Right videos on the DVD singles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thedude0_50

Babyface
I can't tell you how dissapointed in U2's new DVD policy...

I was looking forward to the great dessert-video when I bought the Vertigo-DVD - instead I got the live-one that is also on the DVD that accompanied the album...ARGH

Now it seems that U2's next DVD-single will also only include the allready released live video (it was also on the CD-album).

Can anyone explain to me what is the deal with this?
What is the point of DVD-single if it is not to include the videos?

It's like you hear a great song on the radio but when you buy the single...it's a totally different song.

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS.

thanx

I didnt post, cos I thought others would! It is stupid - ur quite right. We'll no doubt get the video for 'Sometimes' on the 3rd single release here in the UK!

I think its a timing thing. The videos are probably finished well after the singles are at the processing plant.

As long as the videos end up available at some point I dont really care which single they are on.

thedude0_50 said:

I was looking forward to the great dessert-video when I bought the Vertigo-DVD - instead I got the live-one that is also on the DVD that accompanied the album...ARGH

Now it seems that U2's next DVD-single will also only include the allready released live video (it was also on the CD-album).

It's like you hear a great song on the radio but when you buy the single...it's a totally different song.

thanx

I simply don't buy U2 DVD singles. What a waste of money that is. :ohmy: I buy just 1 CD regular copy of any single for my collection. And I hate the singles they're are releasing now! A bunch of useless remixes. God I miss old U2 singles.

Re: Re: Right videos on the DVD singles

markoajda said:

I simply don't buy U2 DVD singles. What a waste of money that is. :ohmy: I buy just 1 CD regular copy of any single for my collection. And I hate the singles they're are releasing now! A bunch of useless remixes. God I miss old U2 singles.

Kind of agree with you....but dont you want to have the video's in your collection too?
I know what you mean about the remixes. I like Vertigo, but since having the album, it's my least fave on there now, so the last thing I want as b-sides on the next single are bloody remixes of it! Even if one of them is by Trent Reznor!:wink:

Re: Re: Right videos on the DVD singles

markoajda said:

I agree, but i'm one of those people who collects all the singles, all the 7", all the promos etc.
I disliked the remixes from the Pop/ATYCLB era, but i've quite liked these Vertigo remixes. Nothing beats the original 'song' B-Side material.
It goes without saying that their current DVD policy isn't so hot at all. I suspect we might get the videos in this box set which is meant to be coming out.

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Right videos on the DVD singles

Aardvark747 said:

Kind of agree with you....but dont you want to have the video's in your collection too?

I do. But nowadays videos are released on a weekly basis on certain communities in high quality DVD formats. I just "pick" them up there. When they're done releasing singles all that is left to do is burn them on DVD. :wink:

thedude0_50 said:

thanx

Wait, hold the phone. I thought (and still think) that the SYCMIOYO video included in the single will be from the Radio 1 performance in November.

It all boils down to: what is the point with DVD-singles if the video you see on tv is not on there?

It's like hearing a great song on the radio but when you buy the single that song isn't on there.

beli said:
I think its a timing thing. The videos are probably finished well after the singles are at the processing plant.

As long as the videos end up available at some point I dont really care which single they are on.

I think you're probably dead right.

The one thing that does piss me off is when they put the same remix on different cd releases - The record companies know that people who buy the additional CDs are going to be your hard core fans - rather than people who just want a copy of a song because they've heard it on the radio.

That's when i do feel I've been conned.

Well, there is a Vertigo video on the SYCMIOYO DVD, so maybe we're finally getting the "desert" video on DVD. Which probably means that the "real" SYCMIOYO video will show up on the ABOY DVD when it gets released in Europe, or some such nonsense.

At any rate, this trend isn't all that new. We still haven't gotten an official release of the US Walk On video, and the European SIAM video wasn't released until 'Best Of.' I'll never understand why they released a video about American football in Europe.

And can somebody please tell me why the "Buffalo" version of One isn't on the Best of 1990-2000 DVD while the buffalo are featured on the cover?

Anywho, I'll be buying it.

Danny Boy said:
Well, there is a Vertigo video on the SYCMIOYO DVD, so maybe we're finally getting the "desert" video on DVD. Which probably means that the "real" SYCMIOYO video will show up on the ABOY DVD when it gets released in Europe, or some such nonsense.

:crack:

Ah what the hell, I'll probably be buying them too. :|

Back
Top Bottom