Rest of U2 Survivor: Zooropa - Round 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Zooropa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Babyface

Votes: 20 20.6%
  • Lemon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Daddy's Gonna Pay ...

Votes: 11 11.3%
  • Some Days Are ...

Votes: 35 36.1%
  • Dirty Day

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • The Wanderer

Votes: 26 26.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

corianderstem

Blue Crack Distributor
The Fly emerged victorious over Acrobat in a torturous battle, and there was much wailing and rending of garments.

On to Zooropa!

VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVORITE SONG

Polls will remain open for 48 hours, unless one song has taken enough of a beating after a day or so, in which case we'll call it an act of mercy and move on to the next round.

Songs in this round:

- Zooropa
- Babyface
- Lemon
- Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car
- Some Days Are Better Than Others
- Dirty Day
- The Wanderer

Criteria for song selection (at least for the albums): anything on the regular pressings of the Best Of 1980-1990, Best Of 1990-2000, and U2:18 is excluded.

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I like every song on this album, so I don't really know what to pick. I guess the Wanderer.

SDABTO has some pretty good music, even if Bono clearly wasn't trying on the lyrics.

Babyface is complete shit and I will be surprised if it doesn't go in a landslide.

My personal rankings:

1. Zooropa
2. Lemon
Stay
Numb

3. The Wanderer
4. Dirty Day
5. Some Days Are Better Than Others
The First Time
6. Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car
7. Babyface

If the studio version were as good as the live version, Dirty Day would probably be my #1.

It was almost a toss-up for me between Babyface and Some Days. I really don't care for either.

I can't vote for The Wanderer because Johnny Cash rules. And the lyrics are awesome.

1. Zooropa
Stay
2. Some Days Are Better Than Others
3. Lemon
4. Dirty Day
5. Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car
6. Babyface
The First Time
Numb
7. The Wanderer

This album is basically perfection. I would put the first four on this list among my top 20.

it's a shame the poll participation for Zooropa is going to drop...I vote every round regardless of what's going on, if i like the album, if i like the remaining songs, etc. Everyone has to have some sort of opinion...maybe people are just too lazy to go back and listen to an album that probably gets very little attention these days...who knows :|

Wow, LM, here I was, thinking I was one of this forum's biggest fans of SDABTO, and there you go putting it 2nd/3rd. I remember when I first bought "Pop" - they gave me the Zooropa disc instead but I didn't realise and skipped straight to track seven to hear Gone ... only to find something totally different. Enjoyed it ever since though.

corianderstem said:
I can't vote for The Wanderer because Johnny Cash rules. And the lyrics are awesome.

I don't get this forum's hate for The Wanderer. I think it's a great song, with some of Bono's best lyrics.

Axver said:
Wow, LM, here I was, thinking I was one of this forum's biggest fans of SDABTO, and there you go putting it 2nd/3rd.

The lyrics are sloppy, but clever and occasionally humorous. The music? Fantastic. One of Adam's best bass lines, and I adore the fuzzbox solo. There aren't many here who bash its musical content, but for some reason I find its lyrics forgivable.

I haven't been following this game much, but I decided to vote this time - Some Days is the worst here by far.

Is there a results post/thread anywhere?

DaveC said:
Is there a results post/thread anywhere?

If memory serves correctly, the winners are:

Boy: The Electric Co.
October: Gloria
War: Like A Song
UF: A Sort Of Homecoming
JT: One Tree Hill
RAH: Heartland
Achtung: Acrobat

And I expect the title track should prevail for Zooropa. Lemon is probably its only serious competition.

Voting for Dirty Day just because the remix is so horrible that it reflects badly on the original.

dirty day is awesome, the did such brilliant things with it live..

some days are better than others i always find fits me so well i couldnt vote it off.

i love this album, my vote here is the wanderer, i dont hate it, its ok as an album closer, but i dont think its as strong as the others.

mysterious_jen said:
dirty day is awesome, the did such brilliant things with it live..

some days are better than others i always find fits me so well i couldnt vote it off.

i love this album, my vote here is the wanderer, i dont hate it, its ok as an album closer, but i dont think its as strong as the others.

:hug: Sums it up for me.

I'm expecting the next couple of rounds to be pretty predictable. Should get interesting after round 3.

Axver said:

If memory serves correctly, the winners are:

Boy: The Electric Co.
October: Gloria
War: Like A Song
UF: A Sort Of Homecoming
JT: One Tree Hill
RAH: Heartland
Achtung: Acrobat

And I expect the title track should prevail for Zooropa. Lemon is probably its only serious competition.

what? Acrobat didn't win Achtung...it was the Fly, Ax...remember that disaster...:tsk:

I believe the rest of that list is correct though.

Last edited:
I'm amazed The Wanderer is getting hammered more than Babyface. In fact, I'm surprised this isn't an anti-Babyface landslide. I thought that was one of the most hated U2 songs around.

Rob33 said:

what? Acrobat didn't win Achtung...it was the Fly, Ax...remember that disaster...:tsk:

I believe the rest of that list is correct though.

Oops, yes. Just doing my part to try to change history. :wink:

I voted for The Wanderer. It's one of my least favourite U2 songs. I find a lot of my least favourite U2 songs are the ones with guest artists (like When Love Comes To Town and the IGWSHA single version of Slow Dancing).

Wow, I didn't think the first round would be so difficult for me to choose... but I really can't decide yet. :hmm:

the tourist said:
I voted for The Wanderer. It's one of my least favourite U2 songs. I find a lot of my least favourite U2 songs are the ones with guest artists (like When Love Comes To Town and the IGWSHA single version of Slow Dancing).

I think the collaborations are a mixed bag. The Wanderer and WLCTT are both fantastic if you ask me, though not in the top four of their respective albums nonetheless. But I agree on the version of Slow Dancing on the IGWSHA single, and I can't stand Love Rescue Me or One with Blige.

Axver said:
I'm amazed The Wanderer is getting hammered more than Babyface. In fact, I'm surprised this isn't an anti-Babyface landslide. I thought that was one of the most hated U2 songs around.

I'm surprised The Wanderer is getting hammered so badly as well. Personally I expected Some Days and Babyface to be the first two eliminated. It still could happen that way. But acually, Babyface is my 3rd favourite song off the album after the title track and The First Time. Stay would be higher if the production didn't kill the song for me.

the tourist said:
But acually, Babyface is my 3rd favourite song off the album after the title track and The First Time.

:tsk:

I'm trying to figure out what you might see in that song.

But I can't.

Back
Top Bottom