Rest of U2 Survivor: The Joshua Tree - Round 7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your LEAST Favorite Song

• Running To Stand Still

Votes: 42 51.2%
  • One Tree Hill

Votes: 40 48.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
One Tree Hill, although it meant so much for me at some point in my life....

RTSS is so poignant and one of my favourite live moments, so it must win (and I saw the seven towers and I will never forget that day!).

Aaaahhhhhh torn between these two amazing songs.
With pain in my heart I voted One Tree Hill.
RTSS is just slightly better I think.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

One Tree Hill is so overrated it's not even funny. Hell, even if it were one of the best songs ever written it would still be overrated on this forum. God, people, keep your drool in your mouths.

Still haven't voted.

phillyfan26 said:
Running to Stand Still is fantastic.

But if you think it's better than One Tree Hill, you're on drugs.
I'm only on drugs because my psychiatrist says I need to be :sad:

LemonMelon said:
One Tree Hill is so overrated it's not even funny. Hell, even if it were one of the best songs ever written it would still be overrated on this forum. God, people, keep your drool in your mouths.

Still haven't voted.
ILU LM! I couldn't agree with you more. Now you know where I think your vote should go :wink:

DreamOutLoud13 said:

ILU LM! I couldn't agree with you more. Now you know where I think your vote should go :wink:

:wink: If it comes down to a one-vote lead for OTH I may just vote for it to screw with everyone.

Two fantastic songs. If live was included in the voting then I would have kept RTSS. The ZooTV version was excellent.

Love OTH though and in the end I voted it the winner:up:

I don't think One Tree Hill is the end-all be-all of U2 songs. I just think it's better than Running to Stand Still. :shrug:

I think Axver said he wouldn't be around for this last round.

I think he said he didn't want ties, so that he could make it back for this round.

phillyfan26 said:
I think he said he didn't want ties, so that he could make it back for this round.

Exactly. And ending the last poll a day early very well might've taken him out of the voting process because I believe he said he'd be back in time for the second day of the final round if there were no mercy-endings or ties.

He didn't say anything about that to me when I wished him a happy birthday and made a joke about this final poll in another online place. :shrug:

Oh well.

phillyfan26 said:

Looks like I made it back just in time. Voted for RTSS. One Tree Hill for the win. :drool:

I also can't believe you people rate RTSS above the excellence of Red Hill Mining Town, In God's Country, Exit, and Mothers Of The Disappeared.

I would love to know why anybody would rate RTSS ahead of OTH. RTSS is a great song, don't get me wrong, but half the band might as well be absent. Sure, RTSS may have exceptional lyrics, but OTH is on the same level. And while the piano is pretty beautiful in RTSS, I don't see how that one contribution by Edge stacks up against the whole band's effort on OTH. I find Adam and Larry to be pretty unnoticeable in RTSS.

Yeah, you tell 'em!

: raises can of cheap beer in your direction, sloshes it all over self :

Back
Top Bottom