Return of U2 Survivor - Album Survivor: Round I

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote for your favourite U2 album

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your FAVOURITE album.

The voting system has changed since previous Survivors - see second paragraph below before voting.

It's been a long time since we last ran a Survivor tournament. I think it's about time the game made a return to EYKIW - and now is an ideal time to run an Album Survivor. Yes, we've run this once before. However, some people, myself included, feel that the results from that edition were a bit skewed as HTDAAB was so new and may have had its placing artificially inflated. Well then, let's see. Let's give this thing a whirl just before NLOTH drops and see where the forum stands on U2's eleven previous albums. This edition of Survivor will stick solely with the eleven albums indisputably considered U2 albums. No UABRS, no Passengers, nothing else anybody may want to include on a technicality - just a quickfire series of ten rounds until we get a winner. Each round will last 48 hours.

Since this is such a quickfire edition of the game, I'm going to trial a new voting method. In EVERY round, you vote for your FAVOURITE album (or at least your favourite of what's left). The album with the least amount of votes will be eliminated, i.e. the album the least people rank as their favourite. If it turns out that this method sucks, we can easily run another Album Survivor with the original method. Past Survivors have taken longer to get through a single album than this will take to complete, and we could complete both methods before NLOTH's official release date.

Have fun!

I'm not the U2 fan I once was, but The Unforgettable Fire remains my favourite album by anybody, not just U2. Easy choice.

It's gonna get boring voting for AB every time :hmm:

Why the change in methodology? Anything scientific behind it?

It's gonna get boring voting for AB every time :hmm:

Why the change in methodology? Anything scientific behind it?

Might be interesting for the October fans, though. :wink:

We've had various discussions over the years about employing different methodology. I figured that since this edition is going to be very short, it's an ideal guinea pig to try something and see whether it works or not. If it doesn't work, we haven't wasted much time. How will we gauge if it works? I don't bloody know, but I'm sure it'll be pretty obvious if it goes badly. I'm honestly kind of tempted to run a subsequent edition with the old method no matter what happens and see just how different the results are, if at all.

Have to put a vote in for JT, still the absolute pinnacle of the bands achievements for me.

I anticipate the end result will be something like:

1. Achtung Baby - Interference seems to prefer this to TJT
2. The Joshua Tree
3. The Unforgettable Fire
4. War
5. Pop
6. Boy
7. Zooropa
8. All That You Can't Leave Behind
9. Rattle and Hum
10. October
11. How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb

:hmm:

Missed the edit.

Bit bored, Ax? Was it your vote that made Bomb over-represented last time? :wink:

Good lord, I hope not. Probably wasn't, as UF was fourth and HTDAAB third (can anyone believe that?!), and UF has been my favourite album about as long as I've been a U2 fan. Though I hate to think what I voted for in the penultimate round, when it was JT/AB/HTDAAB. Hopefully JT. :uhoh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom