Rest of U2 Survivor: Zooropa - Round 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Your Least Favorite Song: Vote For It

• Zooropa

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Lemon

Votes: 8 10.0%
  • Dirty Day

Votes: 25 31.3%
  • The Wanderer

Votes: 44 55.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
GirlsAloudFan said:
I had feared I was the only one with moral fiber strong enough to admit to being in love with both U2 and the Aloud :up:

I have a thing for British pop. It's awesome.

I'm peeved that the only way I can get my hands on their new CD is via import prices, though. Even used, it's still like $20. :mad:

... there are people on this planet who like Girls Aloud? :ohmy:

Axver said:
I can't understand your hate for the falsetto in Lemon. I like it.

I just hope to see you foaming at the mouth during ATYCLB rounds in an anti-IALW fervour. Now that is what you call poor singing.

1) I'm not a big falsetto fan.

2) I think falsetto can be used well, and Bono has done it before (the example I always throw out is the live version of Dirty Day). It should be sparingly.

Suitingly, my favorite part of the song is when Bono doesn't sing falsetto. I just hear that and think, "Wow! If only he'd sung like that the whole time, this would be one of my favorite songs! What a fucking waste of an opportunity."

corianderstem said:
Bwa ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaa! Awesome.

I hope bigdumbpopstem is going to be an alter coming soon to an Interference near me. notAxver needs a rival. :wink:

phillyfan26 said:
1) I'm not a big falsetto fan.

2) I think falsetto can be used well, and Bono has done it before (the example I always throw out is the live version of Dirty Day). It should be sparingly.

Suitingly, my favorite part of the song is when Bono doesn't sing falsetto. I just hear that and think, "Wow! If only he'd sung like that the whole time, this would be one of my favorite songs! What a fucking waste of an opportunity."

I just ... can't agree with you. I think the falsetto as it is used perfectly suits the intended aesthetic of Lemon and it just wouldn't be right any other way.

I think it was fine during the chorus when Edge sang, and to contrast his speaking parts like "A man builds a city."

It's just ... the verses. If they weren't in falsetto, I'd love it. It just ruins the whole thing for me.

Please, please die, Wanderer. I don't like you. I never did. Just please go. You helped kill off one of the better tunes on the record. :mad:

No spoken words said:
Alicia, did you know that Axver was rai....eh, forget it.

Hey, New South Wales, have I ever told you that Sydney sucks?

phillyfan26 said:
It's just ... the verses. If they weren't in falsetto, I'd love it. It just ruins the whole thing for me.

I understand that's how you feel. BUT... it's the whole Macphisto thing... the song just wouldn't be right without the "purposely over the top falsetto" to match Macphisto's crazy image! :love:

Bono's facial expressions in the video FTW!!!

bono_man2002 said:
Shouldn't you be on a Wellington tram bound for Australia?

Yes he should be, Mr "Hey, let's get off at Union Square!" :wink:

Zootlesque said:
I understand that's how you feel. BUT... it's the whole Macphisto thing... the song just wouldn't be right without the "purposely over the top falsetto" to match Macphisto's crazy image! :love:

Bono's facial expressions in the video FTW!!!

Again ... having a good video's fine, but I like a song to be seperate from its video. I think that argument fails if you're listening to the song not knowing it's MacPhisto.

No spoken words said:
Go and marry him.

Oh, you'd like that, wouldn't you? Well maybe I just will! You and Bob Loblaw think you've got me allllllllllllllllll figured out. Well listen, mister. You don't know the first thing about me!

And who do you think you are, anyway? I'm somebody! In fact, I make more money than Calvin Coolidge .... PUT TOGETHER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom