Rest of U2 Survivor: The Joshua Tree - Round 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Bullet the Blue SKy

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Running To Stand Still

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Red Hill Mining Town

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • In God's Country

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Trip Through Your Wires

Votes: 35 43.8%
  • One Tree Hill

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Exit

Votes: 8 10.0%
  • Mothers Of the Disappeared

Votes: 24 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
the tourist said:
Maybe it's a Seattle thing.

Well, I did want to visit Seattle, but after this? I'm crossing it off my list.

Lila64 said:
Here you go corianderstem
bigsmileysun.gif

Listening to MOTD now
tearsofjoy.gif

And I'm with NSW on the One Tree Hill bandwagon. Love that song :heart:

I didn't mention the song, but, as it turns out, it ranks just below ASOH on my all-time list, so I aints going to be voting for it. EVAR.

corianderstem said:

We need bright lights or sunshine, quick! If The Tourist and I don't get it, we'll probably vote for One Tree Hill next. We can't help it.

Don't even joke about such a thing!

Anyway, Mothers of the Disappear is the only song I skip on The Joshua Tree. I like it about 2% less than I like Trip Through Your Wires (which has kinda grown on me). However, One Tree Hill is in the top 3 at least of the choices!

It's such a contradiction. Perry Como said it himself, via song: The bluest skies you've ever seen are in Seattle.

Just not in winter. :grumpy:

Thanks, Lila! I feel myself wanting to vote for the right songs now. :up:

Axver said:

I will ban anybody who votes for One Tree Hill even though I'm not a mod. I have my ways. They involve nuclear warheads.

thanks for that...:lol:

corianderstem said:
It's such a contradiction. Perry Como said it himself, via song: The bluest skies you've ever seen are in Seattle.

Yeah, from July 5th to the middle of September the skies are generally blue.

Axver said:

I will ban anybody who votes for One Tree Hill even though I'm not a mod. I have my ways. They involve nuclear warheads.

You did mention it, just in case you needed updating. That's why I commented on it. I :heart: OTH. It's now playing on my CD player.

Jara sang his song a weapon in the hands of one...

My bad, that was Axver. Please forgive me. I offer a TimTam as a peace offering. I really do have a package sitting in the kitchen too.

xaviMF22 said:
come to New York Ax, :wink:

New Yorkers hate Trip :drool:

New York sounds too big. Far too big. And Bono sings about it too frequently.

I think I'll stick with Melbourne. :drool:

Lila64 said:
My bad, that was Axver. Please forgive me. I offer a TimTam as a peace offering. I really do have a package sitting in the kitchen too.

I'll loan you one of my pairs of glasses in return. :wink:

Tim Tams for the win. How about that? The winner of Rest Of U2 Survivor: Tim Tams!

No spoken words said:
I'll take the Tim Tam. Can you eat one and not think of a set list party?

Can it be 2009 and tour time again? I miss the setlist parties.

No spoken words said:
They were fun, especially early on.

It was funny how each leg's parties had its own unique character. Only a small amount of us were constant throughout the entire time - I think at least 10,000 of my posts come from the parties!

Personally, my favourite leg was Europe, though my fondest memory is the Auckland vs Wellington "arguments" timothius and I had on the third leg. And your parodies, NSW. I think I actually saved a couple of them ...

xaviMF22 said:
see ? people from Seattle are loco :tsk:

DUDE. Stop messing with me!

I love One Tree Hill, but it so completely bugs me when Bono sings the line "I don't believe in painted roses" because the way he pronounces painted? It sounds like "FANCY." Or "PANCY."

That's not just me, right? The first time I saw the actual lyrics, I didn't believe it was "painted roses" because he sings it nothing like "painted."

It seriously makes me :mad:

The 10/17/05 Philly setlist party was a favorite of mine. Everyone went nuts when they heard that Bruce Springsteen was joining the band on stage.

Wow. Mothers Of The Disappeared is one of my favorite songs off of this album. It certainly can't be the first to go. It's such a gorgeous track with haunting lyrics. And the remaster just makes it that much more droolworthy.

Trip Through Your Wires. I mean, easily.

And One Tree Hill most definitely should win this.

corianderstem said:
I love One Tree Hill, but it so completely bugs me when Bono sings the line "I don't believe in painted roses" because the way he pronounces painted? It sounds like "FANCY." Or "PANCY."

That's not just me, right? The first time I saw the actual lyrics, I didn't believe it was "painted roses" because he sings it nothing like "painted."

It seriously makes me :mad:

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, and that's my favourite part of the entire song!

The only part of the song where Bono's enunciation bugs me is "carved into stone on the face of Earth". I think it sounds more like he's singing "carved into stone on the face of it" - but that's not as good, so I keep typing what it's meant to be whenever I quote it. :wink:

Axver said:

It was funny how each leg's parties had its own unique character. Only a small amount of us were constant throughout the entire time - I think at least 10,000 of my posts come from the parties!

Personally, my favourite leg was Europe, though my fondest memory is the Auckland vs Wellington "arguments" timothius and I had on the third leg. And your parodies, NSW. I think I actually saved a couple of them ...

I think I dropped out for one of the legs, but definitely posted a lot during the first leg. I remember being the "source" in Glendale and when they played "Bad" I was thinking "Man, they are probably going berserk right now in the set list party thread". :)

My parodies. Ha. I'm sure most were lame, looking back, but at the time they were funny. You know, in context and all. :)

Timothius! How is he????

YES! I hear "face of IT" as well. His enunciation is all over the place in that song, but I give him a pass because we all know it's because he's all emotional and shit in it.

But seriously - go listen to the part with "painted roses" and tell me you hear P-A-I-N-T-E-D.

Back
Top Bottom