Rest of U2 Survivor: War - Round 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Seconds

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Like a Song

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Drowning Man

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • The Refugee

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Two Hearts Beat As One

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Red Light

Votes: 37 67.3%
  • Surrender

Votes: 2 3.6%

Votes: 3 5.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Really? I think Two Hearts Beat As One is one of their best songs from the Lillywhite era. It's definitely in my personal top 10 of 1980-1983.

Axver said:

Yeah, I expect a lot of this round's Red Light voters will move to The Refugee next round. I won't though; THBAO has got to go. The Refugee's good, WOH WOAH!

I thought it was "Waaaar!" or is that just a myth? :hmm:

bonocomet said:

I used to think that, actually. But the more I listened the more I thought it was just woah-woah.

the tourist said:
Really? I think Two Hearts Beat As One is one of their best songs from the Lillywhite era. It's definitely in my personal top 10 of 1980-1983.

What's this, we disagree? :ohmy: I think it's a kinda weak song. Not really bad, but pretty unremarkable. Certainly compared to the rest of War (including Red Light), it lacks thematic depth.

bonocomet said:

Doesn't sound remotely like "war" to me. Definitely more an 'o' than an 'a' sound, and there's no 'r' sound at the end, not even a soft one.

For what it's worth, U2Wanderer has "woah woah".

Yeah I just remember a long time ago seeing it said somewhere that it was "war". (And I have seen it listed that way in some online lyrics too.... ) But I did wonder if that was incorrect. Thanks :)
Anyway... great song... I hope it makes it thru here for awhile... won't make much sense if it loses next round and has no votes here.

Last edited:
Axver said:

What's this, we disagree? :ohmy: I think it's a kinda weak song. Not really bad, but pretty unremarkable. Certainly compared to the rest of War (including Red Light), it lacks thematic depth.

Ahh, I'm sure there're other little disagreements over songs here and there. I've never been a big fan of the Bass Traps of the world. Hahaha. I just like it (Two Hearts) cuz it's fun and danceable, and fits nicely on a mix in between Editors and The Killers, or bands like those.

bonocomet said:
Yeah I just remember a long time ago seeing it said somewhere that it was "war". (And I have seen it listed that way in some online lyrics too.... ) But I did wonder if that was incorrect. Thanks :)
Anyway... great song... I hope it makes it thru here for awhile... won't make much sense if it loses next round and has no votes here.

It probably would've fit nicely if they had said "war" instead of "woah," as it would fit thematically with the album.... Oh well!

How are folk votin' for Drownink Man?

I'll be all anti-Surrender and anti-40 once Red Light departs....

the tourist said:
Ahh, I'm sure there're other little disagreements over songs here and there. I've never been a big fan of the Bass Traps of the world. Hahaha. I just like it (Two Hearts) cuz it's fun and danceable, and fits nicely on a mix in between Editors and The Killers, or bands like those.

Not a fan of the Bass Traps of this world? :sad: Oh well, fair's fair: The Killers make me want to vomit and I think I'll avoid any mix featuring them and THBAO. Maybe that's why I don't like THBAO, it fits too well with their kind of rubbish- er, music. :wink:

Hahaha, what can I say? I'm a sucker for rock music with new-wave/disco-esque beats.

So I take it you're not coming to my next death metal listening party? :wink:

Naw, I get enough of that at work. The guy who plays it is a self-proclaimed viking and calls the various types of metal he plays his "viking rock" as most of it's from Sweden, Finland, Norway, etc.

the tourist said:
Naw, I get enough of that at work. The guy who plays it is a self-proclaimed viking and calls the various types of metal he plays his "viking rock" as most of it's from Sweden, Finland, Norway, etc.

Hah. I'm not at all into the viking-themed metal bands. I usually find them either cliche or boring (or often both). I'm more an atmospheric metal guy. Who's shocked?

j0407172.jpg

I was a kid when War came out, and we all loved the album start to finish. I don't suppose I'd feel the same attachment to some of the songs if I'd come to the album much later. But as it is, I still remember how cool I thought Red Light sounded at the time, so I'm unable to hate the song like some of you are.

I don't know if I hear Red Light or The Refugee more than once every couple years or so. They're just songs I feel an emotional attachment to.

:drool: I give you my love, love, love....:combust:

THBAO sounds like everything else the band was doing except slightly worse. :madspit:

Red Light...nuff said. ( it`s a goner )

Cheers ,

Mauwer

p.s. War is somehow easier for me to choose coz overall it`s not as good as Boy or October ( that might be just me?:wink: )

Next round could be interesting...there might just be enough of us who like Refugee to make a game of it.

I'll probably vote Surrender :reject:

Back
Top Bottom