Rest of U2 Survivor: THE SHOWDOWN - Round 9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Electric Co

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Gloria

Votes: 9 16.4%
  • Sort of Homecoming, A

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • One Tree Hill

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Heartland

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Fly, The

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Zooropa

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Please

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • City of Blinding Lights

Votes: 17 30.9%
  • Ground Beneath Her Feet, The

Votes: 9 16.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

corianderstem

Blue Crack Distributor
WAY HEY HEY is out.

VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVORITE SONG

Polls will remain open for 24 hours.

Songs in this round:

- The Electric Co
- Gloria
- A Sort of Homecoming
- One Tree Hill
- Heartland
- The Fly
- Zooropa
- Please
- City of Blinding Lights
- The Ground Beneath Her Feet

Criteria for song selection (at least for the albums): anything on the regular pressings of the Best Of 1980-1990, Best Of 1990-2000, and U2:18 is excluded.

These songs are the winners of all the rounds, facing off to find ONE SONG TO RULE THEM (all the non-singles) ALL.

Spanish Eyes never should have been eliminated earlier than COBL. Let's get this disaster of production out of here.

desserts_cobbler_berry_300x450.jpg

walking-cobblestones.jpg

Honestly, my least favorite of these is probably The Fly. Strange, I know, but the rest are just so good. Plus, the mixing is atrocious. Maybe not as bad as COBL, but still terrible.

Thank God, it looks like after COBL we are finally gonna get rid of Electric co.

I'm sick to death of voting for it.

And after we get rid of Electric co. were goin to Heartland.....

And then to Gloria....

And to Zooropa....

And on to One Tree Hill....

And to Ground beneath feet....

And to the Fly....

And on to Michigan....

And North Dakota....

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

howarddeanmad.jpg

Heh, the final five will all be songs produced during the Eno-heyday...glad to see "Please" has doubled in votes.

What's with the "City" backlash? I'd only take "The Fly" (my #2) and "A Sort Of Homecoming" (my #6) over it.

LemonMelon said:
Honestly, my least favorite of these is probably The Fly. Strange, I know, but the rest are just so good. Plus, the mixing is atrocious. Maybe not as bad as COBL, but still terrible.

I'm inclined to agree, actually. The Fly used to be my favourite song, and the studio version still has a sort of apocalyptic feel to it that I really like, but it actually feels rather bland now. Won't be voting for it next round, but it's not in my top 5 here.

Axver said:
Spanish Eyes never should have been eliminated earlier than COBL.

exactly what Axver said, nor should a few others in this list. Shame on you all.

LemonMelon said:

It's coming up for me, too. The album mixing on the last third of that song just kills it.

Whoops! Sorry, guys. That's what I get for not leaving my computer on when I go out. IF it were on, I would have remembered to post the new poll!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom