Rest of U2 Survivor: THE SHOWDOWN - Round 15 ... now with poll!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

corianderstem

Blue Crack Distributor
Heartland is out. Go thumb a lift there, Edge!

VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVORITE SONG

Polls will remain open for 24 hours.

Songs in this round:

- A Sort of Homecoming
- One Tree Hill
- The Fly
- Zooropa

Criteria for song selection (at least for the albums): anything on the regular pressings of the Best Of 1980-1990, Best Of 1990-2000, and U2:18 is excluded.

These songs are the winners of all the rounds, facing off to find ONE SONG TO RULE THEM (all the non-singles) ALL.

Well, at least Heartland made the top five. Always should've been in the top three with ASOH and OTH, though.

This time around, Zooropa. Tough choice between it and The Fly. Although both songs are brilliant and two of U2's best tracks, they aren't in the same class as ASOH and OTH.

Woah, the ASOH voting feels like it has come out of nowhere.

OTH, Fly and Zooropa are probably 3 of my favourite U2 songs, and so it's a deserving top 3. I'm stoked that one is going to win, but I'll cry myself to sleep knowing that 2 missed out.

3 way tie ftw.

It's the block of 80s/atmospheric haters who got rid of Heartland. It doesn't surprise me, I was afraid of this. They want The Fly-Zooropa in the final. :sad:

Exactly. I pointed this out ages ago. "A Sort Of Homecoming" is not a catchy pop track in the same vein as most of Achtung Baby/Zooropa. It was destined to go next. Joshua Tree fanatics will be enough to push Zooropa over the edge in a three-way although the 90's fans to have an opening to band together, push "OTH" over the hill and get what they want. "The Fly" will win this thing, hands-down. This is the most Zoo-biased U2 community on the net.

Exactly. I pointed this out ages ago. "A Sort Of Homecoming" is not a catchy pop track in the same vein as most of Achtung Baby/Zooropa. It was destined to go next. Joshua Tree fanatics will be enough to push Zooropa over the edge in a three-way although the 90's fans to have an opening to band together, push "OTH" over the hill and get what they want. "The Fly" will win this thing, hands-down. This is the most Zoo-biased U2 community on the net.

That maybe true, I don't know, but it's not totally that cleanly explained. I'm not zoo-biased at all... I tend toward the eighties for my favorites, it's just that for me anyways ASOH isn't my all time favorite in a poll that is for studio only. Had Gloria still been here I would have backed it to the end.

The Fly...

It fucking rocks live, but as far as studio versions go, I prefer the others. And they are all awesome songs...

*wrench* :(

I still don't think The Fly should count, since it was technically a single. :shrug:

I still don't think The Fly should count, since it was technically a single. :shrug:

Criteria was not being on a Best Of but it technically was on a Best Of....1990-2000 in the UK and probably elsewhere.

Hey Corri/Ax (who ran the last survivor), I think it would be interesting when all is said and done to compare the order of the final round elimination from this one to the non-single one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom