Rest of U2 Survivor: THE SHOWDOWN - Round 11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Electric Co

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Gloria

Votes: 8 12.1%
  • A Sort of Homecoming

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • One Tree Hill

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Heartland

Votes: 17 25.8%
  • The Fly

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Zooropa

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Please

Votes: 8 12.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would`ve voted for Please.
But I saw Heartland has got a lot of votes so I voted for Electric Co:wink:

Cheers ,

Mauwer

Well, TEC is leaving and Heartland is staying, much as I think both should outlast some of the other songs here. I've got Please, Zooropa and Gloria jostling for my vote here, which doesn't actually matter, so I'll go with Zooropa because of those 3 it has the fewest votes.

And I'm afraid Zooropa is going to inexplicably beat out OTH and ASOH for the win.

I absolutely love Zooropa, but I'd be sorry to see it win the whole thing. I don't think it'll happen.

Varitek said:

And I'm afraid Zooropa is going to inexplicably beat out OTH and ASOH for the win.

If that were to happen, I would be a very happy man, but it won't.

Gloria again....live it's so much better. Don't like the production of October anyway.

Electric Co will go, followed by Heartland, then Please.

That leaves us with this supoib final five:

Gloria
A Sort Of Homecoming
One Tree Hill
The Fly
Zooropa

That will be BRUTAL.

Saracene said:
Heartland. I always thought it was a pretty ho-hum song, and Bono's voice on "in this heaaaartlaaaand" makes me cringe.

what? that is one of the greatest moments in U2's history....and it makes you cringe? :confused:

Heartland should definitely make top 5 at least.....at LEAST...

and, yes LM, I believe Gloria is and was the more important song for U2 (a big hit single in a pivotal moment in U2's career) in the big scheme of things but not a better song...it just did more for U2 than Heartland, a song seemingly unknown to many U2 fans :tsk:

Haven't been involved in this competition much, but I'm gonna echo the "Heartland is meh-tastic" sentiments here. Never done too much for me, but it's still a good song.

A Sort of Homecoming, The Fly, or One Tree Hill should win.

Wait, I can predict this further.

Fifth Place: Gloria - Zootards aren't big fans of early U2

Fourth Place: A Sort Of Homecoming - The Zoogang likes their songs ridiculously catchy/poppy so this is out

Third Place: 80's fans strike back by kicking out Zooropa

Final: The Fly wins over One Tree Hill. A shame that the Achtung freaks get their way once again. On the other hand, it's my second favorite U2 song and the best that was eligible for this series of polls.

:laugh: @ BigMacPhisto

I doubt most people agree that these songs represent the best of each album anyway, even sans singles. My favorite song didn't make the cut. :shrug: (Though given that we voted on TUF 5 months ago, it might have been in 2nd or 3rd place at the time)

I personally rank Heartland among my top 10 (which is typically comprised of 12-15 songs and is never actually down to 10) but I can see why people don't like it as much. I didn't notice it for a long time, either. It's slow and it's simple but elegant. And god what gorgeous lyrics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom