Rolling Stone: People of the Year

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Skeek is right. You read Bono's interview and then Britney's and it is like night and day. The Britney interview made me feel like I'd lost some brain cells.

Thank God that if I'm going to be fanatic about a musical performer, it's someone like Bono.

Hey! Watch out! Someone is starting to slam Britney to get her up there. Keep on voting! Bono is down to 64%!

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

bear in mind Britney is still only 19, so we can't be too harsh. I think a lot of you are being unfair. Plus who is gonna sell more copies... Britney with her baps out or Bono with cap and shades on? People don't vote on the pictures... they vote on the words and the deeds. Don't worry
smile.gif

Britney 21% (5665 votes)
Fred Durst 0% (38 votes)
Alicia Keys 1% (171 votes)
Dave Matthews 30% (8077 votes)
Bono 45% (12194 votes)
Angelina Jolie 0% (61 votes)
John Cameron Mitchell 0% (15 votes)
Sum 41 0% (52 votes)
'NSync 1% (174 votes)
Paul McCartney 0% (103 votes)
Bob Dylan 1% (208 votes)
Mick Jagger 0% (35 votes)
Jennifer Lopez 0% (86 votes)
Eve 0% (8 votes)
Linkin Park 1% (260 votes)
Jay-Z 0% (41 votes)
Aaron Lewis of Staind 0% (99 votes)
Ja Rule 0% (45 votes)

------------------
~whortense wiffin
walla walla, washington

C'mon PPLZ. Like so 4 sure Britneyz gotzta get beated and that dave matthews guy 2. Bono is like os totally lthe guy atht needs to win this one i mean it's like fur sure, dude.

Originally posted by UnforgettableLemon:
C'mon PPLZ. Like so 4 sure Britneyz gotzta get beated and that dave matthews guy 2. Bono is like os totally lthe guy atht needs to win this one i mean it's like fur sure, dude.

Like, omg, did I see you on like TRL today? Like last summer I heard that Brintey Spers song and like OMG I wanted to scream cos it reminded me of last summer and um it was just totally awesome. I forgot what else I was like gonna say...EEEEK, I LOVE YOU CARSON!!!!!!

britney's now winning by about 3000 votes.

vote, vote, vote people!!! we couldn't get U2 on trl, at least we can do this. not that bono really cares, but it will make us feel better.

------------------
"You can download an atmosphere and dial up a groove, but there's a certain magic when three musicians and a dyslexic get together and play in a room." -Bono

Love,
Emily

The city's desire to take me for more and more...

Dammit! Britney has 72% of the vote, Dave Matthews 17% and Bono only 10%. Off to vote. Where's KevM?

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

Originally posted by bullet the blue sky:
bear in mind Britney is still only 19, so we can't be too harsh. I think a lot of you are being unfair.

No way...think back to the early days of U2. Even as younger men their lyrics and music were far more serious and mature than Britney's crap.

Not to mention, I teach students who are her age. Even compared with her own age group, she's not the brightest 20 year old. Not to mention, none of my students are glorified strippers...

Back
Top Bottom