Rest of U2 Survivor: THE SHOWDOWN - Round 17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your LEAST FAVORITE Song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm surprised it's this close, to be honest. I thought OTH would far and away trounce Zooropa.

Thanks for the thanks, guys. It WAS fun ... just long. I have a short attention span. :wink:

Shit this is close stuff, One tree hill is one of my fav JT tracks.

yeah, one tree hill's gotta win. i honestly can't believe Zooropa made it this far -- i thought its novelty would have burnt out well before The Fly, or ASoH even

Shit this is close stuff, One tree hill is one of my fav JT tracks.

:yes:

Voted Zooropa ( never thought it would get passed The Fly ).

Cheers ,

Mauwer

me too!

yeah, one tree hill's gotta win. i honestly can't believe Zooropa made it this far -- i thought its novelty would have burnt out well before The Fly, or ASoH even

Ditto!

just wanted to try the multi-quote feature - my first time :happy:

Voted Zooropa. I really don't understand all this love for it :reject:

ONE TREE HILL FTMFW!!!

17422.JPEG

what she said.

someone will need to explain to me one day what entails a "sonic masterpiece"

I think Zooropa is great within the context of the album
on it's own as a song there are dozens of better U2 songs

These are two of my favorite U2 songs, so it was really tough to decide. I finally had to vote for One Tree Hill. Zooropa perfectly captures 90s U2, which is my favorite era of the band, and I think it's a masterpiece. There's something delightfully postmodern about it, and it's the one U2 song I've probably most rediscovered during this time when I really haven't been listening to the band much. There was no way I could vote for it.

One Tree Hill FTW. Zooropa's a great track, but OTH's one of the best things U2 has ever done.

80s Studio U2 > 90s Studio U2 by a mile.

someone will need to explain to me one day what entails a "sonic masterpiece"

Atmosphere, strong dynamic between loud and soft, interesting sonic quirks that spice things up without drowning out the music, and more obvious things such as proper use of panning and reverb. Zooropa is easily U2's most exciting song sonically.

Very cool how close this race is! And my vote had nothing to do with 80's vs. 90's. I just like Zooropa more, and yes, it is a masterpiece.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom