Rest of U2 Survivor: Zooropa - Round 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Zooropa

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • Lemon

Votes: 28 33.7%
  • Dirty Day

Votes: 49 59.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My top five, in order:

One Tree Hill
The Unforgettable Fire
Bad
Heartland
A Sort Of Homecoming

I also adore Bass Trap and think it is one of the best instrumentals ever. Clearly, I win the fight for compatibility with Vazza.

coolian2 said:

It's actually the instrumental at the moment

Piano = :drool:

One Tree Hill isn't counted in my usual top five because it wouldn't be fair to the other songs btw

Haha to OTH.

I don't have the instrumental track. I might like it better without the most vapid lyrics Bono has ever written (yes, more vapid than One, which I think has its moments).

edit: and that's why i fucking hate WITS, which has the most inapt acronym ever.

Varitek said:
Vazza?

UF is like number 6...Bad is always in the top 10 of course.

But I fucking hate WITS, and here's why.

Vazza. You can't marry someone from this part of the world without your name being butchered into a last name ending in either -azza or -o. But before you whip out the divorce papers, let me remind you that I think WITS is the very definition of bland "U2 by numbers" Coldplay music.

Axver said:

Vazza. You can't marry someone from this part of the world without your name being butchered into a last name ending in either -azza or -o. But before you whip out the divorce papers, let me remind you that I think WITS is the very definition of bland "U2 by numbers" Coldplay music.

I don't get the -azza or azzo thing. Is it like poland where everyone is a -ski?

Anyway, I am the type to keep my own last name. Or in this case, my favorite baseball player's last name.

Varitek said:

Haha to OTH.

I'm tempted to afford the same luxury to Stay and TUF.

I faint every time The Edge plays the solo from the JT Paris show. I haven't watched the dvd closely but the solo that's on the bootleg makes me go numb, it goes to another level where it instantly becomes top 5.

Varitek said:
I don't get the -azza or azzo thing. Is it like poland where everyone is a -ski?

Anyway, I am the type to keep my own last name. Or in this case, my favorite baseball player's last name.

It's just that ... Australians can't speak English and I've been here too long? Something like that. Incidentally, nobody has ever successfully been able to turn my name, André, into some Australianised nickname. Azza is commonly associated with the name Aaron.

But I know Shazzas and Kazzas and Dazzas and Bazzas, so a Vazza fits right in. Alternatively, you could be Varro and fit in with Stevo, Johnno, and Gibbo.

I generally just generalize the two cultures into the equivalent of US-Canada, and know nothing more.

(Before you Kiwis get upset, this means that I think you are smaller and dependant on Australia, but far superior socially/politically. But I have very little basis for this. I can, however, tell the accents appart, and though I've never pulled off an Irish or British accent, I can do a mean New Zealand. That you would probably laugh at.)

Varitek said:

(Before you Kiwis get upset, this means that I think you are smaller and dependant on Australia, but far superior socially/politically. But I have very little basis for this. I can, however, tell the accents appart, and though I've never pulled off an Irish or British accent, I can do a mean New Zealand. That you would probably laugh at.)

Can we not get divorced

Timothius in the past argued that Australia is actually dependent on New Zealand. Vazza, you need to adopt that opinion.

coolian2 said:

Can we not get divorced

I guess Valentine's day is a poor day to break up. So we won't get divorced if you'll send me the instrumental WITS. Because I actually do like the piano a bit, even if I loathe the lyrics and dislike the overall sound of the song.

yourwildhorses @ gmail

Axver said:
Timothius in the past argued that Australia is actually dependent on New Zealand. Vazza, you need to adopt that opinion.

I have no idea who Timothius is, but like I said, I base it entirely on the US-Canada analogy, and if I admitted that, I'd have to admit we're dependent on Canada, and I can't do that, because it's not true, even if they have better social policies...

Varitek said:
I was thinking trade stats, but that's US-Canada again.

Personally, I'm thinking rugby stats. In that case, New Zealand owns Australia and then some.

I wasn't even aware there was a WITS instrumental. Where does it come from?

Thanks. Where did you get this? Do you have other U2 instrumentals? Like to Streets? Sometimes I just really don't want to be distracted by lyrics (good or bad lyrics).

Oh, it still has the silly backing. Better, but still assinine backing. And still a simple gimicky pop song that disappoints me coming from U2. (I said it. It's just like ATYCLB III.)

Varitek said:
Oh, it still has the silly backing. Better, but still assinine backing. And still a simple gimicky pop song that disappoints me coming from U2. (I said it. It's just like ATYCLB III.)

:love: I can see this marriage going well.

You need to drop that dead weight, Ian, though. His tastes are just sad. :tsk:

coolian2 said:
I stop listening for the backing

I just searched and found this thread which seems familiar to me. I don't know if the links are still active.

A slight lol at the thread starter

Ha!

See, when you were talking about instrumentals, I was figuring this was some random mix used as a b-side on a limited issue vinyl pressing in Cambodia or something. Not just removing the vocals with some software.

Axver said:

Ha!

See, when you were talking about instrumentals, I was figuring this was some random mix used as a b-side on a limited issue vinyl pressing in Cambodia or something. Not just removing the vocals with some software.

Yeah.

It's about as good as it got so i just stuck with calling it an instrumental

I think i have a pretty good Streets one somewhere though, although i don't think it's U2 as such. Back into the mysterious shadows of my hard drive

well that's embarassing. Obviously I've been looking for this stuff for a while - and I in no way had time to do it for myself - and had really bad timing with when I checked MOTI, which was never between the day before he posted and like yesterday. The links, of course, are dead.

:banghead:

I am now pulling my foot out of my mouth in that thread and begging TheFly to come back....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom