Rest of U2 Survivor: The Joshua Tree - Round 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Bullet the Blue Sky

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Running to Stand Still

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Red Hill Mining Town

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • In God's Country

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • One Tree Hill

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Exit

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Mothers of the Disappeared

Votes: 31 47.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

corianderstem

Blue Crack Distributor
Wow, that last poll was quite the spectacle, wasn't it? Let's see if we can keep that up. :wink:

Trip Through Your Wires tripped out the door with 35 votes.

VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVORITE SONG

Polls will remain open for 48 hours, unless one song has taken enough of a beating after a day or so, in which case we'll call it an act of mercy and move on to the next round.

Songs in this round:

- Bullet The Blue Sky
- Running To Stand Still
- Red Hill Mining Town
- In God's Country
- One Tree Hill
- Exit
- Mothers Of The Disappeared

Criteria for song selection (at least for the albums): anything on the regular pressings of the Best Of 1980-1990, Best Of 1990-2000, and U2:18 is excluded.

I'm responding to comments made in first round but figured it was best to start here...

I think RHMT is one of the best songs on this album, one of their most powerful songs ever actually, it's brilliant, especially vocals..I won't be voting it for awhile

and yes I honestly believe Bono could sing it these days...it would sound fucking incredible and would leave the audience speechless, it's overwhelming just imagining it...

xaviMF22 said:
Bono singing RHMT :yikes:

Pfft...it's not that hard. Anyone that can nail Bad can get through RHMT without embarrassing themselves.

Lemon on the other hand would be :yikes:

LemonMelon said:

Pfft...it's not that hard. Anyone that can nail Bad can get through RHMT without embarrassing themselves.

Lemon on the other hand would be :yikes:

Bono attempting to sing Lemon now :yikes:

ohsnap.gif

Bullet. It's amazing live (well, depending on the tour in question), but the studio version honestly lacks something. I think that while Edge got the guitar sound spot-on, what he does with it, i.e. the soloing, is not complete.

Whatever idiot voted for One Tree Hill should be shot.

I am also disgusted with the votes for MOTD, and I feel I more than clearly made the case for that haunting, beautiful song last round.

Axver said:
I am also disgusted with the votes for MOTD, and I feel I more than clearly made the case for that haunting, beautiful song last round.

Oh, were we supposed to listen to you?

:wink:

Honestly, Bullet was just not on my radar. I skip the album version so often, I forgot it was even on this list.

And I TYPED the damn list!

corianderstem said:
Honestly, Bullet was just not on my radar. I skip the album version so often, I forgot it was even on this list.

And I TYPED the damn list!

:lmao:

xaviMF22 said:
Bono singing RHMT :yikes:

yes, yikes, as in holy shit this is the greatest performance ever...

IT WOULD ROCK YOUR SOCKS OFF!

and his falsetto isn't even close to being gone...where is peteerr!!!! and where are you!?!??! WAKE UP! hold your mistake up!

As hard as it was, I voted for MOTD...:(

Please don't take this the wrong way, but can we not turn this thread into another one of the threads where Bono's vocals get dissected note by note? There are plenty of other threads for that.

This thread is for knock-down, drag-out fights over which song sucks more. And random bizarro antics.

:wink:

corianderstem said:
This thread is for knock-down, drag-out fights over which song sucks more. And random bizarro antics.

I'll kidnap your avatar - and possibly the kitten in it too - unless you acknowledge MOTD's goodness. :evil:

Leave my kitty out of this! :mad:

I was going to admit to voting for the wrong song again, since I'd completely forgotten about Bullet, but I made an ill-informed choice last time, too.

I'd hate for anyone to think I was goofy or something. :wink:

I swear, if you vote for OTH thinking that you're voting for "Red Tree Hill", I will kidnap the kitten.

Then take it to One Tree Hill.

Then send it back to you, angry as all hell.

Good, because I don't want to take the kitten to One Tree Hill. I mean, the hill itself is good, but it's in Auckland. Auckland.

I've only been to one worse city in my life. Sydney. I think I'd almost be tempted to go to Baghdad instead of having to spend a day with sour, rude, semi-incoherent Aucklanders.

Back
Top Bottom