Rolling Stone Mag: "Rattle & Hum" In Top 25 Music DVDs Ever

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Re: Re: Rolling Stone Mag: "Rattle & Hum" In Top 25 Music DVDs Ever

LyricalDrug said:

haha, oh god! :huh:

but seriously don't get me wrong i love that film but I've seen many DVDs to keep it from the number 1 spot. :lol:

Decent list, they should put together one for concert DVDs only though. Because Slane should so be there :drool: .

The only U2 DVD that should be in the top 25 is Under A Blood Red Sky.

Oh wait. :(

R&H contains the best concert footage of any band I have ever seen. It is beautifully filmed especially the black and white footage. I love the lighting and the contrast.

AndrewCowley said:
R&H contains the best concert footage of any band I have ever seen. It is beautifully filmed especially the black and white footage. I love the lighting and the contrast.

I'm absolutley with you: best concert footage of any band I have ever seen.

Perhaps some people need some more years to understand the beauty of this film.

The film has some awkward moments, no doubt, but the concert footage is top-notch. If only Joanou could direct all their concert releases...ah, bliss.

Am I crazy, or was Don't Look Back missing from that list? Yet No Direction home was on there?

Also, why no ZooTV? Isn't it regarded as more of a historically significant thing than Rattle & Hum? Not that most of these DVDs were simply just concerts, but in terms of the evolution of live rock performance I think it's integral and should be on any music DVD list.

It's interesting how Rattle & Hum has aged better with time. It got slammed when it came out(even by Rolling Stone if I remember right) but at the DVD release critics seemed to have given it a better review years later.

ZooTV was definately a more significant tour, but the DVD sucks in my opinion. The footage just missed the feeling of the show plus all the horrible superimposed words over the concert footage was executed badly.

Back
Top Bottom