Results for Rate The Song Series

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
308eedg.gif

:shifty: There's a U2 gif or song title for every ocasion.

All That You Can't Leave Behind rankings, by mean:

1) Beautiful Day
2) Kite
3) Walk On
4) When I Look at the World
5) New York
6) In a Little While
7) Elevation
8) Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of
9) Wild Honey
10) Peace on Earth
11) Grace

If you factor in The Ground Beneath Her Feet, it ends up in second place and everything except Beautiful Day gets shifted down one.

attyclub.png

Nick66 said:
How is this surprising, when "Lady With the Spinning Head" rates higher here than Miss Sarajevo, EBTTRT, Mysterious Ways and One?

Because Lady With the Spinning Head just might be better than Miss Sarajevo, EBTTRT, Mysterious Ways, and One.

Absolutely. And why stop there?! LWTSH may very well be the best song U2 ever recorded.

In fact, it may just be the best rock song of all time.
Sarcasm noted.

Lady With the Spinning Head is a great song. I absolutely love Mysterious Ways and Even Better (don't get the fuss over Miss Sarajevo), but I (and apparently Interference) like Lady With the Spinning Head more than them. I would put it and One at the same level.

We get it. You don't think One deserves the bad rap it got. Neither do I. But that won't stop me from loving it as much as I do.

These results really mean nothing. It's just a way to spend the (absurdly long) down-time between albums/tours.

Nick66 said:
How is this surprising, when "Lady With the Spinning Head" rates higher here than Miss Sarajevo, EBTTRT, Mysterious Ways and One?
Lol, seriously. You just can't let it go, can you?

Anyway, it's a shame I missed the ATYCLB polls. Would have loved to see In A Little While higher.

These results really mean nothing. It's just a way to spend the (absurdly long) down-time between albums/tours.
exactly. i think these polls are fun and it's always interesting to see what everyone else thinks of all the songs, but in the end does it matter? it's not like u2 will use this as the basis for the setlist of the next tour and now there's a bunch of supposedly amazing songs they're not going to play because they were ranked too low. though wouldn't it be neat if they saw how popular, say, lwtsh was and decided to give it a spin for the next tour?

Not that I've been partaking in this series, but when it's all finished and tallied I'd love it if someone would compare the results against the last U2 survivor series.

monkeyskin said:
Not that I've been partaking in this series, but when it's all finished and tallied I'd love it if someone would compare the results against the last U2 survivor series.

The survivor series only produced a listing of the top ten or so songs, no? It's hard to rank songs that made it only to semifinals or below. But I suppose comparing to the top ten or so could happen. I would love to compare to the last rate the song series, but that was aborted halfway through and no results were ever generated. I suppose that, if I want to be nice, I could tabulate partial results for it and compare...

though wouldn't it be neat if they saw how popular, say, lwtsh was and decided to give it a spin for the next tour?

This assumes something that's incorrect....that LWTSH is "popular" (beyond websites like this).

The overwhelming majority of the people who will attend a U2 concert....especially a concert the size of 360...will never have even heard LWTSH, nor most of the b-sides.

U2 concerts are heavy on "hits" because they know that's what most people, who don't obsessively follow the sets lists from night to night, want to hear.

...and then they crack out lesser known jems (known to us, but not to casual fans) and create new interest.

I have talked to some mainstream fans, and for many, this was the case with Zooropa being played during 360.

exactly. i think these polls are fun and it's always interesting to see what everyone else thinks of all the songs, but in the end does it matter? it's not like u2 will use this as the basis for the setlist of the next tour and now there's a bunch of supposedly amazing songs they're not going to play because they were ranked too low. though wouldn't it be neat if they saw how popular, say, lwtsh was and decided to give it a spin for the next tour?

like I said earlier in this thread, I think it's a solid barometer of what the regulars think in here between albums/tours think. All of 60 people voted in the Lady with the Spinning Head poll... I doubt U2 will make any decision based on what 60 people think, just like they're not going to read this forum and say, hey, fuck it, we're not playing One anymore because four or five people rated it a zero on interference!

There are a bunch of things that I think are wrong with the rankings, but that's why I can also go make my own.

It also goes to show you how amazing Streets really is, since it's clearly the only song everybody here can 100% agree on :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom