Rest of U2 Survivor: Zooropa - Round 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Zooropa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Babyface

Votes: 20 20.6%
  • Lemon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Daddy's Gonna Pay ...

Votes: 11 11.3%
  • Some Days Are ...

Votes: 35 36.1%
  • Dirty Day

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • The Wanderer

Votes: 26 26.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Do I detect some local bias in picking the Dirty Day performance?

Not really - maybe a little, but I like that concert for other reasons. I like how lax Bono is for most of it. I think he might be somewhat wasted.

That particular version of Dirty Day is my favourite anyway, it's all kinds of rocking. Though I haven't seen the full concert for sometime, I don't have the files anymore. That was one of the main reasons I was thinking of a DVD/rocking new zealand trade. :(

coolian2 said:
I don't like Dirty Day from Adelaide, it lacks the explosiveness that Sydney has.

Or not so much don't like, but not such a fan of.

But that version kicks ass!!! The end solo just rocks! Better than the Sydney one IMO

I like the Adelaide gig overall better than Sydney, not sure if it's the business with Adam, or the band having their typical "dvd-filming-night" off-night, but Adelaide just seems like a tighter performance.

Axver said:
I agree about ATYCLB, but I can't decide whether Achtung or HTDAAB is second-worst. Achtung's good songs are great, while HTDAAB's good songs are mediocre, but as an album, HTDAAB is a more organised piece.

As any lover of quality atmospheric, evocative, beautiful, ethereal music would. It's an extremely impressive piece of work that is grossly under-appreciated by the standard "OMG PRIDE AND ONE" U2 fans. I would say it is the greatest burst of originality to come from U2 since The Unforgettable Fire. I wish they had more eagerly pursued other mould-breaking projects rather than returning to bland tried-and-true formulas.

Man, you're a strange one! :lol: I agree with you completely on Passengers. Your opinion on Achtung is bonkers because it is not only the best U2 album, it is THE greatest album ever made! :wink: ATYCLB deserves a bit more credit than you give it but it is still among the worst although not as bad as HTDAAB. There... fixed. ;)

The Sad Punk said:
That particular version of Dirty Day is my favourite anyway, it's all kinds of rocking. Though I haven't seen the full concert for sometime, I don't have the files anymore. That was one of the main reasons I was thinking of a DVD/rocking new zealand trade. :(

I'm pretty bloody sure I've got the Adelaide DVD somewhere. :)

Eazy-V said:
hey axver... any chance of getting my hands on that?

Do you have broadband Internet and know how to use bit torrent? If so, you can probably find it on U2torrents.com.

If not - I don't trade any more but I might be able to help out.

Axver, what's your email address? 'Cause I want to do this thing, I'm just asking for easy to find videos, like the Basel and Adelaide Zoo shows, as well as any cool stuff prior to that.

Yes, there will still be a picture of New Zealand getting it's prog on. And money for blank discs (or whatever).

Actually, I don't think I can help with Basel - I don't recall ever getting around to acquiring that particular DVD. I've got a fair bit of other stuff though. E-mail is amakaxver[at]gmail.com :)

I'll try to dig out my list of shows ...

Back
Top Bottom