Rest of U2 Survivor: The Unforgettable Fire - Round 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• A Sort of Homecoming

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wire

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Promenade

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Indian Summer Sky

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • MLK

Votes: 29 46.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Or, just to secure its win, loop it a third time, and have it replay again with "oh" being sun over "sea."

I love all of these songs. This is the hardest vote yet out of any of these battles. I worship MLK but I kinda agree with Axvers assesment and as such it has to go.
Promenade to win! One of my favourite songs of all time.

If it weren't for ASOH, I'd want Promenade to win, and if it does in fact triumph, I would not object.

MLK needs to go...it's a pity that EPAA went. In my opinion EPAA and ISS are both great songs.

ASOH and Promenade are both awesome, but I think ASOH is better, great lyrics, great drums.

Axver said:
If it weren't for ASOH, I'd want Promenade to win, and if it does in fact triumph, I would not object.

That would be the toughest choice if those two are left for the last round.

I really love both songs:drool:
It will break my heart to choose:wink:

Cheers ,

Mauwer

The toughest choice for me here is going to be the Wire/Promenade. They're both excellent in completely different ways.

ISS for me. I like it, but it almost sounds like an early demo/outtake of Wire to me, so it gets my vote over MLK.

I'll be more surprised if MLK goes out this round. I know a lot of people here don't consider it as worthy because it's too short, not a song, no music, etc... but ISS doesn't have that move you to goosebumps factor that MLK can have on people, which is what holds it up here I think.

I'm sort of surprised that so many people want ISS out. I mean, I adore all of them and probably most people do, but one does have to go. I just wonder why people so dislike ISS as opposed to Wire for example...

Huh, well I chose Wire myself, though I do love it. It'll be sad to see either ISS or MLK go; they are both such amazing songs. I will be happy to see any of these win though; they are all really fantastic songs.

bonocomet said:
I'll be more surprised if MLK goes out this round. I know a lot of people here don't consider it as worthy because it's too short, not a song, no music, etc... but ISS doesn't have that move you to goosebumps factor that MLK can have on people, which is what holds it up here I think.

:shrug: Each to their own. I don't know how anyone could find something as insubstantial as MLK as moving as ISS. MLK is just some nice lyrics. ISS is a fully fleshed out song with all the associated benefits for the listener.

If it goes out this round, then that's a terrible reflection on EYKIW voters.

Well I don't think it would be a terrible reflection, but a reflection of the to each their own anyways. Either way, the current tie reflects that already anyway. Maybe what I was trying to say is that it doesn't need to be a fully fleshed out song for people to find it moving. It isn't just the lyrics. I don't know, I guess I can't explain it after all. :shrug:

I like Indian Summer Sky, don't get me wrong, and I MUCH prefer it to MLK, but bonocomet's right there. It doesn't move you to goosbumps. A very good song no doubt, but it doesn't go much further than that for me.

Good to see there's been 50 votes and not one of them has been for A Sort of Homecoming, which is in my top ten now, and one of their very best 80s songs.

Back
Top Bottom