Rolling Stone Gives Bob Dylan's New Album Five Stars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PopFly

War Child
This is (I think) the first original album to get 5/5 stars from RS since R.E.M's "Automatic for the People" in 1992. I'm just glad that a legend like Dylan got the fairly substantial honour, since it shows that Rolling Stone hasn't gone completely off the bend yet. If they had given ***** to, say, the new Staind album or something, I would've become homicidal. Has anyone listened to the new Dylan album yet, and can opine on it?

Just for the sake of saying it, the highest that U2 ever scored from RS was 4.5/5 stars for Achtung Baby.

------------------
They want you to be Jesus
They'll go down on one knee
But they'll want their money back
If you're alive at thirty-three
And you're turning tricks
With your crucifix
You're a star

"I can't watch a man sing a song. He gets all emotional, he starts swaying...it's embarrassing!" -- Jerry Seinfeld

interesting. on the website it says JT has 5 stars out of 5

Dang, I knew I should've gone to the RS site instead of relying on memory.

Okay, JOSHUA TREE is U2's highest-rated album from Rolling Stone.

------------------
They want you to be Jesus
They'll go down on one knee
But they'll want their money back
If you're alive at thirty-three
And you're turning tricks
With your crucifix
You're a star

"I can't watch a man sing a song. He gets all emotional, he starts swaying...it's embarrassing!" -- Jerry Seinfeld

No, I haven't heard the new Dylan album, so I can't comment.

However, I'd just like to mention how much I appreciate Radiohead's latest Amnesiac

(threw that one in for the residential bear)
wink.gif

Sorry to stray from the point...

If RS had given Joshua Tree anything other than a 5, then there would have to be a petition of some sort.
biggrin.gif
smile.gif

------------------
"If I am close to the music, and you are close to the music, we are close to each other." -Bono

I had to dig this thread up from the deep because today I picked up Love and Theft, and it blew me away. It blew me away like very few albums have ever done. Love and Theft is magnificient, fantastic, and all of those other over-the-top praises. I've been lying on the the bed with the album on repeat now for several hours and I should get some sleep so I can't provide a full review, but I'd really appreciate if all fellow interferencers could please follow these few simple steps:

1) Fire up kazaa/audiogalaxy/morpheus
2) Search for Mississippi
3) When download is complete, double click on song
4) Close eyes
5) Enjoy
6) At conclusion, examine arms- If no goosebumps are present, proceed to nearest physician post-haste.

Especially in this time of compromised artistic morals (cough*n'suck*cough) I urge you all to listen to a masterful album from a man who, after a long and succesful career, continues to sweat artistic integrity by the barrelful. Reminds me of this other band I know
wink.gif

Pick this one up.

Back
Top Bottom