Rolling Stone: People of the Year

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I haven't figured out how to vote there yet, but that was a great little interview! Thanks for the link.

------------------
...a highway with no one on it, a treasure just to look upon it...

"She's hyperventilating." --my podiatrist (about me) 10-24-01

You know what's hilarious?

read the interview with Bono, then read the interview with Britney Spears.. then vote for Britney as artist of the year and see how much of a moron you feel like.

In the last 10 minutes Britney got around 150 votes... She's first with 43% now...

VOTE everyone!

------------------
And I felt like a star...

the little story explaining why they started playing Please again is pretty interesting.

BTW, just voted

------------------
"Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast, CHICAGO!" ~ Bono (during Stay) at Chicago 10/16/01

"Home, that's where Chicago is!" ~ Bono (during Walk On) at Chicago 10/16/01

Originally posted by SkeeK:
You know what's hilarious?

read the interview with Bono, then read the interview with Britney Spears.. then vote for Britney as artist of the year and see how much of a moron you feel like.

Bono's answers are a lot better than basically everyone on that list. It should be a crime if anyone else besides him wins

------------------
"Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast, CHICAGO!" ~ Bono (during Stay) at Chicago 10/16/01

"Home, that's where Chicago is!" ~ Bono (during Walk On) at Chicago 10/16/01

I noticed that lyric in "Please" a while ago and I've been listening to the MTV award show version of the song almost every day since. I thought those lyrics were the original lyrics, I guess not.

The scariest thing about that is the cover.

She looks like shes ready to breast feed with those puppies
eek.gif

omg, what an absolute flake. That's Britney, not Bono.
wink.gif

Speaking of Bono...I'm going to save that interview. It's one of the best I've read in a LONG time. Ain't it cool...he vacationed in my surrogate country, Indonesia!
biggrin.gif

Scanning down that list I'd have to say they didn't look very long or hard for stellar "People of the Year." Bono and Paul McCartney were the only ones that even looked remotely deserving to me. blah. Who makes this stuff up anyways?
rolleyes.gif

-sula

p.s. Can't wait to hear Please again...they'd better play it in Vegas.

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:
Is it going to take Bono getting a boob job?

LMAO!!
I was going to say something about Larry already having one, but I won't!
wink.gif

------------------
...a highway with no one on it, a treasure just to look upon it...

"She's hyperventilating." --my podiatrist (about me) 10-24-01

Voted. And yes, the interview was great! As for Britney, I tried to read part of her interview and I couldn't. It was all about her talking about shoes and clothes and her boyfriend Justin. Spare me.

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

I voted, then tried to vote again, just to see what would happen...it said: "You've already voted today, try again tomorrow".
So everyone should hit it once a day until Bono passes both of Britney's breasts in the poll.

------------------
The joker is the best card.

I voted!

Bono is in 2nd with 22% of the votes...Britney is in 1st with 35%!!!
mad.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Back
Top Bottom