Rest of U2 Survivor: Zooropa - Round 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Zooropa

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • Lemon

Votes: 28 33.7%
  • Dirty Day

Votes: 49 59.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
coolian2 said:

There's going to be some defensive Interferers logging in tomorrow morning

That was one person. I have no idea who, but I think their post count was about 10 after posting the remaster threads.

Also, my excuse is that it's 4am and I am an insomniac short on sleep...

Axver said:
I was thinking I'd outline a thread, for those who didn't endure the HTDAAB days.

I can just see this one now.

Friends, this album is SUCH a disappointment. :sad: :(

Bono promised us molten metal !! He told us that Edge is on fire !! :bow: :bow:

But this, friends, is just ATYCLB part 3. All the songs are the same !! We've heard this all before !! Why the same pop radio shit, Bono ?? :tsk: :down:

U2 need to stop being boring and do something new. They need to write more songs like Led Zeppelin !! The Edge should ROCK again !! That would be original and exciting !! :yes: :up: :drool:

OMG, if this is the case, i'm going to be giong insane with frustration....

i think i'm going to put on my war gear a week before it comes out just to be ready for Release Day

but Axver, I don't think there will be any negative threads about Bono's voice when the new album is released :wink:

Varitek said:

That was one person. I have no idea who, but I think their post count was about 10 after posting the remaster threads.

Also, my excuse is that it's 4am and I am an insomniac short on sleep...

My bad

The people (and person) we're extracting the piss out of won't turn up regularly enough be insulted

Or they don't realise they're the people themselves

Rob33 said:

but Axver, I don't think there will be any negative threads about Bono's voice when the new album is released :wink:

Rob, Rob, Rob. How much money are you willing to bet on this?

I discovered Interference in the lead-up to Bomb, as I searched for info, and it was the Bombed out EYKIW, along with the WTF is this Pleba thing, that kept me from joining for over a year.

Rob33 said:
OMG, if this is the case, i'm going to be giong insane with frustration....

That was a fairly extreme example, but I think it was true to the style of the poster it emulated.

And trust me, there will be threads on how Bono doesn't sound good any more. Or how he sings this song or that song wrong. Or whether a certain line is sung by Edge or not. Or why Larry doesn't sing on this album. Etc., etc.

I wasn't even on here (or near here) for the pre-Bomb hype, but you don't need to be around long to accurately guess how the place will be

Odds on, if one of them farts publically in the few weeks before the album gets released there will be 26 different threads dissecting exactly what it means within 5 minutes

Varitek said:

Rob, Rob, Rob. How much money are you willing to bet on this?

I discovered Interference in the lead-up to Bomb, as I searched for info, and it was the Bombed out EYKIW, along with the WTF is this Pleba thing, that kept me from joining for over a year.

ok maybe not so much :lol:

i mean, even if his voice is absolutely brilliant on new album there's still going to be some jackass looking for trouble or upset over how good Bono is sounding that will start some sort of a thread....:rolleyes:

coolian2 said:
-WE NEED FEEDBACK ON BONOS VOICE

- EDGE IS A BETTER SINGER THAN BONO
- Does Edge sing this line?
- WOW BONO HITS A C SHARP
- Bono's Vocal Moments on the New Album
- Louder =/= better, Eno!
- Deluxe edition out of stock??!?!!!
- U2: screwing their fans - say NO to DELUXE!

coolian2 said:
I wasn't even on here (or near here) for the pre-Bomb hype, but you don't need to be around long to accurately guess how the place will be

Odds on, if one of them farts publically in the few weeks before the album gets released there will be 26 different threads dissecting exactly what it means within 5 minutes

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA

Axver said:

- EDGE IS A BETTER SINGER THAN BONO
- Does Edge sing this line?
- WOW BONO HITS A C SHARP
- Bono's Vocal Moments on the New Album
- Louder =/= better, Eno!
- Deluxe edition out of stock??!?!!!
- U2: screwing their fans - say NO to DELUXE!

hahahahahahaha nice one Ax, i like that...C SHARP!!! OMG OMG....C SHARP PEOPLE! YES, SHARP!!!

Last edited:
coolian2 said:

You even missed the epic setlist party arguments in late 2005 between timothius and I, re: Wellington vs Auckland. That truly is my best Interference memory.

- A more "human" sound this time?
- Experimental U2!!!!
- Bono seeking new direction?
- U2's music never smelt so good!

- The mixing on this album sucks this is 2008 people
- Is the 2disc Deluxe better than the 3disc Deluxe?
- Too much about Africa let it go Bono
- I think (song obviously not about Africa) is about Africa!

Oh and let's not forget the threads that you don't even have to click on to realize that they're pointless, because their titles are:

- Beautiful
- I was thinking...
- What a joke!
- Priceless moment
- what does this mean?
- my brother...

coolian2 said:
How the fuck did we miss

-[Magazine/Newspaper/Person/Toilet Stall Wall] gave [New Album] a bad review, LETS LYNCH THE FUCKERS

:lmao:

And from our dear friend Muldfeld:
- Battlestar Galactica is more insightful than this album in pop culture history

Axver said:

You even missed the epic setlist party arguments in late 2005 between timothius and I, re: Wellington vs Auckland. That truly is my best Interference memory.

I quite honestly don't know which side i'd be on now....probably Wellington

-I heard them rehearsing Bass Trap and Bonos voice have never sounded better

Edit- that grammar balls up was unintentional, but is more Interference-ally correct

Varitek said:
Oh and let's not forget the threads that you don't even have to click on to realize that they're pointless, because their titles are:
[...]
- my brother...

No, actually, this will probably be done five times, each with different results:

... hates the new album, OMG I HATE HIM!!! :rant:
... loves the new album, U2 INSPIRE NEW GENERATION WOW! :love:
... thinks the new single sounds like the Bee Gees WTF??!! :huh:
... thought this was U2's debut - OMG SO OUT OF TOUCH!!! :coocoo:
...'s name is Mittens! :cute:

I will go to sleep with the R.E.M.'s [untitled] ringing through my ears :)

this thread has been fun :lol:

good night!

Rob33 said:
hahahahahahaha nice one Ax, i like that...C SHARP!!! OMG OMG....C SHARP PEOPLE! YES, SHARP!!!

YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT!!!! After all, I read this thread on EYKIW in December 2008:

- Bono redefines rock 'n' roll singing!!

coolian2 said:

-I heard them rehearsing Bass Trap and Bonos voice have never sounded better

Incidentally, here are my current top 5, which are not in order beyond that

A Sort of Homecoming
Stay
One Tree Hill
Red Hill Mining Town
Heartland

with a nod to Exit, which has recently departed the list for Heartland, and a watch out to the list, because I'm really getting into Bass Trap right now. It would be the first instrumental to crack my "current top 5."

Varitek said:
BTW, I think I will marry you both. Does Interference accept polyandrous marriages?

Ever since the PLEBAns decided they want to marry all four of the guys at once, yes.

And anyway, Ian and I are Kiwis. Just as long as we get a sheep each, we're cool.

I may as well share my present top 5 in this wonderfully cyclical conversation

No particular order

Zooropa
Window In The Skies
The Unforgettable Fire
New Year's Day
Stay

Slow Dancing is very, very close to hitting the top 5. Not a bad effort for a song that i'd hardly listened to before a few days ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom