Rest of U2 Survivor: The Joshua Tree - Round 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Bullet the Blue SKy

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Running To Stand Still

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Red Hill Mining Town

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • In God's Country

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Trip Through Your Wires

Votes: 35 43.8%
  • One Tree Hill

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Exit

Votes: 8 10.0%
  • Mothers Of the Disappeared

Votes: 24 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Sad Punk said:
Hold those horses a minute, bros.

Exit 5 9.62%

Exit 5 9.62%

Exit 5 9.62%

:|

My thoughts exactly. It's in the top 3 of those listed.

corianderstem said:
I like that others are validating my crazy ears and saying they hear the mispronunciation.

I like knowing I'm not completely crazy. :wink:

Yeah me too. I was afraid I was the only one who always heard "face of IT" rather than "earth". I'm beginning to think Bono thinks it's "it" too, judging by a lot of the live versions.

Though compared to my "other" fav band (REM) Bono's lyrical meanderings are nothing - not only is Stipe harder, but they don't generally give you lyrics in the CDs.

Man, trying to decipher the lyrics to Murmur is harder than shoving kittens through the eye of a needle.

Murmur, the most appropriate album title in music history. He's gotten a bit better.

The Sad Punk said:
Hold those horses a minute, bros.

Exit 5 9.62%

Exit 5 9.62%

Exit 5 9.62%

:|

Even worse:

One Tree Hill 2 3.08%

Two people are about to find nuclear warheads on their doorsteps. Perhaps two each if they think the warheads are "nukular".

I voted Exit. On a whim, I admit. When you like every song, what are you gonna do?

Coulda gone with Red Hill Mining Town and if pushed, maybe Trip. But I think that's one of U2's more fun songs!

Torn between Running To Stand Still and In God's Country for the win. Bullet and One Tree Hill are also great. Decisions, decisions....

Mostly people insulting each other on their choices in this round.

Yeah, and all non-TTYW voters ... GFY.

phillyfan26 said:
Mostly people insulting each other on their choices in this round.

Yeah, and all non-TTYW voters ... GFY.

I hear Donovan loves Trip. Saw on TMZ that it's his current ringtone :)

:shocked:

this is really mind boggling, who on earth voted for One Tree Hill? Is it really your least favorite song on this entire album? That is absolutely astonishing, I don't understand it...whoever voted for One Tree Hill, please speak up! I'm curious to know the reason behind your vote :waiting:

Come on, in honour of Sir Edmund Hillary's passing, let's take One Tree Hill to a JT victory.

Rob33 said:
:shocked:

this is really mind boggling, who on earth voted for One Tree Hill? Is it really your least favorite song on this entire album? That is absolutely astonishing, I don't understand it...whoever voted for One Tree Hill, please speak up! I'm curious to know the reason behind your vote :waiting:

:whistle:

coolian2 said:
Well, i expected One Tree Hill to win anyway.

Fingers crossed

It'll be interesting to see how it fares - I expect RTSS to go through. RTSS won the Non-Single Survivor, but it of course didn't have to compete with OTH that time around.

I've got to admit that leaves me a little baffled - RTSS is a great song, but by no means the best here.

My rating:

1. One Tree Hill (no shit!)
2. Red Hill Mining Town
3. Mothers Of The Disappeared
4. Exit
5. Running To Stand Still
6. In God's Country
7. Bullet The Blue Sky
8. Trip Through Your Wires

With 4-6 interchangeable. I'm really not sure what I'll do once Bullet goes.

I don't want to rank my favourite songs of what's here.

But i will anyway.

One Tree Hill
In God's Country
Exit
Red Hill Mining Town
Mothers Of the Disappeared
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
Trip Through Your Wires

The fact that i really like Trip shows the closeness of the list. It just gets harder when the best of songs are added in.

I don't know why, but a caramel latte sounds bloody nice right now. Stupid food and drink ideas tempting me from the internets.

Axver said:
It'll be interesting to see how it fares - I expect RTSS to go through. RTSS won the Non-Single Survivor, but it of course didn't have to compete with OTH that time around.
It'll probably come down to OTH vs. RTSS, and then you and I are going to fight :grumpy:

Yeah, I don't get the lovefest for it on this forum.

But I don't get a lot about this forum.

I think RTSS is one of those songs that either get you or they don't. Not the same as saying "you don't get RTSS" at all. Drowning Man is another. I love DM, but I found out during the War voting that there's a good chunk of U2 fandom that views it as superficial cheesy fluff. RTSS is in that group IMO. A lot of people love it, but there are going to be people who are pretty much "meh" about it. Stay is that way for me. Half of this place just adores Stay, while I'm completely indifferent about it.

Back
Top Bottom