Rest of U2 Survivor: Passengers - Round 7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• United Colours

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Slug

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Your Blue Room

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Always Forever Now

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Beach Sequence

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • ... Let's Go Native

Votes: 24 58.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

corianderstem

Blue Crack Distributor
In the interest of saving our sanity through this round, I went a little lax on the mercy rules and stopped the last poll early.

One Minute Warning was out with 17 votes.

For this album, polls will remain open only 24 hours.

VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVORITE SONG

Polls will remain open for 24 hours, unless one song has taken enough of a beating after a day or so, in which case we'll call it an act of mercy and move on to the next round.

Songs in this round:

- United Colours
- Slug
- Your Blue Room
- Always Forever Now
- Beach Sequence
- Theme From Let's Go Native

Criteria for song selection (at least for the albums): anything on the regular pressings of the Best Of 1980-1990, Best Of 1990-2000, and U2:18 is excluded.

I can't believe you people voted off the second-best song here so early. :tsk:

Again, Let's Go Native. As I said in the last round, it's good; the rest of the songs left are great.

Let's just close this now. An elite voting body of phanan, New South Wales, Varitek, and myself is fine by me. Probably because I'm on it. :wink:

Axver said:
Let's just close this now. An elite voting body of phanan, New South Wales, Varitek, and myself is fine by me. Probably because I'm on it. :wink:

Like the UN Security Council? None of us vetos it so it's a done deal?

Varitek said:
Like the UN Security Council? None of us vetos it so it's a done deal?

I am totally down with that. And PFan is just one of the rotating members who doesn't have veto power, so we don't care what he thinks.

No spoken words said:
I still dig the No Spoken Words to NSW to New South Wales conversion. Makes me laugh each time. I'm kind of stupid, so that could explain that.

That's because New South Wales is an arse farm.

No, it cracks me up every time too.

No spoken words said:
I still dig the No Spoken Words to NSW to New South Wales conversion. Makes me laugh each time. I'm kind of stupid, so that could explain that.

I always see NSW and think either Not Safe (for) Work or North South West (obvioiusly not a direction). I'm partial to the NSfW, because I'm kind of childish like that, so it makes me laugh.

Varitek said:

I always see NSW and think either Not Safe (for) Work or North South West (obvioiusly not a direction). I'm partial to the NSfW, because I'm kind of childish like that, so it makes me laugh.

I like NSFW a lot, but it's most impactful in doses, or so I think.

I am not childish at all, though.

POWERJUICE!!!!

Axver said:

I am totally down with that. And PFan is just one of the rotating members who doesn't have veto power, so we don't care what he thinks.

However, this will not work for the final round, where I am firmly in the YBR camp. We just have to figure out whether I'm China with YBR or you're China with Slug....in which case the muffins = cheap goods that cause lead poisoning.

Varitek said:

NSFW just makes me think of New South Wales receiving an F because it's a failure of a state and nobody likes it.

While we await Cori closing this, tell me, Axver, setlist extraordinaire, how many times has U2 played or snippeted a David Bowie song?

Varitek said:
However, this will not work for the final round, where I am firmly in the YBR camp. We just have to figure out whether I'm China with YBR or you're China with Slug....in which case the muffins = cheap goods that cause lead poisoning.

I'm Russia. One of my middle names is Vladimir (unofficially, because I'm a cheap bastard and adding it by deed poll costs money). Thus the muffins = goods that fall apart into 15 pieces the second after you commit to doing what I want.

Axver said:

I'm Russia. One of my middle names is Vladimir (unofficially, because I'm a cheap bastard and adding it by deed poll costs money). Thus the muffins = goods that fall apart into 15 pieces the second after you commit to doing what I want.

:lol:

Fair enough. I'll be Britain - I kind of politely ask people to join me in voting for YBR, but I really don't have that much power anymore.

And why did you adapt Vladimir as a name, and why a middle name?

phillyfan26 said:
While we await Cori closing this, tell me, Axver, setlist extraordinaire, how many times has U2 played or snippeted a David Bowie song?

Er ... at least once? I admittedly don't remember which songs are Bowie's because I don't listen to his music.

Varitek said:
Fair enough. I'll be Britain - I kind of politely ask people to join me in voting for YBR, but I really don't have that much power anymore.

Yeah, we all know your threats are fairly baseless now, and if you try to seriously enact them ... well, we've got some ex-KGB agents here in Russia who can come and poison some people in London to distract you.

And why did you adapt Vladimir as a name, and why a middle name?

I've always been fascinated by Russia, it's my favourite Russian name, and it became my nickname for a while early in high school. I've always intended to add an extra middle name anyway, as I don't have one I was meant to have (my mother wanted it but my father vetoed it on the basis that my name was long enough; I think my mother was right). So I decided I might as well add Vladimir while I'm at it, since I like it so much. I've considered it part of my name since I was 13.

Axver said:

Yeah, we all know your threats are fairly baseless now, and if you try to seriously enact them ... well, we've got some ex-KGB agents here in Russia who can come and poison some people in London to distract you.

Yeah, but my money is worth more than yours and everyone else's, and a majority of members of U2 are either citizens or knights of my country. And my royalty doesn't have a deadly genetic condition. I totally have all the symbollic power.

Axver said:

Er ... at least once? I admittedly don't remember which songs are Bowie's because I don't listen to his music.

Jean Genie's been played twice to my knowledge, once in Sao Paulo, once in New York.

Varitek said:
Yeah, but my money is worth more than yours and everyone else's, and a majority of members of U2 are either citizens or knights of my country. And my royalty doesn't have a deadly genetic condition. I totally have all the symbollic power.

We can just send you to Siberia. Your symbolism won't count for much there, and nobody will recognise your pounds sterling.

If you care at all for your site, the actual title of the song is The Jean Genie.

I'm trying to tally up the Bowie stuff now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom