Rest of U2 Survivor: Rattle and Hum - Round 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Van Diemen's Land

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • Hawkmoon 269

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Love Rescue Me

Votes: 48 64.9%
  • Heartland

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • God Part II

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No spoken words said:
Axver, name for me a good LIVE version of Hawkmoon...a date or two, please. For my collection.

ALL of them (there's only eight!). 1989-11-18, Sydney is soundboard and very, very good.

2861U2 said:
And, as expected, I'm the only one to vote for Heartland so far. :wink:

EYKIW's polls judge you wrong.

FYM's prevailing opinions judge you wrong.

Australia's road rules judge you - or at least your avatar - wrong.

Spotting a pattern yet? :wink:

KhanadaRhodes said:

you're right! :sad: this is me: :cool: but without the smile. i kinda look like roy orbison, but not as cool. or as talented.

Just as long as you don't buy Bono's glasses, all will be well.

Axver said:

EYKIW's polls judge you wrong.

FYM's prevailing opinions judge you wrong.

Australia's road rules judge you - or at least your avatar - wrong.

Spotting a pattern yet? :wink:

Yeah.

I have a lot of persuading to do.

Love Rescue Me. Really good song, but not QUITE up to Van Diemen's Land level.

PS: the studio songs on this album rock.

LemonMelon said:
the studio songs on this album rock.

Yes. They really do. Makes me wish they'd put out a different type of double album (12 studio songs on one disc and 10 or so live songs on another disc).

Axver said:
Love Rescue Me. The only crap song here.

My rankings:

1. Heartland :drool:
2. God Part II
3. Van Diemen's Land
4. Hawkmoon 269
50,000. Love Rescue Me (though some lyrics in it aren't bad)

If the studio version of Hawkmoon were more like the live version, it would be third and possibly even tied for second.

If the studio version of Hawkmoon were like the live version it would be permanently in my top ten u2 songs of all time!
Good new avatar Axver, but the old NZ one was unbeatable. You gotta bring it back!!

An Cat Gav said:

If the studio version of Hawkmoon were like the live version it would be permanently in my top ten u2 songs of all time!
Good new avatar Axver, but the old NZ one was unbeatable. You gotta bring it back!!

Yeah, live Hawkmoon was so good that the same would probably be true for me. Definitely top 20.

And :lol: - a number of people remarked when I had the U2 NZ avatar that they missed the Red Rocks Edge one. Now the U2 NZ one is missed! Maybe I need a Red Rocks NZ one ...? New Zealand playing an Explorer?

Axver said:

And :lol: - a number of people remarked when I had the U2 NZ avatar that they missed the Red Rocks Edge one. Now the U2 NZ one is missed! Maybe I need a Red Rocks NZ one ...? New Zealand playing an Explorer?

I thought the Edge at Red Rocks avatar was familiar from the old days before I fell off the face of the earth. A lot of time goes by when you're in a band, record an album, open for one of the bigger bands in your town, and then everything falls to pieces right before it blows up (because your singer is on cocaine, though no one else in the band knows it).

Easy choice.....Love Rescue Me.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

p.s. I totally agree that Hawkmoon live is miles and miles better than the studio version.
I`ll have a tough time voting for it coz it`s the first U2 song I`ve seen live in concert ( Amsterdam `89 )

Last edited:
the tourist said:
I thought the Edge at Red Rocks avatar was familiar from the old days before I fell off the face of the earth. A lot of time goes by when you're in a band, record an album, open for one of the bigger bands in your town, and then everything falls to pieces right before it blows up (because your singer is on cocaine, though no one else in the band knows it).

Wow, so that's what happened. I was wondering where you got to, and it's nice to have you back and posting regularly.

I wouldn't mind hearing that album, too.

COBL_04 said:
Van Diemen's Land. Edge's vocals grate like nails on a chalkboard.

Quoted for falsity. :wink:

Sometimes, I honestly think Edge has a better voice than Bono.

Axver said:
Wow, so that's what happened. I was wondering where you got to, and it's nice to have you back and posting regularly.

I wouldn't mind hearing that album, too.

Thanks. And I'll upload it back onto my computer soon and send it your way, though it's probably not up your alley!

And cori, is this enough of a landslide to constitute a mercy killing? (Ha, Mercy.)

Back
Top Bottom