Rest of U2 Survivor: Zooropa - Round 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Zooropa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Babyface

Votes: 20 20.6%
  • Lemon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Daddy's Gonna Pay ...

Votes: 11 11.3%
  • Some Days Are ...

Votes: 35 36.1%
  • Dirty Day

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • The Wanderer

Votes: 26 26.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Zootlesque said:
If you got into the band with ATYCLB, there is a good chance you will not understand much of Zooropa.

I just had to make this:

atyclb.jpg

Zootlesque said:
Exactly!!! Thank you!

If you got into the band with ATYCLB, there is a good chance you will not understand much of Zooropa.

Those silly assumptions don't work. ATYCLB was the first U2 album I owned. I only had the Best Of 1980-1990 before that.

I rate Zooropa as U2's best nineties album (unless you count Passengers), while ATYCLB is easily my least favourite U2 album.

Though, DOL13, holy shit that's funny! :lmao:

phillyfan26 said:
I have The Fly and Acrobat. You could be born in 2000. :shrug:

1987: I've got Streets, WOWY, RTSS, RHMT, One Tree Hill, Exit, MOTD, Luminous Times, Spanish Eyes, and technically Heartland too.

1991: You've got The Fly, Acrobat, and LIB.

1987 for the win. :drool:

Though, yeah, 2000 is an epic fail. The Ground Beneath Her Feet's about all they've got going for them.

PlaTheGreat said:
More like...

[Image removed for the good of humanity]

Every time that image is posted, one more rock band calls it quits.

Axver said:

I feel for you.

Now, the year of my birth got The Joshua Tree. Only people born in 1984 could possibly argue they're doing better, and they don't have One Tree Hill.

I was born in '84. :wink:

'73. Hmm. That gets me Innervisions and The Wild, The Innocent and the E Street Shuffle.

I can live with that.

(I also got that stupid "Tie a Yellow Ribbon Round the Old Oak Tree" song, but we won't count that.)

corianderstem said:
'73. Hmm. That gets me Innervisions and The Wild, The Innocent and the E Street Shuffle.

I can live with that.

(I also got that stupid "Tie a Yellow Ribbon Round the Old Oak Tree" song, but we won't count that.)

You also get Band on the Run and Mind Games.

'64 - that gives me The Beatles: A Hard Days Night, For Sale, Beach Boys, Bob Dylan, The Kinks, Motown,... 64 FTW :D

icon_ftw.gif

Snap. All I got was The Unforgettable Fire. Then again, that album's my second favourite U2 album.

Axver said:

If memory serves correctly, the winners are:

Boy: The Electric Co.
October: Gloria
War: Like A Song
UF: A Sort Of Homecoming
JT: One Tree Hill
RAH: Heartland
Achtung: Acrobat

And I expect the title track should prevail for Zooropa. Lemon is probably its only serious competition.

Great choices all around. The final's going to be insane.

Last edited:
Lila64 said:
'64 - that gives me The Beatles: A Hard Days Night, For Sale, Beach Boys, Bob Dylan, The Kinks, Motown,... 64 FTW :D

Yuck. I think I'll stick with 1987.

/heresy

the tourist said:
Snap. All I got was The Unforgettable Fire. Then again, that album's my second favourite U2 album.

You also get Marillion's Fugazi and REM's Reckoning. :drool:

Oh, and for the record, 1991 was a great year for music. Ten, Loveless, Achtung Baby, Low End Theory, Nevermind, Screamadelica, Blue Lines...'91 defined the whole decade. :p

LemonMelon said:
But you hate Motown music, so I have no idea what the hell to think anymore. :sad:

No, I don't hate Motown. Haven't heard enough to hate it. The bits I've heard have done nothing for me and not given me the faintest urge to look into it, that's all.

Axver said:

No, I don't hate Motown. Haven't heard enough to hate it. The bits I've heard have done nothing for me and not given me the faintest urge to look into it, that's all.

Then why the "yuck"? :tsk:

I simply refuse to believe that you were referring to The Beatles. I don't think I could ever take in such heresy. :down: :wink:

BrownEyedBoy said:
I will never cease to be perplexed with this forum's loathing for Babyface. :scratch:

:shrug: Same here. Nice grinding guitar, unusual subject matter for the band, and the xylophone is a nice touch. I have no problem with it.

BrownEyedBoy said:
I will never cease to be perplexed with this forum's loathing for Babyface. :scratch:

It's actually improved since last time though, so at least that's a positive. It was easily the first one voted off in the Non-Single Survivor tournament way back when.

This time, it looks like it may have a chance to stick around for a few rounds.

Progress...

i'd rather listen to ANYTHING 2000+ than numb, dirty day, daddy's gonna pay...those songs just simply don't affect me at all...they are actually quite boring and the melodies are poor to say the least...i'll take the soaring OOTS over a repetitive, almost annoying (after a few listens) Numb...and don't give me that bullshit arguement, "but it's Numb! that's why it sounds like Edge is in a coma, and he speaks in the same dull, boring tone for 4 minutes! that's why! it's purposeful!"- yeah, right...IMO it's a poor effort to get across this "numb" message...there's other ways to do this than literally making the song annoying and painful to sit through more than a few times...

despite all this, however, I think Zooropa is a fine album overall...my favorite track being Stay- one of my all time favorite U2 songs :)

Back
Top Bottom