Wanderer's comments deserve the slam they did. For Wanderer to say that U2 should open for Radiohead is so insulting that words cannot describe it. I have heard nothing good come from Radiohead in nearly a decade. However, I would have kept this to myself. But when a U2 fan start slamming U2's live performances saying how a band that I think is inferior in every way should have U2 open, then that's too much.
I made my comment - just to show that not everyone here adores Radiohead.

Oh, one last comment...

For Wanderer to tell me not to post here is far worse, IMO, than what JaraU2 wrote. Who the hell does Wanderer think he is to tell people where they should post? If he truly feels this way, then I agree with Jara, the forum would be better off without him and his attitude (which is pretty strong these days). Someone else asked what's bugging me - it's you so-called "fans" and your total lack of respect for each other. I've said it before and I'll say it again - U2 fans are the worse thing about U2.

Last edited:
oh were not all bad fans. some of us are good.

YOU called me arrogant. interesting. i will not deny that i appear that way, but please bear in mind, this place is a release for me. i do not take it in one way serious. why do you think i capitalized TASTE in my last post?

i do get involved, yes, but i do stuff here to let my mind play before it explodes. obviously this creates rifts, but tough, its life. why do wars begin?

my last post had hints of truth, but it was mostly done in an obvious tongue and cheek sort of way. the whole banning thing was an obvious joke, but whats even MORE obvious is that you didnt get it.

as much joking as i may now have led some of you to believe i was doing, please remember that i do not think jara was inline with that. but really who cares? wanderer doesnt give two shits about what jara has to say about him, and neither do i.

your issues with radiohead are really none of my concern. but for you to slam them, surely you thought it would create some fighting?

I always thought you were good at politics doctorwho, but you seem to be even more prolific at drama

what a dumb post, really, all the more reason for you to schtick to FYM, it's really all that's left for you, sad to say, you were great in your prime, but now you're not more than an opening act

Obviously you dont know wanderer really well.

Like you actually believe that he thinks U2 should open for Radiohead.

Some people need to stop taking things so seriously around here.

I almost never post in FYM. And sorry, Wanderer, there have been some items you have said in the past that have not sat well with me - so I am not open to your humor, nor was I aware that you appreciated my words. I thank you for your kindness, but I regret to say the feeling is not mutual.

As for Radiohead... I'm tired of reading about Radiohead here in this forum. I'm tired of people thinking Radiohead is better than U2 (on a U2 forum). I'm tired that those who don't like Radiohead are ridiculed and told "obviously" they don't get it. I thought discussion of other bands was meant for other forums. I loved Radiohead pre-'95. I have their albums. Great stuff. However, starting with "O.K. Computer" and on, they lost me. Therefore, I have difficulty accepting the praise that some of you heap on them now.

As for my mood... an administrator recently slammed me when I made a comment about banning a person (by reporting the abuse to the admins). I was told that I couldn't even make this suggestion of banning, even though I felt I received hostile treatment. Now, another person does the same thing (threatens banning), yet no such comment is made. And, oddly enough, I'm scolded again, being told to "lighten up." All I ask is for some consistency. I also feel that sometimes the mods/admins provoke comments and actions - and this should be watched more carefully.

And don't judge poor JaraU2 so harshly. He/she had some good points. A newbie posting is not necessarily a newbie to the forum. Some "oldies" could learn a lot from the newbies. Also, don't think that a "newbie" couldn't handle him/herself against an "oldie."

I guess the hypocrisy here is a bit much for me as of late...

If you really want me to go into detail as to exactly what I mean, please PM me. I will not discuss this further here.

*severely edited to "keep things nice."

Last edited:
oh and btw, stop whining about the adminstrators, I'll bet it sucks for them to have to constantly put up with your whining...

and I'd appreciate it if you posted less, that'd be great, thank you.

doctorwho said:
As for my mood... an administrator recently slammed me when I made a comment about banning a person (by reporting the abuse to the admins). I was told that I couldn't even make this suggestion of banning, even though I felt I received hostile treatment. Now, another person does the same thing (threatens banning), yet no such comment is made. And, oddly enough, I'm scolded again, being told to "lighten up." All I ask is for some consistency. I also feel that sometimes the mods/admins provoke comments and actions - and this should be watched more carefully.

Well seeing as there is only one Administrator. :rolleyes:
Look.. deathbear says he wants people banned everyday.. he is joking. Your threats of banning were dead serious. And I dont provoke anything. Who should be watching me? Give me a break.. I was just trying to lighten the mood with my last post. Obviously it didnt work.

Originally posted by The Wanderer
oh and btw, stop whining about the adminstrators, I'll bet it sucks for them to have to constantly put up with your whining...

:up:

Jara, I strongly suggest that you read some of Wanderer's posts before you decide to tell him he's not worthy of posting here. maybe you should too, doctorwho.

Re: Radiohead - BLECH!

doctorwho said:
Radiohead's music sucks so bad that the thought of seeing them live actually makes me ill. I'm thrilled that RollingStone showed an iota of intelligence by NOT including them in that poll. I would only see Radiohead if I was battling insomnia or if the N'Sync concert was sold out and I was inexplicably desperate to see morons on stage.

I hear ya doctorwho! Thom's whiney voice gives me the creeps. My son bought OK Computer and The Bends because Bono liked them, but neither he nor I or anyone else nearby has been able to sit through these CD's. They sound like the proverbial fingernails on the chalkboard. The only way I would see them live is if someone threatened to shave my head, and Bono's, if I didn't go. :ohmy: :lol: :p

I think Radiohead sound so bad, I actually prefer listening to certain songs on Pop. Anyone know knows me knows that's BAD! :ohmy:

uh.

its fans like you who want u2 to take the road of creed and never evolve into something more interesting than matchbox twenty that are driving me away from u2.

radiohead are better than u2, at this point and time. do not even waste your time trying to argue that point to me, because you will get nowhere. pretty fast too, may i add.

people want to slam radiohead, ill slam u2. its that simple.

I have to clarify something- my son DOES like Radiohead he just doesn't listen to the CD's much. He thinks they are overrated sometimes and they are not as good as U2.

Now, I have something to say about this RS Poll:

IT'S RIGGED!

No I'm not just a sore loser. Of course U2 is the best live band on the planet! It is weird that DMB has taken a sudden large surge. Look, WE have released the hounds here, and on Zootopia, and all our vote aren't helping. I believe DMB fans are messing with the cookies again, like they did on the MY VH1 AWARDS!

Remember that? They messed with the cookies, then we got Kevm to do it for us, and the Bon Jovi people read our thread and turned us in and our votes got disqualified to sucky DMB walked away with everything and U2 got nothing? Cheaters! If they got rid of our votes they should have canned theirs too. I think they're doing it again. On the internet, cheaters DO win and all of these polls will be tainted because of it. Anybody else think so?

Boom cha, boom cha

Cheating is OK if DMB wins in the end!

They do soooo passionate concerts, it?amazing.
They say the words I can?t express.
I feel good when listening to them.

:scratch:

Urgh, did I really say this?

Nope, they don?t!

Just like Bon Jovi!
they still rock so much.

And remember Van Halen...and Def Leppard.

Where did the good times go?

;)

Back
Top Bottom