RobH calirifies "Sometimes", "Bad" connection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RobH

The Fly
Sad to see the previous thread had to be closed down. You know, my friends and I have been loving/making fun of/rocking out to/lauhing at Bono and the band for over twenty years now. That doesn't make me special, and I've never claimed it did. So I poked fun at the band by claiming that certain songs have the same sound. Is that untrue? C'mon...even you diehards can tell when they've just remade a song with the notes slightly rearranged. And it's usaully a good song (they don't remake the crappy ones!) I love U2. But they need to be called out on certain things. Always have.

After 25 years of making music, they're bound to repeat themselves once and a while...I don't think anybody could expect any band to write 400 completely original songs--no repitition whatsoever.

As long as it's not a blatant ripoff, I really don't care. I don't know of any U2 songs where they do blatantly rip themselves off. The chords of WOWY and Miracle Drug (during the verses) are exactly the same and at about the same tempo, yet this doesn't make Miracle Drug any lesser of a song in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom