Rest of U2 Survivor: The Joshua Tree - Round 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Bullet the Blue Sky

Votes: 27 37.0%
  • Running To Stand Still

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Red Hill Mining Town

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • In God's Country

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • One Tree Hill

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • Exit

Votes: 14 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
phillyfan26 said:
Hey!

October was in 1981.

That's 27 years.

Touche.

coolian2 said:
Spanish Eyes is fucken great

QFT. I think that's all that needs to be said on that topic. And that's the end of that chapter ...

Oh, and as for the Spanish Eyes haters, you're on more crack than I am (a Mothers of the Disappeared disliker).

"Exit" should leave the building.

How can anyone say that the album version of "Bullet" sucks???.Everyone on the band shine on the song.From Adam's bass,right through Bonos lyrics..and of course,most of all Edge solo.

Maybe some of you have listened too much of Sepultura's version:eyebrow:

Wow, there's nothing without a vote up there. This is going to get interesting.

And by "interesting," I mean "very ugly."

Well that's the thing about the Joshua Tree. I do love Exit :love:

There's nothing NOT to love on this album, and yes even Trip thru Your Wires. :grumpy:

It's just that Bullet is a much better song than Exit. :shrug:

But Exit is better than Red Hill Mining Town and In God's Country, though! It's not Exit's time yet to... well... exit.

Cigar said:
"Exit" should leave the building.

How can anyone say that the album version of "Bullet" sucks???.Everyone on the band shine on the song.From Adam's bass,right through Bonos lyrics..and of course,most of all Edge solo.

The studio version is not realised in the way the live version is. The studio Bullet's vocal delivery lacks strength in crucial places. Edge's guitar sound spot-on, but he does not use it to its fullest and the solos feel incomplete. Larry's drums do not sound sufficiently thunderous.

Exit, however, is an almost flawlessly executed brooding beast of doom.

the tourist said:
But Exit is better than Red Hill Mining Town and In God's Country, though! It's not Exit's time yet to... well... exit.

:hmm: Hmm no, I don't think so. But it is unfortunate that any of these songs need to ...Exit.

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom