Rest of U2 Survivor: The Joshua Tree - Round 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Bullet the Blue Sky

Votes: 27 37.0%
  • Running To Stand Still

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Red Hill Mining Town

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • In God's Country

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • One Tree Hill

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • Exit

Votes: 14 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

corianderstem

Blue Crack Distributor
We put those poor Mothers out of their misery (29 votes).

VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVORITE SONG

Polls will remain open for 48 hours, unless one song has taken enough of a beating after a day or so, in which case we'll call it an act of mercy and move on to the next round.

Songs in this round:

- Bullet The Blue Sky
- Running To Stand Still
- Red Hill Mining Town
- In God's Country
- One Tree Hill
- Exit

Criteria for song selection (at least for the albums): anything on the regular pressings of the Best Of 1980-1990, Best Of 1990-2000, and U2:18 is excluded.

In God's Country (again)

There's no way IGC is better than MOTD. I'm not going to forget this, Interference. Not for a long time.

phillyfan26 said:

You're on drugs, aren't you?

I would think a person would have to be on drugs to enjoy a song with the EXACT same melody repeated over and over and over again at a droning pace for 5 minutes. :wink:

IGC live >>>>>>> most everything

LemonMelon said:
I would think a person would have to be on drugs to enjoy a song with the EXACT same melody repeated over and over and over again at a droning pace for 5 minutes. :wink:

IGC live >>>>>>> most everything

We're not talking about IGC live, are we? (which is much better, much sharper guitar part)

On the album, it's an above average pop song.

Whereas MOTD is a gorgeous composition with simple beauty.

phillyfan26 said:

We're not talking about IGC live, are we? (which is much better, much sharper guitar part)

On the album, it's an above average pop song.

Whereas MOTD is a gorgeous composition with simple beauty.

Above average??? :mad: MOTD is a pretty end to one of the best albums of the 80's, but IGC never fails to impress me.

But I'll forgive you as long as you don't start gunning for RHMT. :wink:

I'm not saying I don't like In God's Country. It's just the ninth best song on my second favorite album ever (ahead of TTYW and ISHFWILF).

LemonMelon said:
:tsk: One of Bono's worst vocal performances on record. Really disappointing for that time period anyway.

Here's my Joshua Tree, if I'm U2:

1. Where the Streets Have No Name
2. In God's Country
3. Spanish Eyes
4. Bullet the Blue Sky
5. Running to Stand Still
6. With or Without You
7. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
8. Red Hill Mining Town
9. One Tree Hill
10. Exit
11. Mothers of the Disappeared

phillyfan26 said:

Here's my Joshua Tree, if I'm U2:

1. Where the Streets Have No Name
2. In God's Country
3. Spanish Eyes
4. Bullet the Blue Sky
5. Running to Stand Still
6. With or Without You
7. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
8. Red Hill Mining Town
9. One Tree Hill
10. Exit
11. Mothers of the Disappeared

This is one of the reasons you're not a part of U2.

LemonMelon said:
:tsk: One of Bono's worst vocal performances on record. Really disappointing for that time period anyway.

You're on crack. It's better than half the fucking album. It should have been in place of TTYW and I don't think anybody with at least two braincells to rub together is going to dispute that one.

Also, let's put a bullet in Bullet and move on to agonising over voting for the good stuff.

And you people who kicked off MOTD should be kicked off Interference. :tsk:

Axver said:

You're on crack. It's better than half the fucking album. It should have been in place of TTYW and I don't think anybody with at least two braincells to rub together is going to dispute that one.

Spanish Eyes sucks. Come on, he sounds horrible. Lyrically it's great and the riff is OK, but it's not One Tree Hill part dos or anything.

And yes, I am on crack, but I'm not showing it in THIS thread.

LemonMelon said:
Spanish Eyes sucks. Come on, he sounds horrible. Lyrically it's great and the riff is OK, but it's not One Tree Hill part dos or anything.

He sounds great. Better than on Streets, even. I always thought Streets' lacked something in the vocal department. The only person underperforming on Spanish Eyes is Larry. And I would count it in my top 15 U2 songs. Top 3 JT era songs.

In summary:

WEY HEY HEY!

LemonMelon said:

No, but it's IGC on Jesus.

Back
Top Bottom