Rest of U2 Survivor: Zooropa - Round 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Zooropa

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Babyface

Votes: 34 38.2%
  • Lemon

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Daddy's Gonna Pay ...

Votes: 24 27.0%
  • Dirty Day

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • The Wanderer

Votes: 24 27.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

corianderstem

Blue Crack Distributor
Some Days Are Better Than Others met the bouncer who wouldn't let him in, and he was kicked out with 35 votes.

VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVORITE SONG

Polls will remain open for 48 hours, unless one song has taken enough of a beating after a day or so, in which case we'll call it an act of mercy and move on to the next round.

Songs in this round:

- Zooropa
- Babyface
- Lemon
- Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car
- Dirty Day
- The Wanderer

Criteria for song selection (at least for the albums): anything on the regular pressings of the Best Of 1980-1990, Best Of 1990-2000, and U2:18 is excluded.

I was going to wait until the poll had closed, but I don't think I can stay awake for another 20 minutes, so I figured I'd better do it now.

Babyface for me.

Daddy's Gonna Pay... even though I love that opening and great beat throughout. But the song gets a little bit boring later on. Babyface is slightly better.

Babyface. I don't mind if Daddy's Gonna Pay perishes, but you philistines better not kick out The Wanderer. :mad:

the tourist said:
I'm going to hold onto my vote and see what happens at this point.

I'll bake you a muffin if you vote for Babyface.

Oh, wait, that only really works on Melburnian Interferencers. I suppose I could still bake you the muffin and then eat it for you too. :wink:

Axver said:

I'll bake you a muffin if you vote for Babyface.

Oh, wait, that only really works on Melburnian Interferencers. I suppose I could still bake you the muffin and then eat it for you too. :wink:

I voted for Babyface.

A muffin sounds really good right now after a night at "the club" watching a sea of privileged white people jump up and down to the sounds of a shitty 50 Cent remix :no:

But 'Daddy's Gonna Pay...' is my least favorite here.

Could the Zooropa title track possibly be the most underrated song in the U2 catalogue??? Goddam it is beautiful...

Looks like I'll be eating muffins for two people then. :wink:

And the most under-rated song in the U2 catalogue has got to be Treasure or Wild Irish Rose.

While I don't hate Babyface like a lot of you seem to, I had to stick my vote somewhere, and it's just a cut below the other tracks remaining.

The voting's gonna get really tough starting on the next round though (presuming Babyface gets voted off.) Things aren't looking good for Daddy's Gonna Pay right now though, which is surprising. I figured it was more popular. The bassline people, the bassline. That song is so gritty and sexy. If I were a stripper, I would totally strip to that song :combust:

'Wild Irish Rose' :drool:

Why did Bono not want to polish that song up and stick it on either 'Achtung' or 'Zooropa'???

Oh well.

Axver said:
And the most under-rated song in the U2 catalogue has got to be Treasure or Wild Irish Rose.
I don't underrate Wild Irish Rose. That song freaking almost made me believe Stephen King's Dark Tower series was real.

(That is, assuming that Bono wrote the song after seeing Pere Callahan drinking Wild Irish Rose in the lobby of the Million Dollar Hotel during his travels between alternate Americas, and then was thus inspired by Gan and the song of the Turtle to write about Roland and Susan's love affair in Mejis and Roland's subsequent travels..... :nerd: :reject: )

Voted for Daddy`s Gonna Pay...!
Babyface is next on my list though.
After that it`s gonna be hard for me.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom