Rest of U2 Survivor: Zooropa - Round 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Zooropa

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • Lemon

Votes: 28 33.7%
  • Dirty Day

Votes: 49 59.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
theFly51 said:
Lemon
the studio version was ok...could've been a little bit better but performing it live didn't work for me IMO. Bono's falsetto wasn't really hitting those notes and just didn't fit for me.

Im sticking with Dirty Day for the win, even though the album version wasnt as good as the live version it's still a great and underratted song and was played great. (Sydney, Adelaide, Tokyo) Really love this song.

As for Zooropa, I know it'll probably win (and it should for it's unique-ness and great direction) I just wished it would've been played more. When it was played in London, the effects and sounds was way better than the album version. but it's a great song and I love it also.

But over all, both Dirty Day and Zooropa are great songs and I'll be happy if either one wins.

You the survivor competitons are meant to be based on studio versions only, yes?

COBL_04 said:

You the survivor competitons are meant to be based on studio versions only, yes?

yes. And SDABTO lost because it's a shit song. I could start a thread about it but that might end badly. :wink:

coolian2 said:

Although if it went anything like the One fucking sucks thread it would be brilliant

Both are true - it was like an explosion: brilliant, but ended badly.

(and nobody likes SDABTO as fervently as One, so the people who don't like it aren't as passionate in their dislike, so it would probably only last 2-3 pages max. I'd rather have one about Ultraviolet because Axver is crazy on that one.)

I think if such a thread were to exist, I would not dignify it with a post. :wink:

I could always just post a thread that J. Swallow fucking kills Ultra Violet and see if anybody takes me seriously.

fetch.dll

continued my Dirty Day voting spree....i'm pretty sure i've voted for this song every single round :)

lets face it, it's a mediocre to decent song, leaning more towards the decent side when played live....but c'mon...the studio version especially just lacks the energy and melody that the great U2 songs have...i cannot believe it has made it this far...I can't find one redeeming quality in this song, honestly....it's just dull, simply put...nothing jumps out at me when i listen to it, and wanderer should've destroyed this song :shrug:

that aside, the next 2 rounds have to be the most pointless, wasteful 96 hours of interference history

let's see here :hmm:

zooropa- 2
lemon- 17
dirty song- 22

yeah...that really requires 96 hours of waiting and discussing...alright enough of this, i gotta get ready for this incredible finish to Zooropa

IT'S A NAIL BITER PEOPLE!!!

:tsk:

Last edited:
Axver said:
I could always just post a thread that J. Swallow fucking kills Ultra Violet and see if anybody takes me seriously.

J. Swallow is good early U2 (when was it recorded btw?) - and jokes aside, obviously One Tree Hill is miles above Ultraviolet, as are several songs on AB itself. But Ultraviolet does not deserve the hate you cast upon it. :madspit:

Rob33 said:

zooropa- 2
lemon- 17
dirty song- 22

yeah...that really requires 96 hours of waiting and discussing...alright enough of this, i gotta get ready for this incredible finish to Zooropa

The next round will end with a mercy rule within a few hours. For Corri's sleep schedule's sake, we could all agree to vote as soon as it opens, and it could end in minutes.

Rob33 said:
continued my Dirty Day voting spree....i'm pretty sure i've voted for this song every single round :)

lets face it, it's a mediocre to decent song, leaning more towards the decent side when played live....but c'mon...the studio version especially just lacks the energy and melody that the great U2 songs have...i cannot believe it has made it this far...I can't find one redeeming quality in this song, honestly....it's just dull, simply put...nothing jumps out at me when i listen to it, and wanderer should've destroyed this song :shrug:

that aside, the next 2 rounds have to be the most pointless, wasteful 96 hours of interference history

zooropa- 2
lemon- 17
dirty song- 22

We have to do something to make the place more bearable before it gets really unbearable when the next album comes out

coolian2 said:

We have to do something to make the place more bearable before it gets really unbearable when the next album comes out

During the U23D takes over era, this poll was often the only other thread on the front page.

Varitek said:
J. Swallow is good early U2 (when was it recorded btw?) - and jokes aside, obviously One Tree Hill is miles above Ultraviolet, as are several songs on AB itself. But Ultraviolet does not deserve the hate you cast upon it. :madspit:

I think J. Swallow's just from the October sessions. It's probably my least favourite song from the era; it's too incomplete and I wish they'd had time to do something more substantial with it.

Admittedly, Ultra Violet is better than J. Swallow in composition and performance ability and all that. But at the end of the day, if I have to hear one word repeated ad nauseum in a song, I'll take 'walk' over 'baby'.

Axver said:

I think J. Swallow's just from the October sessions. It's probably my least favourite song from the era; it's too incomplete and I wish they'd had time to do something more substantial with it.

Admittedly, Ultra Violet is better than J. Swallow in composition and performance ability and all that. But at the end of the day, if I have to hear one word repeated ad nauseum in a song, I'll take 'walk' over 'baby'.

HA on the lyrics. Obviously it's not finished, but I think it had great potential, and if you ignore Bono there's some really great stuff coming from the rest of the band, especially Larry. But this is like criticisms of Mercy - sure there are some issues with the lyrics, mixing, whether it crecendos or not - but it is incomplete, and has brilliant potential (at least on my side of the Mercy fence). I agree that it would have been nice if they'd decided to do something more substantial with it.... much like all of Pop.

Oh, well, if J. Swallow is October's Mercy, then I can't like it at all any more then. :wink:

coolian2 said:

wait, exactly why will it get "unbearable" around here when new album is released?

Rob33 said:
wait, exactly why will it get "unbearable" around here when new album is released?

The lovers vs haters debate will surely be intense, longwinded, and thoroughly pointless.

Predicted front page of EYKIW for new album:

-Why Is U2 charging so much for the deluxe edition in Canada?!?!
-OMG I JUST HEARD IT+Sooooo good+first listen+The (Album name here) discussion (Merged)
-Track 1 discussion thread
-The cover art discussion thread
-Track 7 discussion THE BEST
-The old Mercy was better
-The new mercy is great (and I hated the old one)+OMG MERCY (merged)
-can old people handle listening to this?
-So this is "molten metal"
-Mercy still fucking sucks and here's why+I hate Mercy (merged)
-:sad: Bono lied - this is ATYCLB part 3
- I have a hearing aid - will this album still work for me?
-Give us some real bonus material next time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom