Results for Rate The Song Series

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the very least, I find this a fairly interesting look into the collective mind of Interference. One being so low is, in a way, remarkable.

Sorry...I can't take any list that has songs like Gone, Lemon, HTKK, YBR and Lady With The Spinning Head and MOFO over songs like Zoo Station, EBTTRT, Mysterious Ways and One seriously. It just shows how completely out of touch this place is with the outside U2-loving world. I mean, WTF...no seriously appraisal of U2's 90's out put would put One at number seven-freaking-teen, BELOW Lady With The Spinning Head, a throw away B-Side. Give a break. Again, this has nothing to do with Dig's excellent work on this series, but these results are not to be taken seriously.

This is mostly just people trying to show how hip and in the know they think they are by voting for more obscure tracks. I get it...but it's just laughable.

No one said this was scientific, haha. Plus, if we're talking about the "outside" U2-loving world, then it's going to be notihing but singles dominating the Top 10 or so. People here are voting on how they currently feel about these tracks, which is the neat part. For example, I wouldn't have put Zooropa at #1 myself, but it's kinda fun to see how they're turning out in the end.

Now when Cedars of Lebanon and White as Snow make the Top 10 on the 2000s thread, I'll be the one throwing the fit then! :lol:

No one said this was scientific, haha. Plus, if we're talking about the "outside" U2-loving world, then it's going to be notihing but singles dominating the Top 10 or so. People here are voting on how they currently feel about these tracks, which is the neat part. For example, I wouldn't have put Zooropa at #1 myself, but it's kinda fun to see how they're turning out in the end.

Now when Cedars of Lebanon and White as Snow make the Top 10 on the 2000s thread, I'll be the one throwing the fit then! :lol:

Fair enough...sure, it's just for fun. It doesn't mean anything, it's not like the results are going to be used by U2...I just find the list kind of...amusing.

Or maybe people here really love Gone. :shrug:

I think a lot of people are influenced by the live shows. For me, Zooropa live was magical and after hearing it I actually started loving it's studio version more. And, as much as I love One, I feel the recent live versions have been underwhelming. It's possible I've heard it too much.

I think it's fascinating to see everyone's opinions on songs. I love the diversity here with fans who discovered the band in the '80s, '90's and '00's.

Or maybe people here really love Gone. :shrug:

I think a lot of people are influenced by the live shows. For me, Zooropa live was magical and after hearing it I actually started loving it's studio version more. And, as much as I love One, I feel the recent live versions have been underwhelming. It's possible I've heard it too much.

I think it's fascinating to see everyone's opinions on songs. I love the diversity here with fans who discovered the band in the '80s, '90's and '00's.

nope. if you like Gone, you're lying and listen to Pitchfork to impress online readers.

It just shows how completely out of touch this place is with the outside U2-loving world.

I'm sure they care as much about my opinion as I do about theirs. :)

The gold disc edition of TUF was issued in the 90s why couldn't THAT have been the top 10?!?!?!?!

At the very least, I find this a fairly interesting look into the collective mind of Interference. One being so low is, in a way, remarkable.

Well, the sample size is pretty small, so only a couple zeroes skews things pretty majorly. I'd bet if more of the lurkers/casual interference readers voted on all the songs, the results would be a bit different.

Not that I'm putting down the competition or anything, since most of the people who are voting seem to be the regular posters for the most part... or at least the posters who are around during the dead period.

I'm sure they care as much about my opinion as I do about theirs. :)

The gold disc edition of TUF was issued in the 90s why couldn't THAT have been the top 10?!?!?!?!

Good point! The U2 all-time top five could go something like this!

1) The Unforgettable Fire, MFSL Gold CD
2) The Unforgettable Fire, Remaster
3) The Unforgettable Fire, Original CD
4) The Unforgettable Fire, Vinyl
5) The Unforgettable Fire, Cassette/8-Track (tie)

Beautiful.

Can't say I didn't expect it though. :up:

It's interesting to see how this turned out, shows how much touring does affect these lists. It made people rediscover certain songs, while others that were rediscovered last tour have returned to the back of people's minds. Yet some songs stay strong.

The whole thing makes me laugh because you gave the song a 10 anyway.

Like all the rest of us pretenders did. :up:

I may have given it a ten, but it didn't deserve to be number one over The Fly. A song that advertises slogans winning first place, I guess there had to be some subliminal messaging in there somewhere to make us all like it. :lol:

Sorry...I can't take any list that has songs like Gone, Lemon, HTKK, YBR and Lady With The Spinning Head and MOFO over songs like Zoo Station, EBTTRT, Mysterious Ways and One seriously. It just shows how completely out of touch this place is with the outside U2-loving world. Those may be great songs, but WTF...no serious appraisal of 90's U2 would put One at number seven-freaking-teen, BELOW Lady With The Spinning Head, a throw away B-Side. Give a break. Again, this has nothing to do with Dig's excellent work on this series, but these results are not to be taken seriously.

This is mostly just people trying to show how hip and in the know they think they are by voting for more obscure tracks. I get it...but it's just sort of silly.

Oh fuck off.

The only things that I really dislike about that 90s list are Love is Blindness, Lady With the Spinning Head and Slug being so high. Those three really have no business being ahead of Discotheque, SATS or Wild Horses.

Sorry...I can't take any list that has songs like Gone, Lemon, HTKK, YBR and Lady With The Spinning Head and MOFO over songs like Zoo Station, EBTTRT, Mysterious Ways and One seriously. It just shows how completely out of touch this place is with the outside U2-loving world. Those may be great songs, but WTF...no serious appraisal of 90's U2 would put One at number seven-freaking-teen, BELOW Lady With The Spinning Head, a throw away B-Side. Give a break. Again, this has nothing to do with Dig's excellent work on this series, but these results are not to be taken seriously.

This is mostly just people trying to show how hip and in the know they think they are by voting for more obscure tracks. I get it...but it's just sort of silly.

Our tastes are far, far, far different than the "U2 loving world outside". Who's to say that One is far better than those tracks mentioned before it? All the people to who like all the U2 hits but never venture beyond that? Fuck that shit. All they really know of are the classic U2 songs anyway. At least Interference knows about shit beyond One, Streets, Pride, Beautiful Day, and all the other U2 singles/hits. And these are all our thoughts and opinions. Don't take them seriously if you want to but it is what it is.

And for the record, I kinda like that those are all ahead of One. Sure I get that One is a great song, was the big song that held U2 together, but it's just not resonated with me like some of those other tracks do (yes, I know, "OH MY!!1! :shocked:). Besides, it's nice to see some different opinions and thoughts putting Gone, LWTSH, Lemon, etc all above One. They're just as good, if not better, than One.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom